Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 6 Ch. 41.2

Thanks for the chapter, looking forward to the fight, with a bit of Shounen moment where its close, but not really.

Double-page supporter
why would he take this duel when he's not from this country anymore?
and dibel family is clearly attacking another kingdom's king to boot ...

Fed-Kun's army
Just kill the mofo and be done with it. This arc has gone for far too long when we all know how it will end anyway.

Dex-chan lover
wait i thought his blessing was from the griffin.

i agree with everyone who is saying to just kill the fucker, this arc is endless and at this point boring, we all know he's going to win so there's no suspense left.

Dex-chan lover
@Bidorchar
I was under the impression that the Ashe family is a vassal of Rosice even if Ashe has a kingdom of their own.
A feudal king only weakly controls all of his kingdom but his own holdings. This is why the Rosice king can't do anything to the Dibel family.
The only real separate country here is the empire to the north iirc.

Dex-chan lover
weren't ppl saying the guy he killed earlier that had mc staring at his hand afterwards was the guy with the same blessing as mc? Because, yknow, he was unexpectedly strong.

Dex-chan lover
@feha no, what they said is that just like his own blessing makes his soldiers stronger, Dibel's soldiers also get stronger just by following him. The MC didnt expect him to be stronger than he looked, and it was because of Dibel's blessing boosting him. He also didnt kill the guy, just disarmed him, its showed them tying him up right there.

Supporter
Okay that’s a really cool twist. It’s literally a fight to decide who is more beloved by their people.

And this also explains why Dibel wants the throne so badly. It’ll basically make him a god.

Man this is kind of sort of following the plan I said he should do: Pretend to be weak and meek, aquiesce to him to make him arrogant and bolder, goad him into pushing you in ways the law does not support (but is fine when no one reports), then stand your ground and have him try to bull you over, corrner him by not budging and making it a known incident and force him into a duel, kill him.

MC doesn't want military action because of the inherent deaths, so a one-on-one duel is pretty much the best thing he could get. It reminds me of the story of a notable viking that bullied some others by challenging them to duels as a part of legal disputes, which he was sure to win. Think it ended with him dying to a greater opponent when he challenged someone and the hero stepped in (and he couldn't withdraw it without seeming a coward).

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX I thought mc's blessing made mc stronger by the number and strength of loyalty of his subjects. Not that it made the subjects stronger instead.

@Feha it gives the holder more power but gives the truly loyal power in return for their loyalty. It just has to be on the level of sacrificeing themselves for the holder or around that level.

Dex-chan lover
Hey king, how about you help me with the case where his people just enters my land without invite? Refugee or not I have to vet them and house them or send them back, all of which cause me resource and time. Who's compensating me for that? And what if he can't stop his people from leaving?

How is this any different than me sending my bois over under the pretense of being refugees then blow up his capital? How can this shit be allowed?

Dex-chan lover
if they have the same blessing i don't see how they are the same strength cause it wasn't just being the leader of people it was strength which grew based on the number of people who believe you to be a great leader

Dex-chan lover
Its hard to know who will win definitely, because MC and Dibel were both inspired greatly by Yuria's plot and hips so thicc...

So when it comes to blessings, MC leads in loyalty of his subjects, while his opponent leads in number of subjects

Fed-Kun's army
He has the same exact blessing? And despite having managed a territory for much longer than Almus and having more opportunity for gathering loyal subordinates, had his hand crushed like that? He's even more pathetic than I previously thought.

Dex-chan lover
I think I understand why he doesn't want people leaving his territory, but why let his troops kill them? Fear doesn't really work for him. He needs happy subjects that can procreate and inspire immigration. If it's a quantity versus quality situation, at least he'd be guaranteed quantity.

That marriage tax is also pointless. He's actually better off with a singles tax.😋

Users who are viewing this thread