Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - Mushroom Ajillo

Double-page supporter
A mushroom ajillo without garlic is merely sautéed or confit mushrooms. Not saying it's not tasty, but you can't call it that way.

Dex-chan lover
Who is deacon? A bit lazy to reread

Also Shinobu is so cute on the last page. And if I live at medieval age I also won't eat mushroom it's too mysterious

Thank you for the update! ❤️
yes, it's nearing the 'tall one' & 'short one' reunion part
I want to re-read the whole novel again 😣

how to cook ajillo without garlic?

it doesn't make sense Ajillo comes from garlic in spanish
Spanish:ajo,Ajillo.

Dex-chan lover
@IrregularPerson
As someone who cooks with mushroom often, I can verify that, yes, they can spoil rather quickly. If you know what you're doing, you might be able to put it into the fridge for a week or two. Otherwise, you'll have to use it quickly.

No one asked, but I used my mushroom for soup, kebab, burrito, or just stir-fry it with tofu and chicken. Just in case you encountered a similar problem to Taisho here...

Dex-chan lover
oh she's the "tall one" huh?

man I love all of the characters with all of my heart
and I always get hungry reading this, thanks for chapter!

Aggregator gang
Ah, so that's why that one religious figure is going witch hunting. Looking for an old friend.

The inky cap, aka tippler’s bane, Coprinopsis atramentaria, is a real mushroom that causes nausea and vomiting when eaten with alcohol. It’s a delicious edible mushroom otherwise.

@dextersTomato - button mushrooms or champignons exist in the wild as well. The domesticated types aren’t different from the wild type; they are all Agaricus bisporus.

All that said, readers, unless you’re experienced or have the help of an experienced mushroom hunter, please don’t pick and eat a wild mushroom because it looks like an mushroom you’ve seen in stores...

Aggregator gang
I always look forward to an update from this manga, thank you so much 💕

Dex-chan lover
@JackRipper225
I don't really have any specific recipes since I mostly just play it by ear, but I always stir-fry my mushroom and tofu with some oyster sauce and then top it off with some caramelized onions. If I'm cooking for a vegan or if I have a vegan guest (or if I'm short on money...), I just use some ordinary soy sauce instead, sometimes even a mushroom-based soy sauce just to be sure. On a note about tofu, try NOT to get silken ones for stir-fry. Get firmer ones, they can handle the heat better. You can try to stir-fry silken tofu, just...don't blame me if you don't like it.

...speaking of mushrooms, mushroom wine is a real thing and not some made-up videogame food. Try it out when you have the chance.

Aggregator gang
Is Shinobu allergic to garlic? I'm going to guess that the one of the three missing chapters explains it.

@reunsigned
She's not. It's common in the service industry, or at least in Japan or SEA, that you don't eat garlic or any food that has a lingering smell on your mouth. Since your job is interacting with the customer, you don't want your breath to have a pungent smell. That's why Shinobu can't eat it because she's still working.

Users who are viewing this thread