Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 6 Ch. 38.2

Dex-chan lover
You know the right of first night given to the lord sounds really familiar like something i learn in history class in highschool....

Dex-chan lover
@DizzyDazzle Actually, it's kind of the opposite. He's going for love/lust BECAUSE the dude is a bad guy. If they were decent people, they would have just sucked it up. She would marry the man, she wouldn't go for the MC even though she secretly have feelings and the king would be okay with it. But if the MC doesn't marry her, the bad dude becomes king. So everyone wants the MC to marry her.

So he's not starting a war because of love/lust and justifying it cause the dude is bad, he's starting a war using love and lust BECAUSE the dude is a bad guy.

They aren't justifying the steal of the girl with the guy is bad and the war is a consequence. They are going to start the war because the guy is bad and marrying the girl is the consequence.

Dex-chan lover
>all the peeps outraged by ancient 'customs'
:^)

@DizzyDazzle
Dibel's family has been introduced as bunch of cunts from their very first panels, but they're par the course for whatever time period this story thinks it's in. Also, LN was more nuanced in it's approach to this arc, as the heavy handed rule of Dibel and his open contempt for MC made it clear that clash is inevitable, and snagging King's support simply elevated his chances to win. So yeah, MC's objectively less shit.

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus christ, as if they hadn't made Rigar cartoonishly evil and misogynistic enough, even the people working for his administration are being shown as absolute pieces of shit. Start of the next chapter should really be showing a knife in the tax collector's guts.
A lot of the assertions and writing of the last few chapters have had me squirming in my chair a little bit. Taking on tougher issues of leadership and corruption is great, but seeing some endorsement of "The Law of Nature" as a genuine approach to the behavior of leaders, even in fiction, is a bit uncomfortable. Especially in a Roman-ish setting, there should at least be more of an effort to place it in a context of philosophy and ethics for the benefit of the people. Simplicity isn't always a virtue.

Dex-chan lover
Just FYI, Primae Noctis has never been recorded as actually practiced in anywhere in medieval Europe.

There's speculation that Renaissance scholars made it up to make it seem like living in medieval Europe was a horrible time compared to the Renaissance.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Funny that the underlings are doing the same thing that the mc is doing to their boss

Also what the guy bellow me said.
Be decent people and cease propagating libel. Libel is the most dangerous(to other humans) of human proclivities. Countless assaults, atrocities and wars were justified, even by those who knew better, through libelous words
Don't be like that guy abobe me

@Kaarme In fact is tagged as "slice of life" in the genre description. At first was about the MC doing things with modern knowledge and building a village with the kids. Your everyday isekai. Now is war and conquering. And harem of course.

Dex-chan lover
@logan1688 @dizzydazzle @jetsoku i dont think it is rape but it’s objectively the same as rape. Ima have to pull the classic “im just trolling bros im not actually retarded” now :)

Dex-chan lover
I hope we get to see some medieval forms of torture on the tax collector. I hope the author or his editor does not shy away from some gruesome comeuppance.

Dex-chan lover
@Logan1688 I'll be damned. My bad. Sorry for doubting your memory. Still, I have no idea what the tag is doing there because there has always been a developing plot going on, time flows normally, the MC isn't stuck in one place, the environment and circumstances change, he's forced to make decisions that have irreversible consequences. He's risking his own life and the lives of others. People die. If this is supposed to be slice of life, then anything can be slice of life.

Group Leader
∧_∧ THANKS NEPU!
(´ ∀`) BIG KUSA!
( つ旦つ ∬ 
と_)_) 旦 
Damn, seeing some douche doing a primae noctic really pushes my buttons. But it does remind me that Gilgamesh also does this practice, until he met Enkido in one of his first night.

Dex-chan lover
I once had a dream where people who claim to drop a manga actually dropped it and didn't bother us anymore in the next chapter. It was a good dream.

So, any novel readers can enlighten us as to the fate of this asshole?
Cause I would love some karma right now

Dex-chan lover
... I hope she stabs him and they come running towards the fort as refugees.

@sirflimflam ... You do know that there is two sides to the coin called NTR? Netori (to take) & netorare (to be taken from).

Users who are viewing this thread