Isekai Demo Bunan ni Ikitai Shoukougun - Ch. 16

Is an archbishop that weak and poor to not afford mental defense items or magical defense? In a fantasy world with magic and actual holy magic, I would think an archbishop would either be a great magician or have enough funds to protect themselves with magical items. I mean religions are known for backstabbing among the upper ranks to snatch the positions of pope, cardinal, and archbishop.

with an archbishop that fat, its likely nepotism and bribery is involved in his ascension, and therefore, his character and abilities would be subpar at best. (See Medieval popes such as Benedict the IX)

That moment when you don’t get hit with the charm magic and wish that it actually worked

Dex-chan lover
seems like the archbishop isn't malicious at least. Couldn't really say if getting brainwashed is a sign of incompetence or of how skilled the manipulator is.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmm yes the method to increase once mana the good old “mana transfer” sadly the Nun has no experience in transferring mana.

Group Leader
@jamesraylee Before the MC arrived in the world the giant slime in Chapter 1 killed the Black Demon Lord that was sealed in that mountain, evolved, and became the Apex Predator of the mountain.

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't him saying "I'll help you search for the book" be a detectable lie if he doesn't actually have any intent of doing so?

@Salfaro: perhaps another half-truth? not sure what the raws say, but “i will help
you search for it” is different from “i will help you find it”.

Dex-chan lover
@Salfaro
Not necessarily. Because there is no time limit stated, nor a start or end date, he technically could consider 1 second to be "helping" her. Also, it isn't a truth or lie statement that is based on facts, it is a promise of action, which isn't really binding him to anything because it was made purely out of "good will" as there was no contract or trade to enforce the agreement. Also helping her search is very subjective. Is he helping her search to find the book, or helping her search for the book in order to misguide her so that she never finds it. So it would at best be only as half lie, which would make it undetectable.

Users who are viewing this thread