Isekai Kenkokuki

It's kinda alright entertainment. There's a lot of continuity errors and stuff that's forgotten about early on. Characters also melt into eachother. A big issue is also the timeskip, which occur without notification and without visible changes. No characters visibly age in this manga. They will look the same as they did "12" like 20. On the positive side it does tackle some interesting topics and governing decisions, and the MC isn't annoying. I give it 6/10 - it's ok.

I am not a fan of polyamory in isekai stories. Like, come on. Just pick one. My romance manga brain can’t take it.

It's bingeable, but I feel like if you stop reading it at a certain amount of time, you probably won't be picking it up again. Honestly the pacing feels like just reading a dovumentary about one dude's life in one go. Most of the characters are just plot devices to move the story along, so everyone feels like they don't have any personality other than whatever role they're given and afterwards just fade into the background. I don't mind it I'm fairly entertained.

bingable, moderate fun, feels like those early 1990s fantasy novels where the MC gets his ideal situation all the way

Dex-chan lover
Ok, not bad, but not great either. It doesn't anything too wrong, and there are some things I like here. But it also does some things I don't liked, like for example the villains that are just evil for the sake of being evil, he doesn't stay and develop his village, which is a pity because it had all the potential, and the superpower of the protagonist, which is too convenient and I'd prefer if he came with more advanced knowledge, like Roland from Release That Witch. After all these chapters it apparently won't go too far on the tech side, which is a pity.
But I do like the hesitation of the protagonist in introducing gunpowder or other military technologies, the consequences can be bad if it's stolen and Roland of RTW did it without any concern, which I found strange.
It's good, I'll keep seeing it, but with so few releases, I'll just put it On Hold for a year or two and come back later.

EDIT: I took a look at the manga updates, and it looks like the web novel it's based is already finished, and it has 300 chapters. If the adaptation is at the same speed as others I've seen, it should be adapting about 1.5 web novel chapters per manga chapter, so we can expect about 200 chapters until the end. I'd say that if the pace wasn't so fast, it seriously give me the impression he is adapting more than 1.5. I don't know.

Dex-chan lover
@Revertigo That's because it's too focused on the main character, and it has too many side characters. Even Yuria and Tetra don't get their own chapters to focus on them at any time. The pace is really too fast for my taste. And because of that, the romance looked as if it came out of nowhere.

@garethgg Eh, I fully expect him to come up with antibiotics like penicillin and somehow heal him up. Because if these Isekai Manga taught me anything, is that all 20 something youngsters in modern Japan have a vast amount of knowledge regarding multiple subjects and know a thing or two about creating medicines.
Seriously? You expect just any 20 years old to make penicillin? If he does then that is the most bullshit i would have seen in life. Only trained biologist who study medicine and microbiology can make penicillin in a lab and somehow mc can just wing it in a field and voilà!?

I've been wondering about this for a while now, but is there any sexual violence in this manga? I don't remember seeing anything sexual and I'm up to date.

Seriously? You expect just any 20 years old to make penicillin? If he does then that is the most bullshit i would have seen in life. Only trained biologist who study medicine and microbiology can make penicillin in a lab and somehow mc can just wing it in a field and voilà!?
Ironically, a lot of stuff can be done easily, as long as you know what you're looking for.

Penicillium was first discovered by accident when the mold somehow got on to a petri dish during unrelated research. Similarly, you could try to re-discover it like that (I believe it commonly can be found in bread mould) and basically identify it by seeing when the bacteria you're growing in the dishes gets wiped out.

I came to the comments for a similar reason. The heliocentric theory is a tough leap to make, but it's not really too difficult to verify. The thing is, we found 'stars' that would travel across the sky in our world and named them "wanderers" or planetes. These planets did this weird thing that confused the hell out of us of traveling in a set line, before looping in the sky and then changing their direction. Later on, we realized this was due to the planets orbiting the sun and their direction changing based on the relative position of the Earth compared to the planets. If Almus were to simply ask the guy if he's observed some stars that move in the sky and whether these stars sometime changes their direction, he could quickly figure out if this new world is also heliocentric.

And honestly my pet peeve with these is rather that every protagonist either knows how to make, or ends up finding people that know how to make every dish, condiment and spice that exists in Japan. And then the fantasy world being awed by dishes that are somehow novel in the fantasy world, even though they're most often super-simple and have similar versions in multiple other cultures.

Dex-chan lover
@johnbomb75 cause polygamy is practiced in this world,
and cause Almus will eventually have two wives(Yuria/Tertra) and one mistress
I know this is an old comment...

But... you say that like it isn't in real life. Unless you mean in this fiction it is the common practice? (irl you have to be exceptional to even have a chance, otherwise women won't accept the idea of sharing you, because well... not deserved XP )

Dex-chan lover
I've been wondering about this for a while now, but is there any sexual violence in this manga? I don't remember seeing anything sexual and I'm up to date.
Can anyone please answer this: why is there a sexual violence tag? Does Any of the main heroines get raped? Even off screen, like implied or clearly stated but not depicted with panels.

Users who are viewing this thread