Isekai de Tochi o Katte Noujou o Tsukurou - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
@Hezkezl

Yeah, its kind of sad how all 3 of them get sent to jail if you think about it.

The plague girl is actually 100% right, but her methods are crude.
Bacteria and viruses are the cause of some, but not all illnesses and can somewhat easily be proved by creating a crude microscope. ( this is actually pretty easy if you know how )
The blood infusion is also true, but it only works if you have the same blood type...something they clearly know nothing about.
She would have been of great value for medical science to her country.

The royal guard who punched a noble simply is too hotheaded and devoted to the royalty.
her only flaw is that she can't control her temper and is likely a really good bodyguard otherwise.

As for the ice witch, she might be slightly imperialistic and an extreme patriot but she honestly isn't even a criminal. ( yet anyway )
She honestly didn't actually do anything wrong, sure she was effectively trying to research a weapon of mass destruction, like a nuclear bomb.
But as long as you keep an eye on her, the research would likely have been of value for magicians.
The reason she got locked up is that everyone else was afraid she would succeed and use it to start a war with their neutral allies, not because she actually did something illegal.
Assuming that kind of research isn't illegal in the first place, kind of how human cloning research is illegal unless certain permission is granted.

Double-page supporter
I can't wait until Kidan confirms Garra Rufa's theories, but also informs her about what she's missing, and then Garra Rufa becomes enamored with him, making this into the start of a Harem manga.

@Goldenzeal Yes, but, from my point of view the ice witch is evil. She's not just investigating the global mana current, but actively making plans to turn it into a doomsday weapon with the intent to use it. That's some Final Fantasy villain plot right there.

Garra Rufa's not *evil* but her plans were not fully informed, and it looks like she was trying to go to clinical trials without testing first.

Royal Guard's just an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
@vocalmagic

Oh for sure, i totally agree with ya.
I also look forward to Garra ( and even the prince ) learning that her crazy theories are correct.
The knight is probably going to challenge the MC to a duel to test if he is worthy of the princess too if I know my cliches right.

That said we don´t know the motivation for the ice witch wanting to make the leylines/mana currents or whatever into a doomsday weapon.
We only have the princes word on it as, unlike Garra she never said anything. not to mention evil is subjective.
This is my personal opinion ofc, but It's possible she just wants to do it for the sake of her kingdom to end the war.
Until we do, it's not really fair to say she is truly evil. ( Not to mention this story has been far too happy to lucky for a complete maniac who has no regards for life to be an main character )

Doing evil things can make you evil, but the reason is just as important as the methods.
If you have good intentions and do evil for a good cause you would be a vigilante or an anti-hero at worst.
if you kill 100 people in a war, you are a hero to your own people and a menace to your enemies.
if you kill 10.000 people by dropping a bomb on them to stop a war, the other side is going to think you are a monster.
While your own people would, at worst dislike your methods but not the results.
But again, this is all up to personal opinions and how you define "evil" as it doesn't really have a super clear cut definition...

Dex-chan lover
maxresdefault.jpg

so dig into the webnovel machine translation really quick (not full reading, just ctrl+f searching name and events), and i think the harem tag is misplace
[ol]the cold witch puffa i think is her name, actually marry later with the mermaid prince, so 1 less harem material[/ol][ol]MC and platy have a son (not sure if adopted or what) but they are planning to have an actually weeding party, check vol8 cover
V8-0.png
[/ol][ol]The dragon loli only want the food lol[/ol] So yeah, idk about this "Harem" so if its really go into harem it will be the most forced harem ever

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I’m not really understanding why the pharmacist is in jail. I get that her ideas were outrageous sounding for the time period, but that’s literally how every new innovation and advancement in a field sounds to people. Also, I imagine she didn’t just wake up one day and think “Oh there’s probably tiny lifeforms on people” or “oh living things can gain immunity to some diseases”. She had to have done tons of extensive research and observations and noted all of her findings (because that’s what researchers and scientists do). I imagine she made a crude microscope (or replicated the principle using fantasy magic) which would allow ANYONE to SEE bacteria. The immunity especially would have been something that pretty much anyone could observe over enough time (and there would be tons of historical records backing it up). After a while, certain deadly diseases aren’t an issue anymore, but when you come into contact with new races or diseases, what was not deadly to you (or to them) becomes deadly to them (or to you). And really a basic level civilization wouldn’t throw someone in jail for offering an expansive of knowledge that would largely benefit everyone if more research was done and they better understood it (and again it’s not like she was raving about some dangerous revelation that just popped in her head, if she had loads of evidence they’d have to be idiots to dismiss her claims). Plus aside from the blood treatment, none of her findings could be dangerous in anyway (and then the blood treatment would only be dangerous if they didn’t do more research and testing into it).

This really just feels like an advisory warning on how bad of a civilization the merfolk have and likely they are to never advance. They just label everyone making advancements in impactful fields and being innovative and inventive a witch and throw them in jail? Aside from the one extremists the royal guard should have just been demoted (not like she killed anyone, and generally speaking talking to Royalty that way in any monarchy was a good way to get your head cut off; even today in democratic systems openly speaking that way to figures of authority is problematic because it lowers the authority figures reputation which could cause chaos (hell, I got in trouble for talking back to my teacher; yes she went too far, but it’s not like he didn’t deserve “a” punishment. Instead sending her to jail is just a waste of loyal and skilled resources (the better answer would be for her to get demoted, receive a paye penalty, and get better training to restrain herself))).

@TNT261 Take note that Galileo was thrown in prison because he claimed that the Earth orbited the sun, and the moon orbited the Earth. The merfolk are most likely the same, so any scientific beliefs that went against the church or whatever are going to be silenced.

Dex-chan lover
ok i like how they still bring in the skeleton king every once in a while, he's my fav characters

Dex-chan lover
So a freak mage, a biologist, and a diehard guard are introduced here as Witches? Hardly what we call "witches". Just dedicated women.

Dex-chan lover
I’m very excited to see what the biologist can do with MCs human knowledge. Hopefully they’ll listen to him now that they know he is basically god

@jimmyclear that seems to be historically accurate

Users who are viewing this thread