Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

@cmertb Also, the use of 「」 may not necessarily be due to the series being RPG-related, but rather it being a light novel adaptation, where such usage is quite common. My guess that you were replacing with square brackets straight across is based on my observation that light novel translators have a tendency to do so. My apologies if I was inaccurate.

Dex-chan lover
the previous sword users are perverted... Or is it the sword influence?

Make a negotiations skill and give it to Guild Master Chan. "I found it in the mansions secret room"

Dex-chan lover
@moel Probably just a requirement. Perverts of that caliber have qualities besides being perverted after all. You need great courage and confidence to walk around like that. You need to have charisma too to avoid issues.

If anything more heroes should be "perverted" since people generally are. I mean they only hide it out of fear and insecurity. A hero should have no need for such things, atleast in reference to who they are. They can be afraid or insecure but i doubt it would be about self image or gossip. More like whether they can fulfill their role or do what they must.

I mean why care about being naked when you have to fight the literal demon lord or something later?

Dex-chan lover
Re: Heroes and Perverts

The game One Way Heroics has the Hero class as an option. Their special power? Zenura Weave! Or, translated, Nudity Wave(ish)! Once used the power cannot be turned off and no armor can be worn from then on. In return the Hero becomes extremely powerful in all other stats.

Seemed relevant to the discussion.

Double-page supporter
I really like Leticia's character design, Aine has the "manga heroine eyes" though, so no Leticia for me *sigh*

@cmertb Personally, I disagree with KLSymph. I like the brackets, especially for RPG related content. It very much feels like the bracketed words are "highlight, special term here" rather than anything else. I don't like when games or articles highlight them different colors, especially articles when you can't click on them. The change is color is glaring and feels out of place imo, the same as would bold or italic if it's done this frequently for singular words or phrases in sentences.

Whether or not these brackets follow standard English...punctuation?...matters little to me as I view the text in the manga to just as much represent the story as it does represent the game like world the characters are in. Furthermore, I don't feel these brackets create any confusion as to their use or the words they are applied to because they aren't in standard English use. If a reader is not used to seeing them, they can quickly deduce their meaning in this manga. Quotation marks often have specific uses in English that would not fit how they are being used here and would 100% erase the RPG element of highlighting these words. Bold and italic have their own connotations, especially bold as it often shouts at the reader as it pops off the page.

@KLSymph I'll defer to your knowledge on how Japanese write novels and their use of brackets as I have little experience reading LN, especially in Japanese. That being said, I'd argue that is even more of a reason to keep these brackets as they are now. They provide a more Japanese/LN feel to this manga that other media do not normally have. For readers such as myself, it is quite enjoyable for various media to have their own feel to them. It grants them a unique feeling in comparison to the others and that uniqueness becomes directly associated to that media.

Dex-chan lover
have to say i am not enthused by dog-sized bats. except when i happen to have a shotgun with me.

Dex-chan lover
@Samhill I feel bad for the mansion. Was there any specific reason to blow a giant hole in the wall?

Double-page supporter
Not really sure why hes her hero when they barely know each other. Or why shes being so kind to him. Is she like that with everyone ?
And hes just going to except she just put him on cleaning duty ? when its not his business.
Whys he clapping at the bats ? Is there mossy"s around ?

I love the fact Lucia was so tall (well looked alot taller than the MC at least). <3 tall girls.

@moel haha, so I wasnt the only one who noticed that.

Dex-chan lover
He's the same type like Hachiman and Oreki. But for some reason I have him.

Banned
"No matter how much I sleep or how much I work, things just don't get better...
Day after day, the same thing repeats."

That... is life.... you snuggle-thot.

And funny how he calls them "cheat skills" .... but casting bigger spells with a longer casting time is just standard magic advancement... and holy enchanting isn't exactly super OP either... They're more like "slightly more powerful than usual skills" than cheat skills.... especially since he just jumbled a few words around and it somehow conveniently just became super useful rather than complete garbage.
Logically speaking, fucking with the structure of skills like that would probably result in really stupid nonsense skills most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread