Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - Mushroom Ajillo

Fed-Kun's army
also garlic are generally considered heavy smell for japanese and females there avoid eating them as a result. so there's a big chance that shinobu is doing the same

Dex-chan lover
so uh...what's an Ajillo again?

@imkyo dunno. maybe because garlic breath is dangerous. maybe because too much garlic can actually make you really sick (can personally attest to this). maybe because she doesn't like garlic.

pudding and beer? is that good?

@Ryoto yep! i see that all the time when i'm consuming japanese media. it was also featured on wakakozake! she didn't have work the next day so she ate a bunch of garlic!

@imkyo dont know if its a thing in Japan as well, but here where I live, the norm at hotel/fancy restaurants is that service staffs are discouraged from consuming garlic because of the smell.. (not just garlic, other strong smelling food as well)

maybe something along that line in play here..

Thanks for the update! Always happy to read this one again

Dex-chan lover
Was that a canned mushroom? the button mushroom?
What i know is that it is artificially created and the witch should not know that this mushroom exist naturally in their world...

Hmmm...

Spaghetti Aglio Olio without garlic ? Aglio literally means garlic in Italian. I am disappointed with Shinobu

@architeus
I don't think that's because Shinobu hates garlic. It's just that in the service industry, in Asia, and especially Japan, when your job requires you to interact with the customer, you have food like garlic or durian or stinky tofu or any food that gives a very strong and lingering smell in your mouth. Since she really wants to eat it, she has no choice but to eat it without garlic.

Users who are viewing this thread