Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - For the Sake of One's Goals II

Contributor
Curious, eager to learn and... lovestruck. That's a much better attitude compared to her previous naive and haughty self.

Double-page supporter
Seabass crown?
More like seabass CLOWN
Felmenia is kyut if we don't count that haughty bitch act on the earlier chapter

Double-page supporter
What happened with the whole "long chants are pointless, it's all about maximizing efficiency by using the meaning behind the words" from just a few chapters ago?
Now our MC is chanting his chuuni shit without batting an eye.

MD@Home
If Felmenia wasn't so cute in this chapter I would be losing my crap over this manga... and drop it.
It was ironic in the middle of the chapter when Seabass was spouting nonsense and Yakagi says, "Have you run out interesting stuff to say?" or something like that and it was the exact thought I had reading the dialogues... all the nonsense about magic-technique, akashic record... it was all so Chuuni and delusional-like =-= and in the end the basically the entire place was destroyed even though that was the "reason" he couldn't interrupt the summoning, like what was that for? Was there any point in writing that at all??
... nvm, I lost my crap, this entire thing is bad, thought it was at least decent with the ratings and beginning plot but holy crap half of the chapters are filled with nonsense dialogues about magic-babble

People in comment saying that he doesn't need chant for magic and now he's chanting. Well because this is a magic Technique and not simple magic read it clearer.

Double-page supporter
@dskilly

He quite clearly said if he interrupted, the entire castle would be destroyed. Right now, judging by how the King isn't dead, only the north tower collapsed. The scale is completely different.

Plus, it's fiction. Of course any explanation that doesn't adhere to pure science would seem chunni- but in all seriousness, what he's doing is basically the same thing Senku from Dr.Stone did, condescendingly explaining to less developed people about superior science, except for magic instead.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah literally the fate style magi; practice magic to reach the root.

I can get behind this.

MD@Home
@Geohie I had to read back on this one since it has been a while, but he actually said that if the summoning was interrupted it would blow the surroundings of the castle, likely including the castle, but that wasn't the point at all of why he didn't want to interrupt it. The main reason he didn't want to let it blow the castle was because there were people in the castle still, which in the end it doesn't even matter because he also mentions that either way the whole castle would crumble after the summoning succeeded and has yet to do anything to secure them. Instead, what the author deemed a to be a good idea was that the MC would "somehow" redirect the destruction to upwards to the top thus the ruins you see around the scene though I suspect the castle is basically in ruins too, so just skipping the whole thing about the plot being somehow avoidable but not really because otherwise there wouldn't be a plot thingymajingy.

I have no qualms on it being fiction but you don't just say things and that's how it will be, there's no previous counts of such things being exposed to the story, plot or setting and it's just all "somehow coincidentally" similar to the magic system or process from his original world, which is also not exposed. I don't need it to relate to the real world or science-based facts to be a good story, it just needs to be able to keep itself consistent and not just try to gain brownie points by "appearing" cool. As for Dr. Stone, the reason why it's popular and it got an anime is because it is certainly good writing and if you watched it with any attention Senku is clearly that type of character but also shows passion for the subject and everything is consistent because it's based on stuff we actually already know, which is convenient for the plot, and not science-babble like with Yakagi's magic-babble for the sake of somehow allowing for the plot to happen and at the same time allowing it to move on. That's achievable because it's real science while for magic it's not at all the same since it doesn't exist for us also writing-quality-wise between this work and Dr. Stone is not even comparable, not to say that Dr. Stone is anywhere perfect either.

TL;DR, writing is lazy, plot is meh, art is quite fancy but it's all for the sake of making the manga and MC look cool with no actual substance behind it and bad writing isn't excusable just because it's fiction.

Double-page supporter
@dskilly

He states, and I quote, "If I interrupt the entire castle will be blown to bits" and "Even if he's successful, a part of the castle will crumble for sure." And that is what happened. The north tower collapsed. They absolutely did not gloss over that point because we see the aftermath, and we also see the King's room indicating that the main castle was protected. Plus, the one who shouted about there being people in the castle was the girl. Please don't consider your poor reading comprehension the same thing as a plot hole.

Did you read past chapter 20 or so? because he realizes that the reason the magic system is similar is because it is fundamentally the same as earth's. The only difference is that this world uses a intermediary like elements, which lowers efficiency but adds a 'holy' attribute to all attacks(because the elements are connected to the Goddess), which is why the MC's attacks aren't completely op, since it results in a advanced fire spell being weaker than a normal fireball against Demons (with a 'dark' attribute)

This is chapter 7. Of course not everything is going to be explained in exposition right away- many of the problems you just expressed are purposefully left out to enhance mystery and set up for future reveals.

While I do understand having questions, your complaints seem like someone getting annoyed at not knowing what's going on in the prologue of a murder mystery book.

Users who are viewing this thread