Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 90 - Taste of Memories

This was something from last chapter too, but the word "homely" means unattractive and unappealing. I think you are meaning the word "homey" which is a feeling of home or being cozy and comfortable. Its really baffling to me tossing a "L" into the word makes it immediately be a bad thing to what you are describing.

Aggregator gang
That’s most likely him, which makes me relieved because I really thought they were gonna leave off on this chapter with him still being missing

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for another quick update!

Bro, just ask. You think too much. “Have you seen an old man with black hair?” If they think you are crazy then just disappear and never come back to the town.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This was something from last chapter too, but the word "homely" means unattractive and unappealing. I think you are meaning the word "homey" which is a feeling of home or being cozy and comfortable. Its really baffling to me tossing a "L" into the word makes it immediately be a bad thing to what you are describing.
Actually "homely" can also mean cozy/comfortable, you can check for yourself if you look it up in a dictionary

Dex-chan lover
is it ? I always read it as having 2 different sense:
  • feels like home
  • a statement to not offend the decrepit/rural house of someone else.

Dex-chan lover
Actually "homely" can also mean cozy/comfortable, you can check for yourself if you look it up in a dictionary
From Dictionary.com

homely​

[ hohm-lee ]
Phonetic (Standard)IPA

adjective​

, home·li·er, home·li·est.
  1. lacking in physical attractiveness; not beautiful; unattractive:
    a homely child.
  2. not having elegance, refinement, or cultivation.
  3. proper or suited to the home or to ordinary domestic life; plain; unpretentious:
    homely food.
  4. commonly seen or known.

Dex-chan lover
It can technically mean both at once, the reason it's considered an insult is it's basically calling someone plain or unremarkable.

(From dictionary.cambridge.org)

"UK. (US homey) plain or ordinary, but pleasant: The hotel was homely and comfortable."

UK is seems to apply more so to environments, but commonly for USA usage it can be applied to people as a low key but really horribly mean insult.

(I'm totaaally not holding a grudge against a character in another series for doing this to the MC....no but like I am. I'm holding a big grudge. He involved her in an affair w/o her knowledge and then called her homey and like WHITE RICE after publicly humiliating her and I hope for karma for the damn jerk in story).

But yeah, tl;Dr: both uses are correct depending on context.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for another quick update!

Bro, just ask. You think too much. “Have you seen an old man with black hair?” If they thought you are crazy then just disappear and never come back to the town.

He's in different region that might not tolerate someone getting along with not-god supernaturals, that's why he's not sure if he should bring the story up in fear of getting inquisition'd.

I JUST NOTICED THE COVER TODAY WHO ARE THOSE PPL SUPPOSED TO BE?!

they're the 'main characters' for the next big arc

Patricia - a girl with 'god's tongue' (similar to Shinobu)
Simon - have a crush on Patricia
And the chef in front is Rubic Jr.
They're from a renowned "Four-winged Lion" restaurant.

The arc is mostly centered around Rubic Jr's issue, and yes he'll visit Nobu.

Dex-chan lover
So it's a daily thing, damn the suspense is bigger than my will to live, See ya tomorrow lads

Users who are viewing this thread