Isekai de Te ni Ireta Seisan Skill wa Saikyou datta You desu ~Souzou & Kiyou no W Chiuto de Musou Suru~ - Ch. 39 - I Tried Fighting Against the Pirat…

Dex-chan lover
Kinda funny how so many fantasy stories treat orichalcum as some kinda magical, all powerful metal. Yet, in our reality, it's really just copper. Or alloys of it such as bronze and brass.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda funny how so many fantasy stories treat orichalcum as some kinda magical, all powerful metal. Yet, in our reality, it's really just copper. Or alloys of it such as bronze and brass.
It's mostly just because of the association with Atlantis, is my guess. But, I mean, modern fantasy tends to do the same to Tolkien's mithril, which is basically just titanium.

Supporter
The main thing is that it sounds tough.

And and first I thought that this might be an axe that he made out of the Yggdrasil Branches that he made out of the Devil Treant materials he got in chapter 21...But I think it's actually the axe he made all the way back at the beginning of chapter 1 that he broke a rock with by throwing it at it.

Dex-chan lover
The prime example of "ignorance is a weakness". The poor dudes didn't even realize that the guy was using them as pawns and sending them to get beaten up just so Kou could get tired and allow him an "easy win"....I really pity them.
Anyway, this trash already exceeded his screentime limit, so it's time to disappear into oblivion, never to be remembered

It's considered all powerful because in fantasy stories, orichalcum is considered to be a metal from the lands of the gods. It's usually a "divine" metal, harder and lighter than any other metal and with higher magical properties. Basically, it's super copper, better than diamond (or adamantite in fantasy) that can stand humongous mana, divine/holy power or "demonic" power.
Tbh, I feel like this is kinda the "best" explaination of metals in fantasy I've read recently

Dex-chan lover
HE KILLED A DRAGON BY HIMSELF, THAT MEANS IF WE GANG HIM UP WE WIN fuck off man you cannot be that retarded

Dex-chan lover
of course MC still won't kill these guys, he showed them mercy last time and they only because even more evil and now they are literally trying to use a super weapon to nuke innocent cities if they don't submit...

Dex-chan lover
You've got to imagine, at least one of these goobers must have realized that Dox just sent them to be a distraction/to die.

HE KILLED A DRAGON BY HIMSELF, THAT MEANS IF WE GANG HIM UP WE WIN fuck off man you cannot be that retarded
9GLxbA6.png

Supporter
of course MC still won't kill these guys, he showed them mercy last time and they only because even more evil and now they are literally trying to use a super weapon to nuke innocent cities if they don't submit...
I'm sure they'll repent after the second time :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
What's up with those magitech ships in manga all looking so damn awful? Looks like what a French Pre-Dreadnought would look at and laugh at how badly designed it was.

Dex-chan lover
The warship on page 8 makes anything you could ever design in Waves of Steel look sane and normal by comparison. And that's saying something!

Dex-chan lover
Why destroy the ships? Don't you need them to fight calamities?

Users who are viewing this thread