Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 82 - Tempura and One Drawing

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation, and the very educational TN.

Also, I think there might be a typo in the last speech bubble in the meme page; unless I'm missing something, "I gotta tell all by boys" contains a diction error.

Supporter
Dude you're the GOAT translating this GOATED cooking manga at such a rapid pace. I've been finding myself checking my Updates 2-3 times a day to see if a new Nobu dropped.

That said, don't worry if you have to slow the pace down. As long as you let us know that it's gonna be once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month, I don't mind waiting that long for chapters.

Onto the chapter, I love how despite being episodic and slice of life, there is undeniable progression in the story. The waterway they are talking about is the very one being discussed in chapter 61.

Also this Loumbaldt dude is pretty cool. He definitely is arrogant and has an ego, but is quick to change his mind when presented with evidence opposing his views. Although I was hoping by now he would stop underestimating the people of Aitheria. Most likely his firm is going to be the way in which soy beans and soy sauce get shipped to the city from Celtia, probably through the new waterway.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Gosh, I feel spoilt having so many chapters come out so quickly

Dex-chan lover
Just a further explanation for the noble rankings.

Generally speaking, Margraves/Marquis were on the "marches" or the frontiers of a country. They can be ranked below a Duke but given how far they are from the capital they are generally granted much more power and freedom compared to a Duke. It's also a rank usually given to explicitly trusted nobles or direct lines to the ruling family.

During wartimes, they were expected to fend off the enemy first, and in some cases could even begin an invasion themselves to capture and hold land.

If anyone wants to dive deeper just going through the wikipedia pages on this could take a good couple hours, and that's not crosschecking with alternate or specialized sources.

Dex-chan lover
Just a further explanation for the noble rankings.

Generally speaking, Margraves/Marquis were on the "marches" or the frontiers of a country. They can be ranked below a Duke but given how far they are from the capital they are generally granted much more power and freedom compared to a Duke. It's also a rank usually given to explicitly trusted nobles or direct lines to the ruling family.

During wartimes, they were expected to fend off the enemy first, and in some cases could even begin an invasion themselves to capture and hold land.

If anyone wants to dive deeper just going through the wikipedia pages on this could take a good couple hours, and that's not crosschecking with alternate or specialized sources.
I always wondered why Marquises felt like they could act so liberally across so many stories to the point of being feeling extremely privileged. Being given this kind of responsibility and power at the establishment of their family's rank, and subsequent influence as a result explains much.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translation, and the very educational TN.

Also, I think there might be a typo in the last speech bubble in the meme page; unless I'm missing something, "I gotta tell all by boys" contains a diction error.
Thanks. It's been fixed.
Dude you're the GOAT translating this GOATED cooking manga at such a rapid pace. I've been finding myself checking my Updates 2-3 times a day to see if a new Nobu dropped.

That said, don't worry if you have to slow the pace down. As long as you let us know that it's gonna be once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month, I don't mind waiting that long for chapters.
For now, I take about a few hours to translate the raw and I'll start typesetting the day after. This chapter was more text-heavy than the others, so it took about 3-4 days total, but shorter or less text-heavy chapters take me about 2-3 days. I'm hoping to be able to keep this pace up until I catch up to the current book, but knowing myself, that might not happen. Still, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated in the TNs as we move forward.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for another wonderful chapter! You've been pumping these out at a very nice pace and it's been soothing my soul~ Great work as always and much appreciated!
That said, if you ever have to slow down on updates for whatever reason, don't worry about it. You've been putting out the lack of chapters here for us pretty regularly now. We went without the manga here for a year and thought no one was going to take this up anymore; so do what you need to do, we lasted a year, we can handle a couple of weeks.

(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

Dex-chan lover
The fried food line make a little more sense if you consider that he recognized it's a fried item, but that the batter looks a bit different so he's just giving impression of 'this seem similar to this other thing'

You can probably get away leaving it as 'fritte'. Not like it's the first time the series, or you for that matter, leave the term in the other language (black pepper in this chapter, there's also schnitzel vs tonkatsu earlier in the series for food)

Dex-chan lover
"Furittaa" or "furitto" is what the Japanese call the Western food coated in batter and fried, which can be perceived as "Western tempura" from the Japanese point of view.

The words probably come from "fritar" (fry) and "frito" (fried) in Portuguese, similarly to how "tempura" came from "tempera" (to spice) or "têmpora" (ember days).

Dex-chan lover
aand another wholesome nobu chapter and good translation as well , with a rapid update
seriously , many thanks.

Aggregator gang
To me as a German native speaker, it would sound more natural to use the plural for "fritten", because that's what we say when we're talking about the food in general. "These are fried... like fritten?"

One single fritte (aka one french fry) would also be a little bit meager.

Well that's just my personal bias. Thank you for taking the effort to do all this research. The translation is really great.

Thanks for your hard work.
I think fritte means fritters, breadded or battered foods often pan fried or deep fried. As in something like ebi-fry instead of shrimp tempura.

Users who are viewing this thread