Isekai de Shippai Shinai 100 no Houhou - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

I honestly thought she would have a better explanation, but it was shit. Like oh you NEED to know what it’s like to be protected by a man, does anyone know when the Male interests find out her gender or is this going to drag?

Dex-chan lover
@Swindy
Not that she needs to know how it's like being protected by a man, but more like so that when there's a danger she knows there's going to be someone to protect her.
Since by her previous actions she's going to jump into a lot of danger in the future.

Contributor
Yeah the comphet was really strong this chapter from Matilda, and the way the chapter romanticized needing a strong man, i didn't like at all.

Dex-chan lover
She hardly needs to know about being protected by a strong man because that's how she has gotten out of every single violent encounter she threw herself into despite not being able to even defend herself. Being morally right in a situation doesn't really help anything when you can't uphold those beliefs on your own. She is right to hide her gender because becoming a tool for a kingdom would be shit, but she routinely throws that out the window dangerways but constantly throwing herself into situations she can't get out of by herself. It's like she's dodging a rock to jump on to a spear.

Not feel’n the “protected by a man” bit, but to each their own. Some women be like that 🤷🏼‍♀️

I like that the MC is figuring out how to read Seth. He clearly doesn’t give a lot away with his facial expressions, but she’s learning that if she can read between the lines there is a lot of emotion behind his actions.

At the moment the author is presenting a cultural shock between different societies.

It was like that in medieval Europe before.

Before putting the #metoo vision, assess that she is not living in a society with egalitarian laws.

Dex-chan lover
What Matilda said rubbed the wrong way, but PotatoZero gave a more acceptable reason. Gotta agree with Lioslin though lmao.

Aggregator gang
I agree with charkan, we might not like what Matilda is saying or the wording choice, but we have to remember the society she's lived her whole life in. In fact, for a medieval peasant woman, she already being incredibly progressive by not forcing Souma to "turn back into a real woman". If not for this being fiction, Souma could've been beaten into submission, immediately publicly outed and shamed, ostracized and labeled insane, or even accused of being a witch and hunted.

For Matilda, her understanding of society is that the men will always naturally be stronger than women because they're the ones doing the hard manual labour out in the forests and fields or, if they're soldiers and knights, waging war and holding almost exclusive rights to wield weapons. Her "need" for Souma to "know the protection of a strong man" is an expression, however terribly and poorly worded for our gender-equality-seeking audience, of her concern for Souma's safety in Matilda's understanding of how the world works. Matilda cares - deeply so - for Souma, and has seen Souma throw herself into multiple very dangerous situations and then displayed no real ability to resolve it once it escalated past diplomacy. Now that there are obvious signs that there are men who CAN do what Souma can't, Matilda's behaviour is her hoping that she can do something, however small, to protect Souma from basically herself.

Dex-chan lover
Protected by a man? *flashback to all damsel moments* What a novel concept!

Dex-chan lover
@shibaweeb
It's the other way around,
Men were the one doing the manual labour and waging wars because they were naturally the stronger ones.

Not sure about the first paragraph, but agree with the rest.

Dex-chan lover
The author is trying to tell me that women need to be protected by a man. Should I accept the author's teachings?

Idk I feel like the FL is being to immature. Like I wanna ship this but no like she ain’t getting away with playing as a man or anything. The authors teaching is now dying on me

@PotatoZero I mean, they build muscle more easily, but war-wise it’s also that testosterone is related to dominance and aggression. Also, that’s definitely why that was the case in the first place, but the gap in strength is widened by the fact that women aren’t taught how to fight or encouraged to do so. So the men who use weapons or get into brawls often are going to do much better in a fight

@Kikiguardian Because dramatic tension! Manga knows no logic lol

Users who are viewing this thread