Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 90 - Taste of Memories

Dex-chan lover
Why does his son-in-law look more like his son than an unrelated person. ...C-can it be... Alabama? 😏

Dex-chan lover
(I'm totaaally not holding a grudge against a character in another series for doing this to the MC....no but like I am. I'm holding a big grudge. He involved her in an affair w/o her knowledge and then called her homey and like WHITE RICE after publicly humiliating her and I hope for karma for the damn jerk in story).
You can't just come in here, drop this piece of information, refuse to give the manga's name and leave :qq:

Dex-chan lover
My man Yoda be like “I’m mindful of the surrounding so I won’t mention The Door in front of your crew”
Also Yoda (?): strode in broad daylight

Group Leader
This was something from last chapter too, but the word "homely" means unattractive and unappealing. I think you are meaning the word "homey" which is a feeling of home or being cozy and comfortable. Its really baffling to me tossing a "L" into the word makes it immediately be a bad thing to what you are describing.
Wait, really? "Homely" means that?!
Man, English makes no sense quite lot of the time!

Dex-chan lover
Something else that occurred to me, since Yoda-san has been gone for...twenty years, they said? He could and most likely has been declared legally dead. If someone recognized him, or if he wound up using any old ID's, he may have been questioned about where he's been.

Dex-chan lover
Homely has opposite different meanings.

It means being cozy/comfortable like when you're at home.
It means it's plain and not fancy like other stuff, cuz it's home.

It can be both positive or negative. It's all up to context.

Thanks so much for picking up this series! I love your work on Bard Loen too!

I also love how you guys give insight on your translations or any interesting tidbits like the name stuff for this chapter.

Keep up the great work!

Dex-chan lover
went from some backwater monk clothes into business suit lol

Fed-Kun's army
This was something from last chapter too, but the word "homely" means unattractive and unappealing. I think you are meaning the word "homey" which is a feeling of home or being cozy and comfortable. Its really baffling to me tossing a "L" into the word makes it immediately be a bad thing to what you are describing.
This is somethingly of a modern misnomer. It DOES, in modern parlance, mean that. It ALSO meanes a home-y environment. Its one of those things where context matters everything.

Double-page supporter
He's in different region that might not tolerate someone getting along with not-god supernaturals, that's why he's not sure if he should bring the story up in fear of getting inquisition'd.
I mean he don't have to mention the woo woo magic stuff. Just play the customer card. Saying something like "My acquaintance told me he wanted to visit [Nobu], has he been here yet?" should be fine.

Dex-chan lover
The definition of "homely" depends on which country you're from

Dex-chan lover
I mean he don't have to mention the woo woo magic stuff. Just play the customer card. Saying something like "My acquaintance told me he wanted to visit [Nobu], has he been here yet?" should be fine.

Then you'd get asked for more information since wanting to visit Nobu to eat isn't exactly unique enough reason to identify someone (in fact many of Nobu's regulars would qualify as 'acquantance who want to visit Nobu' from this stranger)

Users who are viewing this thread