Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 3 Ch. 21.2

Dex-chan lover
Is polygamy legal in their world? If MC is able to get Tetra back in power, that would mean he'll have 2 crowns on his head

Dex-chan lover
I loved the King's raised finger meme.

But I'm lost, do they plan for him to marry Yuria TOO? Or divorce Tetra, then marry Yuria? Or just talk about marriage to Tetra, and then drop her and marrying Yuria? I could not, for the life of me, follow that.

Also, I've been mostly easy-going with this manga. I don't care much about politics, and don't understand half of a political chapter, so I just roll with it. But if after a whole conversation on how Asshole #1 has killed two wives the King still considers him a king candidate (meaning, giving him Yuria) he might as well just jum off a window.

Dex-chan lover
He has to consider the guy, cause he's the most powerful Noble after the King and him rebelling would destroy the Kingdom.

@Tatherwood In many countries in early history nobles, especially kings, had multiple wives. I believe early Japan had the same thing going on as well.

Also, naysayers to Almus x Tetra go BRRRRRRR. Writers making it canon now, age related problems what? LOL

Dex-chan lover
@Opticalwinter Oh, I know it was a thing. And I'm a fan of any Harem story that has a satisfying poly- ending where everyone's loved and respected.
Point still stands, either original or TL was just sucky. It was hard to understand what the plan was.

@ShaiHH I'm assuming that's a reply to my comment, even though you didn't tag me.
I get that he's a powerful noble. But you're the king. Your job is to figure out how NOT to give your daughter to an asshole that will murder her AND protect your kingdom. Not give her to him "unless someone else finds a solution".

Double-page supporter
So this is how (medieval?) politic works, outside of the dirty & genocidal parts. Political marriages & familial influences that lead a nation. It trickles into the business world today too, so I think I understand a little bit now.

Dex-chan lover
Is polygamy legal in their world? If MC is able to get Tetra back in power, that would mean he'll have 2 crowns on his head
Years late and you probably already know this but Tetra wasn't a Princess. The Ash Family was likely a dukedom, she was the Duke's child, but it got independence when this Farmel fellow killed her parents.

Dex-chan lover
I think thats one off these few times were a ruler trying to force the main character to become the next ruler actually makes sense. But its sad that this Diebel Family wasnt mentioned before...and how is it a respectable family with a member alredy HAVING KILLED TWO WIVES? Nobles pff
This is common in this kind of fantasy settings, not only Japanese. Not only isekai.

And it always bafled me, with corruptions people do get away with it and have done so for as along as there is civilization.

But if a noble kills another noble if not his family then the kingdom would just strip hin down of his tittles and dissown him.

Getting away with killing servants is alredy a stretch and not even close to killing whatever noble lady he married with no punishment.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter feels off, why is the daughter obssesed King wanting to send his only viable child to a death sentence to score a nobility marriage that will be bad for the kingdom no matter what. I remember this part as I'm on reread cause it was a while and it still baffles me.

Dex-chan lover
"If I become your adopted son, that means that you'll be my adopted father, is that correct?"

Yes MC, that's how that works.

Dex-chan lover
Raymond is our guy! Perfect use of logic and emotion to convince his brother.

Users who are viewing this thread