Isekai Koushoku Musou Roku ~Isekai Tensei no Chie to Chikara o, Tada Hitasura ✕✕✕✕ Suru Tame ni Tsukau~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! I'm afraid I don't quite understand the pun in Guruka's name, can someone help me out? We obviously have Calipa (Caliper, an object used to measure the depth or diameter of a hole), Staff (self-explanatory, used for magic), Bloom (Broom, like what a witch would use), Clay Moa (Claymore, big ol' sword), and Whip (again, obviously self-explanatory). Sao literally just means Rod and his rod/pole skill is an obvious double-entendre. The goddess who reincarnated him was Ada Ruto (Adult) and his mother was Macheto (Machete). Anyone wanna fill in any blanks I'm missing or any details I've got wrong? Other miscellaneous names: chapter 1 had a random girl named Hirudora, chapter 2 has a random dude named Ribo, chapter 3 has a farmer goblin slayer named Tagayasu, and this is page from from when Staff was originally giving her proper introduction so it has both her full name and her father's name if anyone can make sense of the rest of the names. Not sure if I missed any, I probably did.
8zfJo5S.png

Google Lens extracts the raw as:

わたくし ゼリザール領主 オゴバが娘

スターフ・ド・
エルミナール・
ゼリザール
と申しますわ

Google and Deep L use "De" instead of "Do", and "Eruminal" appears to be Elemental. So, her name is Staff of Elements, or, Staff of the Elements. Not too sure about Zerizal though. EDIT: Zerizal just seems to be completely made up.

I managed to find Tagayasu (タガヤス) Linguee says: Plow, till, or cultivate.

On what pages are the other two and I'll see what I can do.

I managed to find the other two.

Hirudora seems to be related to soap operas, as in a woman cheating in the middle of the day, shouting that her lover has a bigger [rooster] than her husband.

Also in Japanese her name is: ヒルドラ. ヒル = hill and ドラ is a special tile in mahjong that increases the han value of a hand. So, big tits maybe?

Ribo = revolting.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That just means that there are more idiots around who can't give two shits about what words they're parroting.

The word is buck-naked. "Butt-naked" is an eggcorn, folk etymology from people not thinking two thumbs further than their education and inventing a new spelling because it somehow made sense in their heads even though the very event of having to think about it should have told them they're not a capacity on spellings, let alone inventing spellings, and that they rather ought to have consulted with people or resources who are, or at least are more so than they themselves.
Just to make that clear: I'm not criticising people for not knowing things or for making mistakes, but for not giving a shit and for inventing, populating, and perpetuating, ignorantly or otherwise, some asspull spelling that has exactly zero necessity for existing because a perfectly valid spelling already exists that just needs to be looked up.
I mean, sure, Buck Naked is the older variant (used in English in the 1800s) but both are registered as words. Buck Naked is more modern (1970s) for first known use in print. People probably heard the first phrasing and then verbally repeated the second, but it isn't incorrect to use a term that remained common in English for greater than the vast majority of the users of this website has been alive. Quite literally, depending on age and location the translator (or at the very least a reader) might have had their grand parents begin using the newer term and it was passed down to them.

English as a language has no formal academy or judgment made on what is valid or not. While that doesn't mean we should ignore incorrect spelling, we are working on a language that must regularly adapt phrases and meanings. Also English is full of redundant meanings, or close enough to warrant no difference.

I do not believe the translators choice between the two warrants the vitriol used here though. I do understand frustration in reading, but the grammar here is not incorrect. This isn't looking at a gag translation using emoji's in character speech bubbles, nor an unreadable MTL. It isn't even really a slang term, we aren't seeing an 'infection' of anything.

Dex-chan lover
That just means that there are more idiots around who can't give two shits about what words they're parroting.

The word is buck-naked. "Butt-naked" is an eggcorn, folk etymology from people not thinking two thumbs further than their education and inventing a new spelling because it somehow made sense in their heads even though the very event of having to think about it should have told them they're not a capacity on spellings, let alone inventing spellings, and that they rather ought to have consulted with people or resources who are, or at least are more so than they themselves.
Just to make that clear: I'm not criticising people for not knowing things or for making mistakes, but for not giving a shit and for inventing, populating, and perpetuating, ignorantly or otherwise, some asspull spelling that has exactly zero necessity for existing because a perfectly valid spelling already exists that just needs to be looked up.
or, get this, regional evolution of language

Dex-chan lover

Just to make that clear: I'm not criticising people for not knowing things or for making mistakes, but for not giving a shit and for inventing, populating, and perpetuating, ignorantly or otherwise, some asspull spelling that has exactly zero necessity for existing because a perfectly valid spelling already exists that just needs to be looked up
Please explain why “buck-naked” makes more sense than “butt-naked”. It’s not that i wholly disagree with you - buck-naked may very well be correct. However, to someone hearing it for the first time, probably not enunciated clearly, “butt-naked” is self explanatory (they’re naked, you can see their butt). They are not going to assume “maybe i heard wrong” and go look up the phrase to be sure - what they have is practical enough for use.

I don’t believe that you’ve never mispronounced a word you’d only ever read but not heard, or repeated a phrase you misheard without checking it because what you had made sense to you.
What is ’a capacity on spelling’, by the way? “at capacity” doesn’t make sense given the context, and i’m not sure what could have been autocorrected into ‘capacity’, either. Perhaps you have an eggcorn or two of your own?

Language is not a fixed thing, and changes with time.
There’s no reason to be this up-in-arms about it. Nobody is harmed. You can relax.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'm surprised the author went there: even if it's satirical it takes guts to approach the subject taking into account the target audience of this manga.

Given prevailing trends and the current zeitgeist, I'm not. It doesn't take guts, because that sort of thing is more common than you apparently believe; its presentation before said target audience also appears to be specifically encouraged, no less--why else would it keep appearing where and how it does?

For example, in Kichiku Eiyuu--a manga ostensibly meant for the heterosexual male eye--the MC has his female companion fellate him then spit out the semen so that he can offer it to villager males as a strengthening potion. Those males take it.

A lot of people don't realize that a complex game is afoot, that they don't know its rules, and that they nevertheless are participants--whether they want to be or not.

The girls actually wear battle gear that doesn't expose their skin needlessly to danger during the quest, impressive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread