Isekai Kaeri no Ossan wa, Fusei Sukiru de Fathercon Musume-tachi o Tororori ni - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Double-page supporter
there are plenty of good free fonts for scanlation, im gonna abuse my docs access as a proofreader to leak some top secret Shit Scans info here (nobody tell vani or tara <3)

this is one of our font tables
SpeechAnime Ace 2
ThoughtsAnime Ace 2 Italic
NarrationArgone
ShoutsCC ShoutOut Bold
Notes/Small TextDigitalStrip

and another one just to give some more options/suggestions
SpeechCCVictorySpeech (leading 110%)
NarrationKomika Text (faux bold, faux caps, leading 100%)
ShoutsAwesome Sauce (leading 95%)
SpellsDwarvenAxe BB (leading 95%)
Small TextCCGabrielBautista Lito (horizontal scale 70%)
NotesDigitalStrip (leading 100%)
TitlesCentury Schoolbook

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think you're missing the point. It's all well and good if you think this manga is a joke in and of itself, but what I don't understand is why you would intentionally want the translator to go through the effort of translating and typesetting an entire manga while not putting the bare minimum effort towards choosing a font that is normally used for manga translations (like 90% the translations on this website manage to do). Even if you think the whole premise of this manga is complete joke that doesn't mean the translation of it should be too.

The people who translate hentai don't even use comic sans, despite everybody just jerking off to the pictures.
What's funnier is that I have no idea what you're on about, I said I "wish" they do that just to respond to your take on the font with how you phrasing it as if you're better than everyone here (at least that's how I see it), I never said I "want" them to do so, or even "intentionally", ALSO no one said anything, nor implying about using comic sans to translate in a manga counts as a "joke" like you stated.

Your example at the end is just as confusing to me, who tf care if they use comic sans to tl hentai in the first place and no one would even comment about it since "everybody just jerking off to the pictures." like you said, whether to use the font or not is not the reader's decision, your example doesn't prove anything.

And I don't know if you wanna be funny typing all in Times New Roman but honestly, there's no point arguing over a font, no point trying to prove who's right, no point in forcing others to agree to your take, and no point proving who's the real keyboard warrior in a manga thread over silly things like this :pepela:

So yeah idk if you will listen but we should stop stretching this debate anymore than this, never hating on you, it's all there, my initial reply is about how I don't agree with your take on the font and your comment to the translator looks rude to me, you told me that comic sans looks like a joke, I agreed but I said I don't care since I never care about what font to use, comic sans or not, as long as it's readable to me, then you said I "missed the point", but there was no point to miss in the first place. So trying to prove your point any more than this just make it look stupid to me.

What's funnier is that I have no idea what you're on about, I said I "wish" they do that just to respond to your take on the font with how you phrasing it as if you're better than everyone here (at least that's how I see it), I never said I "want" them to do so, or even "intentionally", ALSO no one said anything, nor implying about using comic sans to translate in a manga counts as a "joke" like you stated.

Your example at the end is just as confusing to me, who tf care if they use comic sans to tl hentai in the first place and no one would even comment about it since "everybody just jerking off to the pictures." like you said, whether to use the font or not is not the reader's decision, your example doesn't prove anything.

And I don't know if you wanna be funny typing all in Times New Roman but honestly, there's no point arguing over a font, no point trying to prove who's right, no point in forcing others to agree to your take, and no point proving who's the real keyboard warrior in a manga thread over silly things like this :pepela:

So yeah idk if you will listen but we should stop stretching this debate anymore than this, never hating on you, it's all there, my initial reply is about how I don't agree with your take on the font and your comment to the translator looks rude to me, you told me that comic sans looks like a joke, I agreed but I said I don't care since I never care about what font to use, comic sans or not, as long as it's readable to me, then you said I "missed the point", but there was no point to miss in the first place. So trying to prove your point any more than this just make it look stupid to me.
I was not phrasing it as if I was better than everybody else, I was just giving my honest opinion that comic sans looks dumb as fuck. It might surprise you but this is not a controversial opinion even outside of manga translations. And you're saying you didn't "want" them to use comic sans when you said you "wish" they'd use comic sans (out of spite???) is pretty much splitting hairs to me. Also not you, but Dakkanor said "Also, he whole manga is an extended excuse to have young girls fawning over an older guy, it's joke in it's own right." that is what I was referencing.

I don't know whether or not you're a hentai aficionado like I am, but yeah people will flame you if you use comic sans even to translate hentai. I used that as an example because even when people are just jerking off to pictures they still use a font for manga. Because it's not hard to just use a normal font for manga, I don't know what's hard to understand about that.

Think what you will, it doesn't matter to me if you think it's stupid. Nearly every translation on this website manages to use font that is normally used manga. It's not hard.

Dex-chan lover
I was not phrasing it as if I was better than everybody else, I was just giving my honest opinion that comic sans looks dumb as fuck. It might surprise you but this is not a controversial opinion even outside of manga translations. And you're saying you didn't "want" them to use comic sans when you said you "wish" they'd use comic sans (out of spite???) is pretty much splitting hairs to me. Also not you, but Dakkanor said "Also, he whole manga is an extended excuse to have young girls fawning over an older guy, it's joke in it's own right." that is what I was referencing.

