Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 4 Ch. 27.2

Aggregator gang
Show, don't tell. Even if a battle of two phlalanx' clashing with each other isn't the most action packed thing....

Dex-chan lover
It's a good move.
The King can't command when on the front lines, the battle (in its current form) is already decided.

By taunting the King, he has drawn him into an assault where with the super strength gives him the upper hand.

Why risk himself at all? Because the other family may turncoat at any time, and killing the enemy leader would leave them in a far better position than if the battle were to be drawn out and grind to its inevitable conclusion.

Remember, it isn't total war, the king can't just click on his troops and give the order to pull back, and he can't maneuver in a meaningful way anyway. He's about to be encircled and he is weakening the line facing the strongest enemy troops.

Taunting is perfectly valid here.

Dex-chan lover
I never understood that kind of 'pride' bullshit. I'm more of a 'poison or trap them'. Why waste lives when you can kill someone in a sneaky way?

What a comfy chat about tactics and whatever! But don't they have the sculls of each other to crush instead of all the chatter?

Man, the writing feels really lacking in this one. I want to like it so much more but it feels just like... childish superheroes yelling at each other about their superpowers or something.

I HATE THIS CHAPTER. Why would you reveal something so important? This manga is starting to become so stupid, and he even wants to fight the enemy general by himself isn't this kinda defeat the point of the army.

Dex-chan lover
You guys all realize that telling them why they are screwed, is to demoralize the troops, right? Ferme's troops are running on pure hype right now, take their confidence, and they will fold.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you explaining your strategy in the middle of the battle to your enemy... you're just giving them the potential to think of a way to counter you or use the same strategy in the future against you... so dumb

Dex-chan lover
The strategy of explaining stuff to demoralize the enemy soldiers works only if they can hear it. But it's a battle - people are shouting, horses are galloping, not really conditions for that.

Now, if he chops his head off and shows it to the enemies, this will work better as the news will spread quickly.

lol why are people taking this so seriously like it's supposed to be 100% realistic. There are gryphons, blessings and whatnot, I take the manga in for what it is and I'd argue it's more enjoyable this way.

Dex-chan lover
King Iron played himself even harder than Almus' monologuing lets on - he can't use his military genius from the front lines while Almus wasn't doing any leading anyway. Considering that he's stuck protecting the weakest flank while Almus is protecting his strongest flank and his earlier reactions implying Almus is stronger than he is - he dun goofed.

Dex-chan lover
that's strategy explaining is stupid... considering the situation...

Group Leader
I know it's fiction and all, but the whole "explaining your strategy to the opponent" trope really doesn't make any sense.

Double-page supporter
What difference does it make if he explains the strategy? Ferme isn't in a position to give orders to his other troops. Unless his other generals can figure out what happens or Ferme can defeat Almus (not going to happen), then his disclosing the tactics being used currently means absolutely nothing to the outcome of the battle.

In order for this to matter, Ferme would need to:
1) Defeat Almus
2) Break out of the Calvary encirclement he is currently under with Rosewood and Ria.
3) Send a runner to his Left Wing to explain the situation and give an alternative tactic
4) Have the alternative tactic implemented swiftly in the heat of battle before Bartholo can adapt the modify their tactic as well.

In other words, it's a completely pointless thing to complain about.

If there was anything to complain about it would be, how the hell can they hear each other over all of the noise from Fermes' right and Almus' left clashing as well as the sound of the horse Calvary running around their flanks and clashing with their heavy infantry. It should be amazingly loud at that location. So loud that unless they were shouting at the top of their lungs at each other and everyone else was relying the message, they shouldn't be able to hear each other.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's for the sake of us readers, but explaining your strategy to the enemy commander in the middle of the battle is really not what you should do. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread