Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 31.2

tpLMe

I don't really care that they don't show it. I'm just glad that they addressed it. He's not going to stay eternally celibate because the author is squeamish about sex. Too many harem comedies and romance dramas always avoid something that is a common part of the human experience. Violence and murder is okay but God forbid even mentioning that your protagonist might not be chaste.

@exogriz Not to mention he is no longer a 30 year old man anyways, He is reborn as a different person entirely, memories of your past life are irrelevant when considering this, Imagine dying in your 20s and waking up, as a newborn in a new world with all your memories and past experiences intact, imagine thinking, Yes I won't adapt to this world, I won't do anything and I will just sit and let everything pass me by in this new life.

Dex-chan lover
"The most important job for a master of the land"

yep, that's the only way I'm gonna say it from now on.

Dex-chan lover
Whelp, that’s a pretty nonchalant way of letting puberty kick in

Here’s to the potential heirs to the throne

@boag
Are you seriously arguing for the morality of a fictional situation?
I mean, it’s somewhat based on history, and we live in a better time, but for an era like as that, due to the low lifespan of humanity and lack of medical understanding, they aren’t of an uncommon age to have children. Hell, men would normally be way older than the wife then, but we are fortunate that the reincarnated form of the MC is biologically around the same age as her. He may mentally or spiritually be older due to the memories of a past life, but he still has the same capabilities a youth of his age would have. If he had no memories of a past life, and was normally reincarnated, would you still take issue?

I am not saying those old values involving the youth and marriage should be normalized again, I am saying in the context of the story and what specifically happened, there is nothing of concern.

Saying from personal experience, doing the most important thing for the master of the land for the first time is not easy and super awkward.. Also Almus and Tetra are both first timers.. 🙄

I see this as an absolute win! They cant pull in the H-tag and plop in on Isekai Kenkokuki virtually destroying its amount of viewers, its the only way to do it without stalling time, and I respect that.

Contributor
@CyanHide @boag

There is actually a website that is relevant to this situation being discussed: https://www.ageofconsent.net/. You would be surprised on how low the age is actually for many countries. Different cultures have different views on this. For example (and as noted on that website), several Muslim-based countries actually don't have an age based time-frame as to when you can have sex. Instead, it is entirely based on marital status. Here in the U.S., 16 is generally the rule, but can still get you in trouble. The youngest age I saw when glancing through the countries was 12, although there may be a lower one (I just fast scanned through).

Historically, it is true that young women were often sent off with older males, mainly since the older male had greater social status and it was of benefit in some way to the female's family. Still occurs even today, but is far less common than it was from just over a century ago, mainly focused on more affluent families in trying to maintain power or wealth.

Dex-chan lover
@Hounder
I thank you for your contribution to the discussion, you have both my respect and gratitude

Though, I am sadly aware of these facts.

CBC

Aggregator gang
@Legion
Most of that can be laid at the feet of Editors and Japan's dumbass obsession over purity of the girls, to the point where some authors had been swamped by actual death threats when a popular female character gets it on with the MC because "Mai Waifu can't be with no one else REEEEEE!" it's the same reason why Japanese Idols can't date either.

Japan's weird dude. Really weird.

A few things.

1. I'm still not feeling anything in this relationship between them, completely apart from any weirdnesses due to age difference. It just seems like she nagged at him until he gave in and married her.
2. The fact that he's technically an ephebophile instead of a pedophile isn't a huge win.
3. Of course the years lived in his former life matter. He has the mentality and consciousness of a person in his 30's. He has enough life experience to be able to take advantage of a teenager, who is far less likely to notice that they're being manipulated, and that's what's really at the heart of whether or not a minor is capable of consent.
4. Obviously he ISN'T taking advantage of her, and she is down to get down. So that mitigates things somewhat.
5. As others have said, it's a different world with different laws and different expectations. That changes a lot of the dynamic. Plus, they're married. But it's still a little weird to think that 30-year olds can isekai to fantasy worlds and bang all the 15-year olds they want without fear of repercussions. The fact that they can hide in a 15-year old body to do it doesn't make it less weird.

Fed-Kun's army
@BlueThunder
I think you are missing a couple of points:
-He's already identifying himself as the teenager boy, instead of the previous life he lived, making the awkwardness resulting from the age difference a lot less important.
-you're using moral costumes from modern times. You don't need to go to a new world to find big age gaps in relationships, just go a few generations back in the past. Low life expectancy, high children death rate, high death rate during childbirth: as soon as you had your first period you were a woman and you could be married to someone (I'm referring mainly to medieval tradition, unfortunately I don't have readily available knowledge for the roman period or older, but we can safely assume that in the "sexually libertarian" pagan world things might not be that different). Marriage requires wealth and means of sustainance. Two things that young adults didn't have that often.

Users who are viewing this thread