Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 4 Ch. 26.2

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch Not starving, desperate. They have full stomachs they just don't have enough food for later unless they win. If they lose they starve. The supplies are reliant on pillaging therefore they have to pillage.

Contributor
captain_crunch, Matters of life or death....
They lose They died, they surrender they starved to death....
Even some tame lion when they starved they attacked human,

Supporter
@highstream Almus had mentioned the non-existence of stirrups in an earlier chapter, I believe. So he likely invented some and had them produced for the military.
@HuevoPodrido Kind of makes sense on a horse, it reduces weight. Now do they have to appear so sensual..? Probably not.

Dex-chan lover
@thehombre Grapeshot, for sure. Round shot is better for fortifications rather than massed enemies, whereas grapeshot is the reverse; a decent cannon filled with grapeshot has an effective killing range of about 500 yards, if I remember correctly. Let the enemy close to about 30-50 yards and a few canisters of grapeshot would hit them like the hammer of god.

That said, while the technology behind a musket or a cannon are pretty simple, and forging the barrels aren't exactly difficult, relatively speaking, that still doesn't make them easy to make, especially en masse. You need enough powder to propel the projectile at a lethal velocity while also having a barrel wall thick enough to withstand the pressure generated by the powder igniting. And all muzzle loaders carry the risk of double charging or even under charging. Both tend to make things explode, the latter just in a more delayed fashion unless you realize that the projectile didn't exit the barrel, which can render it basically useless.

There's also the worry the fact that, as soon as you introduce firearms of any kind, you'll ignite an arms race; all it takes is a few captured examples and the enemy will eventually figure out how to reverse engineer it, so unless you kill them to the last man, it's better not to bring firearms to battle unless you want to be staring them down yourself before long.

Aggregator gang
Ria’s outfit is really impractical for a cavalry soldier - she should at least have a little bit of leather to protect herself, instead of exposing her bare skin so much when she’s going against horsemen with spears. She’s pretty much asking to get stabbed lol

Supporter
@PTRB I mean, the rest of the soldiers at least appear to wear some sort of leather protections. She's gorgeously unprotected. Actually this is me complaining because of yes, never change that fabulous fashion style girl!

Dex-chan lover
so according to Google a "happy set" is what the japanese call a....Happy Meal set?

huh okay

Dex-chan lover
not sure if going full bikini on a cavalry fight is a good idea...and this is coming from someone who supports sexy armors

Double-page supporter
Me: Was the cameltoe needed?
Artist: Yes
Me: and the sideboob on page 6?
Artist: Of course!
Me: and the gratuitously out of place ass shot on page 3?
Artist: Definitely
Me: So then why block the tiddies with a chicken?
Artist: Because we have to show off the birds to remind people voodoo magicians use animals for recon. Small details like that would be forgotten otherwise.
Me: Hmm... okay. I'll take your word for it.

Also the girls should really be wearing chaps. Their legs should be raw after riding for that length of time while bare.

Dex-chan lover
@yohane i prefer plate armor but okay. i guess i can fap to a bikini armor once in a while. though i still maintain that chainmail-on-nipple or chainmail-on-pubes may not be such a good idea, so make sure that bikini armor has cloth lining or something will get caught painfully

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't see any strategy at all. Wasn't it like, they just charge at each other and start hitting everything up front?

So here's my take in his strategy. It seems that he wanted to pull a Hammer and Anvil tactics of the Macedonians. By putting more soldiers on the left side, he can prevent the left wing being broken and overrun like usual. Therefore, both footman of both armies will be locking shield together and effectively a stalemate. This is where the cavalry comes into play. If the cavalry can actually break the enemy cavalry and start attacking from the flank or behind, they win. Furthermore, since King Ferme mentioned that the footman is vulnerable from the right, a successful left wing cavalry attack will turn the tide of the battle very fast.

CBC

Aggregator gang
@GerryCerryBery
Indeed, the stirrups allowed for Horse Archer shenanigans on top laying the ground work for the legendary heavy cavalry charges of the European Knights.

Basically our MC's cavalry is in a MUCH better position to handle the cavalry charge than the antagonist's own.

@CBC @GerryCerryBery
The importance on stirrups is generally way overstated. Both horse archery and medieval-style lance charges are totally possible without even having a saddle, not to mention stirrups. People who actually practice horse riding and medieval combat have tested and confirmed as much. In the end stirrups do increase the effectiveness of mounted combat, but are not a major milestone by themselves. The real progress was made by horse breeding. Early domesticated horses were way too weak to even carry a human, as well as too skittish and hard to control for any kind of fighting. Early two-horse war chariots were developed precisely to remedy this and when through generations of breeding horses got better, stronger and easier to control, the two-horse chariot was replaced by the one-horse chariot and then finally with mounted combat. No amount of magical future knowledge is going to get you better horses without spending many lifetimes on it, so his ability to improve mounted combat should actually be pretty limited.

The horses in the manga look very advanced compared to the rest of the setting. Generally at this time period you'd expect fairly difficult to hand, pony-sized horses. After all, the first domesticated horses looked more like donkeys than what we see today or in the middle ages.

What are you talking about? RIa's defense has already has reach 999 points. So no 1-8 dmg Swords or Spears can penetrate her. Plus, she just got a cheat equip with "Plot Armor" Feat. So just calculate this yourself. How can King Ferme's cavalries kill her.

Dex-chan lover
I love the comments here, so much knowledge and inspiration to gain!

Users who are viewing this thread