Isekai de Slow Life wo (Ganbou) - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Agreement

Fed-Kun's army
I'm still wondering how he plans to increase his level. I mean, the money he summons is proportionate to his level right? If it's 1 silver coin at level 1, does that become 10 silver coins at level 10? Or is the conversion in this world 10 silver = 1 gold coin? I can't imagine his skill being any useful if it only goes to 1 gold coin at level 100. Either way, how does he even plan to level up if he won't farm monsters? We don't even know if alchemy increases it.

This feels like win more skill which can be kind of pointless. Since if its scale with his wealth then that would mean by the time the skill generate a lot of money he would already has tons of it already. While with lv other skill potentially be able to create more money like high lv alchemy creating rare potion. The only good is if you want to totally laze around and do nothing productive after getting the pocket money generate enough money for your lifestyle

He does realize that the more money there are in circulation the less they are worth right? Or does it not work the same way with medieval coinage that's made of precious metal?

This series is pretty good. 😄
Hayato is sort of in love with Itsuki.

@BagusOkta
gold and silver are materials that have real value.
The problem would rather be with too many copper coins, or worse if he used gold coins and silver coins to buy the copper coins and keep them to himself, it would block the local economy

In addition it is not a few coins that will have an effect on the complete system, especially in the middle ages

There is a lot of physical money sleeping in these periods, at worst it will have the same economic effect as preparation for a war (moment when the lord spends a lot of money on equipment, resources, mercenaries, .. .)
This kind of big appearance of money had a very positive effect on the local economy.
It is when there are not enough resources to buy that it could pose a problem
in this case there will be too much money and it will lose its value

Let's say he has a lot of money to spend, having a house built will create the value of the money he will give to the workers
Buy an unused one and the money will be spent by the former owners, you will make repairs, modifications, ..

Our system works on the creation of value through human work, so the work and the appearance of money must be fair.
A kingdom that does not create enough money will see the value of his money increase, but it will only be locally
This kind of fluctuation is normal, but it was not really seen in our middle ages, because most people didn't even use money and the information was not traveling very fast

@Gauvain
Wow, that was a big one. Great explanation! Now i even more interested in how economics could be managed in fantasy world to maintain the balance

@junonlee3 wait is that actually true? That would elevate this manga somewhat. Especially if the MC feels the same way lol
That would make it so much more funnier especially since he seems to be the type to be conflicted about it.

Yeah but... didn't he just get 1,000,000 in the local currency from the girls selling themselves? Isn't his pocket change power kinda a drop in the ocean at this point?

Dex-chan lover
No. They sold themselves into slavery BECAUSE they couldn't afford it and so they are working off their debt. No money was actually involved, it was just a trade of equivalent vale. @RubyBoule

Also side note-but is anyone else bothered by him not buying the girl at the manor? Seems like that's what the story was leading up to and I feel like she would be more helpful than the wolfgirl who repeatedly just tries to hurt him at any opportunity...

@Gauvain @Engylizium @Jake1456 go read Spice and Wolf. Isuna Hasekura really know how money should work in a medieval fantasy setting. Off the top of my head:

The raw materials to make a gold/silver coins are not necessarily of 100% purity. Coin issuers can get away with 80% silver 20% lead. (We don't even have pure gold today by the way, only the like of 9999). The impurity content can also change over time. So the value of a coin can be much higher than the raw material.

Different countries/regions can use different type of coins, and the exchange value of each depends on the credibility of the issuers. (You don't want to hoard coins of a failing country)

Availability can also plays a role in determining exchange value. For example, every small business needs small copper coins to give changes, or else you have no business. They are willing to exchange bigger coins to copper at a lower rate.

So on and so forth...

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the update...
*the wolf brat should just like butt the fuck out lol

@Yanagi
Thank you, i will read!

It is clear that the purity of the metal was not perfect, that's why there were already experts at the time who estimated the value of money compared to the purity of the materials.
and at worst it was enough to melt the coins.
And the source of this money from a country with a recognized economy was more important for merchants, that's why even nowadays some money is used more than others for commerce.

Besides, there was the ingot system which was very easy to control, because sometimes it was managed by a neutral country of trust

As far as coins are concerned, it is true that there is a special gold/silver exchange for these coins, with values higher than the price of gold and silver
Maybe sometimes lower, but I doubt it, because even if of lower quality, the historical value in general allows at least to catch up on the loss of quality

@Engylizium
The big variable is the concept of adventurer and also the fact that it happens generally in cities.
One day I would like to write an LN and create a real and logical world
that's why I read so much, to see the errors of the authors and manga artists.

it makes me laugh when I see impossible architecture,
weapons / armor that would not be usable, paper with quests on it while the people are not educated to read and that paper is a very expensive resource
But above all it makes you think, think about how to have a system that really works
I also see the scenarios that are always used and it will surely save me from doing the same as the others
And I see myself promoting my country (or just different things that I find better even if it's in a country that I don't like), because there is only for Japan and its culture, which is great, but...
it's boring and in addition they have a lot of things not well in their culture and there are no more people to talk about it..., patriots

@Gauvain
Well, i agree with you. We must take better parts of something to create something even better and bigger (I wish i could create country from scratch lol)
Also i look at this as theretical game developer (because, well, i love games, but it's difficult to make one with great world) to gather information, ideas a stuff

@Engylizium
I would have dreamed of making a great game, I imagined several games,
but I know that I will never be in the profession, I have "professional" projects more simple and close to nature

I like games, I like reading stories in game worlds, but I don't want to write one, because it's very complicated as a world building (the game part, balancing classes, ..)
and it's hard to make a fair story and be in the level of logic that I would like to write

That's why I want to write and draw, it's in my ability, but not in English because I don't have the level of writing and I'm not trying to improve.
In French I could more easily express myself

There is an interesting youtuber on the subject of world building, ideas, logic,... , it is "Shadiversity"

Users who are viewing this thread