Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 4 Ch. 28.1

Dex-chan lover
Such a weirdly huge contrast between earlier chapters and the most recent ones. Did the mangaka fall on his head or what?

Aggregator gang
I’ve been trying to overlook them, but it’s been huge plot hole after huge plot hole after huge plot hole since this battle occurred. It’s degrading this manga’s quality, please stop mangaka lol

Dex-chan lover
lol what? His kingdom is now MC's? What happened to the warmonger they painted? weird...

Dex-chan lover
Imagine having a strategy conversation with the enemy general in the middle of a war (and a duel), lol.

Manga nosedived in quality in a single battle. From MC giving lectures to the enemies of how and why his formation was so great during the battle to accepting 1v1 on the battlefield to even the enemy managing to disarm MC and yet giving another weapon to MC because "it wouldn't have been fair if i disarmed you".

WTF is this?

Stop fucking having a conversation with the enemy commander in the middle of a war 🤡

Dex-chan lover
@C3PO I can almost believe Almus thinks he's fast because of some kendo footwork stuff, when in reality he's fast because he has the inhuman strength, without even being encumbered by great weight. He's like a human supercar equivalent.

holy fuck this is so bad. Where did he learn to fight ? Like he's just doing some kendo. Stop with the fucking japanese superior trope. I'm sorry but greek soldiers were far better than most armies (you can't hide greek influences in this, though this completely inaccurate on how ancient greece was in any way), they lacked other things like technology at times or numbers which later the roman empire fixed but he isn't even a fighter!!!!! He has bloody inhuman strength but even then we don't know if his body is harder, has better defense or anything of the sort. He's armed like a random footsoldier with a small shield and spear instead of making use of his incredible strength. (His spear would be broken by now btw from how many people he sent flying), he has low range as well; he can't fight expect for his plotarmor kendo bullshit, how is he alive if his range is the same as others ? He sure has inhuman strength but how is he not getting hit if he can't touch his enemies before they hit him?

We've had some chapters which didn't make any bloody sense before but this is getting worse consistently.
That ferme king wasn't he supposed to be a traitor who completely forgot the goodwill of the ash family, from commoner to noble to traitor and self-proclaimed king. Now he fights fair and square; the commander vs commander fight just SCREAMS JAPANESE MYTHS CULTURE on battles, where taking the head of the commoner makes you lose which it doesn't for other cultures. Just killing him, whether fair or not would have brought the moral of the troops down just the same way; SO in short it makes no sense to fight him while armed, just killing was the thing to do but plotarmor is too strong.
The fights are bad, we can't see any actions from anyone at all. And the act at the end "I wasn't so bad afterall, bring her hapiness" fuck, this is nothing about being bad or not, what kind of bullshit am I watching; you killed her parents but you spared her ? Only to want to kill her again? So kind... It just screams Japanese harmony hypocrite typical tropes. I love Japan and I write and speak a fluent japanese but japanese ethnocentrism in that manga which is supposed to be about some fictional bronze age era in another world ( with speudo-greek influences, you'd kill yourself if you had to take note of everything that doesn't make sense if you know ancient greece and its history) is way too much. Only the MC is supposed to be ethnocentrist and he's annoying enough as he is with his kendo bullshit (keep in mind kendo is meant for sport and useless in actual live battles).

Urffffffffffff and the friendly artstyle and drawings, peaceful vibes of a cooking in another world manga make me crazy; it's made to be appealing to girls (it works but surely these girls are just images and aren't real right? I hope) or whatever. Crap, make manga that appeal to both gender already so if you want to make a good one.

Just chilling bro.

Dex-chan lover
Superior Nippon Kendo obliterating enemies!!!!
Sasuga, Japan.

Really, no manga can escape the "Nippon is better cause Nippon" trope, huh?

Anyway, bad guy king is actually wise and misunderstood and wishes for the guy's that's killing him to bring happiness to all. Been there, done that, seen everything. Moving on.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood Well, they did give credit where its due, such as the phalanx formation, gunpowder, and paper. You can't really expect to consume a certain country's media without it being at least a bit biased for themselves.

Dex-chan lover
@Kutabarie
You can't really expect to consume a certain country's media without it being at least a bit biased for themselves.
Sorry, gotta lul at that. If you check Spanish tv shows, only 5% of them (if even that much) sing praises for Spain. The other 95% either makes fun of ourselves (cause we're morons), doesn't actively make fun of ourselves but displays it (cause we're morons) or tries to be normal.
And in the cases where we do sing our praises, from what I've seen is with some modicum of reason.

Nippon Kendo being superior simply cause it's Nipponese, Nippon Katanas being superior simply cause they're Nipponese or Nippon nato being superior simply cause it's Nipponese are a trope in a VAST majority of manga (well, isekai anyway). And it's moronic no matter how you slice it.

I mean you're right. They DID give credit to phalanx (not Japanese), gunpowder (not Japanese) and paper (not Japanese). Kendo was superior simply cause it's Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread