Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 79 - Hiyashi Chuka

Dex-chan lover
On the first page it should be his 'favorite' Asparagus.

At least I don't think anyone call their favorite food as 'prized'?

Group Leader
Thank you for the translation! It's very nice to see Izakaya Nobu updated, I really love the manga, and decided to reread it again since your first update.

One question though, on page 33, Eva said "Hugo was very persuasive" isn't it Lonbaudt who was persuasive?

Dex-chan lover
Glasses are really versatile.

First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!" That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. We really need glasses to become a thing in Aitheria. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?

Group Leader
Glasses are really versatile.

First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!" That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. We really need glasses to become a thing in Aitheria. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?
Okay, we get it, you got glasses fetish.

Dex-chan lover
That note made me very curious about hiyashi chuka; maybe one of these days, I'll try to cook one myself.

Dex-chan lover
god damn. This is a daily upload pretty much. For at least a month.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Always appreciate the translator's notes.

Regarding tare, I worked in a Japanese restaurant for a few years and we used taremiso, shio and shoyu—as a base for our ramen broths; we'd add a small ladle of tare to a bowl, a liquid fat (either in the form of melted butter, melted chicken fat, or, for mayu tonkotsu ramen, mayu), then pour on either an 7 hour vegetable broth, an 8 hour chicken broth, or a 18 hour tonkotsu broth, so I think tare may be thick dipping sauce that can be diluted for other purposes.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation, now that dungeon meshi have concluded, having one of the slumbering title on food based shenanigans revived fills my heart with warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread