Isekai Kaeri no Daikenja-sama wa Sore Demo Kossori Kurashite Iru Tsumori desu - Vol. 7 Ch. 29 - The End of the Dream

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone tell me why Kein is suddenly supposed to not be a bad person? Like I havent reread this so my memory is probably failing me but he hasnt really done anything for any sort of redemption right?
He's not redeemed, more so understood. His village was killed by the former hero and thinking that Kein was a human, "saved" him. He undertook this quest and title of being the next hero in order to exact revenge, both from the Hero's kingdom and the former demon lord because he didn't save his village.

Kein becomes a bit more sympathetic because his goal wasn't just purely revenge, but to become the next demon lord so that what he went through wouldn't be experienced by any other demon kin.

Dex-chan lover
q34HrES.png

:ROFLMAO:
also that last page damn he got destroyed

Dex-chan lover
From what I recall, Kein was actually raised by demons, and not humans, with the latter killing some of those that raised him, so there's that.
True and i remember that, but it doesn't make him less bad, he literally doesn't hesitate to take his own wife eyes for power and tried to wipe humanity from the world for the sake of the demons despite knowing that not every human are like what he thinks they are

He literally betrayed the wizard and the knight in the party first as well after MC left the other world (dude even planned to kill MC as well in the beginning, but he realized he couldn't because MC didn't even get exhausted when they fought the previous demon king)

Dex-chan lover
Well, this entire arc was just bullshit imo. Felt like mangaka just randomly threw in new things one after another just to keep escalating the scales. And kept on writing mc into wins that he shouldn't have gotten, only to then instantly turn him into underdog again somehow.
it's not like he's no longer a bad person, he still is a bad person but just understandable in a way why he wants to do what he did and planning to do even though it's stupid and during the fight with the supposed "God", MC and Kein just happen to have common goal and enemy and they're still former comrade after all
kein's wife isn't a bad person though, well, not exactly, the wizard isn't a bad person either

tbh, this title story somehow feels complicated even though it's not supposed to be
And why did the saint suddenly love him? I thought she loved mc when he left that world, and had assumed her marriage to kein was compulsory somehow?

Dex-chan lover
And why did the saint suddenly love him? I thought she loved mc when he left that world, and had assumed her marriage to kein was compulsory somehow?
And this is exactly why i said that this manga is somehow more complicated than how it seems even though it isn't, and the translation of this series and this series itself being monthly doesn't help

If you forgot, early chapters, iirc ch.1 i think? the saint and the wizard did fell in love with MC, but MC is as dense as a diamond, that's why they ended up with the other dudes in the party instead, the saint with kein and wizard with the knight, their love wasn't reciprocated so they went for other option, at the very least, this one make sense, it wasn't sudden at all

Kein also didn't exactly just betrayed the party 5 sec. after MC entered the door to go back to his original world, Kein and the saint ended up getting married first before he took her eyes and betrayed the party, and the saint herself isn't exactly really against the idea since Kein told her what his plan are

tbh, i made a comment about this manga before on other chapters that this manga isn't bad, isn't amazing either, just good enough, but it's hard to read because the feeling this manga makes the reader feel are somehow annoyance and frustration in some way, the vibe of this series is just weird imo, the pacing and all the stuff thrown into the story made it even worse

Dex-chan lover
And this is exactly why i said that this manga is somehow more complicated than how it seems even though it isn't, and the translation of this series and this series itself being monthly doesn't help

If you forgot, early chapters, iirc ch.1 i think? the saint and the wizard did fell in love with MC, but MC is as dense as a diamond, that's why they ended up with the other dudes in the party instead, the saint with kein and wizard with the knight, their love wasn't reciprocated so they went for other option, at the very least, this one make sense, it wasn't sudden at all

Kein also didn't exactly just betrayed the party 5 sec. after MC entered the door to go back to his original world, Kein and the saint ended up getting married first before he took her eyes and betrayed the party, and the saint herself isn't exactly really against the idea since Kein told her what his plan are

tbh, i made a comment about this manga before on other chapters that this manga isn't bad, isn't amazing either, just good enough, but it's hard to read because the feeling this manga makes the reader feel are somehow annoyance and frustration in some way, the vibe of this series is just weird imo, the pacing and all the stuff thrown into the story made it even worse
yeah i dont know if its an original manga or just another adaption(i didnt check but iirc its an adaption), but the pacing/storytelling has been a mess. It's like if we imagine this whole thing as a novel it'd make more sense.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this entire arc was just bullshit imo. Felt like mangaka just randomly threw in new things one after another just to keep escalating the scales. And kept on writing mc into wins that he shouldn't have gotten, only to then instantly turn him into underdog again somehow.

storytelling is a big ass mess. Both girls in the party had feelings for him at the beginning but yes hes a dense nut so they didnt wait for him(somehow its a gag/comedic reason for why the hero Kein kicked his ass back to his world).
Kain is definitely a bad guy, but we supposed to sympathize for him because of his background, which was terribly explained. That was supposed to turn him into an anti-hero(lol), because his noble ends justify the means somehow again.
Scaling is definitely kinda bad, the logic behind battles are inconsistently scaled up and down with the buffs he got. Kate is extremely OP and hes definitely killing some divine beasts somehow x3 lol

Users who are viewing this thread