I don't know whether or not you're a hentai aficionado like I am, but yeah people will flame you if you use comic sans even to translate hentai. I used that as an example because even when people are just jerking off to pictures they still use a font for manga. Because it's not hard to just use a normal font for manga, I don't know what's hard to understand about that.

Think what you will, it doesn't matter to me if you think it's stupid. Nearly every translation on this website manages to use font that is normally used manga. It's not hard.
Still doesn't prove anything, I did say the way you said it look rude to me, it's me the one who read the message assume that way so it's not a fact that's you're rude, if you said you're not then that's it, end of the story. And my guy you are the only one who touch on the topic of the font being comic sans. That's why I said so, is it out of spite? I don't know myself! Would the translator do it? Probably not, since they have no obligation to do so. But would it be funny? Yes, I myself would get a chuckle out of it wondering how someone telling the translator to be a cool dude and pirate stuff just for changing comic sans over anything else would react.

And maybe it's just how different culture/region works so you seeing people flaming someone over using comic sans become a common thing but I have never seen that myself, and it would look silly to me than anything. So same to you my guy, just as you don't care if I think it's stupid, I also don't care about being a cool dude like you and nitpicking about a font, or if every tls here doesn't use comic sans, if it's got the work done, the translation is good enough, I'm satisfied and moved on waiting for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Mf actually malding over comic sans :pepela:
This is why it's a master font!

Yes, I myself would get a chuckle out of it wondering how someone telling the translator to be a cool dude and pirate stuff just for changing comic sans over anything else would react.

And maybe it's just how different culture/region works so you seeing people flaming someone over using comic sans become a common thing but I have never seen that myself, and it would look silly to me than anything. So same to you my guy, just as you don't care if I think it's stupid, I also don't care about being a cool dude like you and nitpicking about a font, or if every tls here doesn't use comic sans, if it's got the work done, the translation is good enough, I'm satisfied and moved on waiting for the next chapter.
FYI, I would react by telling them to stop using comic sans.

I get it. Some people enjoy eating up slop translations. I for one only procure the finest in fan scanalations, as my standards (not using comic sans) are indeed quite high. I would NEVER admonish someone for having low standards. There's nothing wrong with being a bottom feeder.

Dex-chan lover
FYI, I would react by telling them to stop using comic sans.

I get it. Some people enjoy eating up slop translations. I for one only procure the finest in fan scanalations, as my standards (not using comic sans) are indeed quite high. I would NEVER admonish someone for having low standards. There's nothing wrong with being a bottom feeder.
At least suggest them to use something else and being helpful instead of telling them to pirate anything and nitpicking on comic sans (lmao I can't) then calling yourself having high standard for that, your reply sounds so smart yet it make me feel like this is just like one of those posts on reddit and twitter that I see every now and then :pepela:

At least suggest them to use something else and being helpful instead of telling them to pirate anything and nitpicking on comic sans (lmao I can't) then calling yourself having high standard for that, your reply sounds so smart yet it make me feel like this is just like one of those posts on reddit and twitter that I see every now and then :pepela:
I'm taking the piss m8. You realize this is essentially a piracy website, almost nobody posting here has the license or permission to publish the manga they're translating. Besides it's a font, the FBI won't exactly break your door down over illegally downloading font. And also he asked whether or not he should keep using comic sans and I answered with my opinion, not exactly fair to call that nitpicking,

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
vfvogc.png
not sure why but this made me burst into laughter

just read the credits page, be a cool dude and just pirate whatever font you need duh. comic sans looks dumb as fuck
Genuine question. Why shouldn't comic sans be used on comic?

Dex-chan lover
Because it's a childish font, and if you want to be taken seriously by anybody anywhere you should never use it.
In terms of formal letters or studies, yes. You should never use it. But it's manga, a form of entertainment. A comic. There's no reason why it shouldn't be used.

What makes it childish?
Because it was designed to be. The style makes the words easier to read, even for a young children. I think Vsauce actually made an analysis of fonts. Probably best to check it out.

Double-page supporter
It's been decades since I'd looked at fonts, I would have thought they'd be competitively priced... I mean I packs of 160 on Etsy for $1.90.

Dex-chan lover
In terms of formal letters or studies, yes. You should never use it. But it's manga, a form of entertainment. A comic. There's no reason why it shouldn't be used.

I mean, why do you think that it's not used in any PROFESSIONAL manga? What Kodansha manga uses it? What Viz manga uses it? What American style manga uses it? Batman? Iron Man? "Hurr duhrr it's a comic so therefor it needs to be used" is just wrong.

Nobody professional uses it, because it's perceived to be unprofessional and childish. Anybody using it is usually looked down upon by anybody who has even the slightest bit of knowledge about such things, and I can guarantee that someone who wishes to be taken seriously would be better off not using it, even as a joke.

I legitimately know people who were turned down for entry level lettering positions in the professional manga industry because they thought using comic sans was a good idea for their trial/test.

Anyone who does use it will eventually be educated by somebody that they'll be forced to listen to. It's slightly below the level of including a Translation note that explains the most basic of concepts, like "Ohayō is something that Japanese people say to each other first thing in the morning" or "Keikaku means plan."

Use it if you're stubborn and don't want to listen to the loads of people who suggest otherwise, but don't expect to be taken seriously by anybody for doing so.

Dex-chan lover
OH MY GOD do I love this whole thread that's literally people arguing over fonts :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread