Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 33.2

Hah, you wont get discharged unless you lose all 4 of your limbs. That's gotta suck

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling the all 4 of your limbs thing is a mistranslation. It should be any of your 4 limbs instead. I'll need to find the raw to double confirm.

Edit: Well... that is one way to interpret what the raw said. The other way is to lose any of your 4 limbs just like I suspected.

In japanese it's just 四肢 の欠損

Dex-chan lover
@Blazer168
No word about being able to raise your shield either, huh.
5468106_2_l.jpg

> Page 10
anime-meta-jokes-2.jpg

Dex-chan lover
A modern man knows trade is what makes a nation rich. Some natural resources as well, if used wisely, but I guess he will need to look for those later.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if the MC had been a prohibitionist - the story would have ended right around here.

🤕

@sdarkpaladin Going by the dictionary, I'd say "losing your limbs" is a better translation. The translator went too literal with 四(four)肢(limbs/arms & legs)

Dex-chan lover
Maybe they just mean the army will use the de-limb soldiers for experimentation and come out with cyborgs. It happens all the time in other manga why not this one

Double-page supporter
p3: I also think it's: "You won't be discharged unless you lose one of your 4 limbs or get sick"

(Seriously, I can't but see no leg warrior charging the enemy or warrior without arm hitting with their head)

"You won't be discharged unless you lose all of your four limbs"

Soldier loses both his legs and his left arm

Commander: "He still has his right arm, he can swing that sword."

I found it odd that they would only take people between 15 and 30 yo but feel the need to explain that if discharged due to old age they will get a pension. They make it out as a full time job until they retire but as an example the Roman army had for the most part 20 year terms for its volunteer soldiers but many did more. One such term for these soldiers would put them at 35-50 yo when done. Just what do they consider old age and what impact on the prospective recruits is this far off old age-pension supposed to have. Seems like it's just mentioned by author to show how MC is a fair and good ruler by implementing modern concepts.

hey I just noticed the former soldier guy is the same one who was in the first battle when they blew up the bridge

Users who are viewing this thread