Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure - Vol. 5 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
it is a bit unclear as to what happened to the girl after she was saved

Contributor
@Talh
This name is thought to derive from the biblical Behemoth.[4] It has thus been translated as Behemot (German for "Behemoth") by Ethé.[5]

However, the original biblical Behemoth never appeared as a fish.[6] A reshaping of its nature must have occurred in Arab storytelling, some time in the pre-islamic period.[7] One proposed scenario is that a pair of beasts from the bible were confused with each other;[8] the behemoth mis-assigned to the fish, and the aquatic leviathan to the bull.

Dex-chan lover
@boag

You realize it wasn't to say "This is superior" so much as "This stands out less" and "I'm more comfortable with it."

As a Westerner, we're more comfortable with medieval European-era swordcraft styles.
To them, your insistence on that shape would either be understood as just a geographical bias, or be seen as just as cringey.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter feels.. off. 0 smooth transitions anywhere, just rough cuts 24/7. Also if there is some bullshit about water dragon, betrothals and that noble girl, I will be f'n pissed. Do not need any more, we got the best girls, getting a child to do the marriage dance around MC with some forced bullshit and MC just rolls over will just warrant a drop for this.

I just noticed the new cover, f'k me. I liked this a lot, depending on what happens with that child, forced marriage and some bullshit prophecy shit, im done.

Dex-chan lover
The curse of being (monthly) webnovel adaptation : too much plot threads and jump cuts in one manga chapter

SGR

Double-page supporter
Whoa. From acceptable to incoherent in just one chapter. Good work there, author...

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel
yes, because a highschool student, who has probably never held a blade in his life would feel more comfortable with a blade more historically manufactured in their country.

Which is why if a black guy gets isekaid, this will be their weapon of choice
african-shield-spears-vector-design-260nw-561140521.jpg

and if a Latino gets isekaid it will be this.
7437dc8bd4e52cdf776356231ac2467b.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
So everyone who got isekai-ed all have Basic Swordmanship or Basic something right? Because they all fucking know how to wear armors and use any weapons easily, even though MC looks like a guy that doesn't even know how to use sword, or katana in this case. Goddamn why it always has to be Katana?

Dex-chan lover
Does this have something to do with the fish FOE he killed to recruit the wolf?

And, here we go again with bullshit Japanese nonsense. Playing Ninja Gaiden, with Ryu Hayabusa as an MC, in the modern world as a Japanese man, AND a ninja absolutely makes sense to have his main weapon be a katana. hell, have the best weapons be katana's (they are).

But for nonsensical excuses like this drivel, to change a perfectly good sword (better IMO) to a katana, JUST for the sake of him being a Japanese isekai'd mc is retarded af. In what way, shape or form would he be more comfortable with a katana over a western sword, since he's never so much as used a stick (as far as we know) as a weapon. It makes even LESS sense, for a Japanese weapon to seem less inconspicuous than a magic western-style sword... IN A MAGIC WESTERN STYLE WORLD. This shit is ridiculous and takes away from the immersion for what feels like pandering.

I KNOW for a fact this isn't always the case for stories, whether here in the West or East. Final Fantasy, Berserk, etc all use Bastard swords and other western-styled swords as weapons and it doesn't take away from the immersion what so ever. Shit, even the Chinese who love to boast about their short sword ancestors have stories like Against the Gods with swords like 15 feet in length, lmao.

Ahhhh, this wouldn't be so annoying if 90% of these stories didn't pull crap like this. A sword is just cool enough, your countries origins shouldn't matter unless you trained with that style of weapon.

Sigh, rant over. Before I get messages, yes, I know it's not that big of a deal. It just kills me that they do this stuff, for really no reason other than "I'm Japanese, therefore my character should like a katana".

Dex-chan lover
Everyone shitting on the katana while ignoring the blatant drop in translation quality.

Group Leader
@Kiriha: Oh, so you know Japanese and looked at the RAWs and yeah, it's TOTALLY the translation quality, not the chapter dialogue itself being whack. Right...

Dex-chan lover
@boag

You're speaking to a black man. So... nice.

No, you chittering disappointment, I didn't say he felt comfortable with it out of USAGE. But simply because it's what he's used to seeing and referring to when he thinks of or speaks of a 'sword'. Thanks for the incorrect assumption that you felt the need to be offensively flippant over.

You're more comfortable referring to medieval European swords, but I doubt you've trained in them. This should have been obvious with the slightest amount of deductive reasoning.

Dex-chan lover
@boag kendo ain't a part of their gym class, I know they have kendo class. If you know how to use one of those stick things they use you'd have an idea how to use a Katana. In highschool I learned fencing, we did archery in middle school and highschool and it was enough for a kid to get pretty good at something. Though if I were to pick I sword type for a basically indestructible I'd go with something that is good for cutting and stabbing like leaf blade, cutlass, scimitar, katana, machete. If anything it'd be nice if the sword could change into whatever you need kinda like the all purpose farming tool from that farming isekai

Users who are viewing this thread