Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Geo Malifyx I

Fed-Kun's army
@Hades3x

@Lord-Raine says it a lot better than I did, and I agree with their points 100%. It's pretty much a way for the author to make the plot progress in a certain situation. It CAN still be fixed from a writer's standpoint by either someone mentioning this next chapter.....or the Princess made this action knowingly because she just doesn't care.

Dex-chan lover
@Darketower Yeah, Suimei investigating the prevalence of calico cats in the city's street cat population could get him into trouble already. Investigating bad. Seriously, though, he only got into trouble because he was investigating something that's connected to the nobles.

@CrusaderJerome I don't disagree with what you said, but I think an important caveat is that there's not anything that anyone from this world can do to stop her. Let's not forget that the most powerful fire user alive is just a flamethrower spell user who figured out that a jet of air makes the flame burn hotter. The third princess is almost certainly just some chump that's figured out something basic that is unknown to this world, like magnetism or something, that she's adding to her earth magic to make it seem vastly superior to everyone else.

The only reason the MC struggled with eyepatch girl's dark magic is because the nature of grudges born from the human soul wasn't a subject the mages from his world were wholly familiar with, since the fundamental nature of humanity was still a mystery, and thus the fundamental nature of curses born from the human spirit also remain unknowable. Even then, he still knew a hell of a lot more about it than she did, and one would assume far more than anyone from this world would know. They're so confused they think darkness is an element, when it absolutely is not.

Honestly, the only thing I don't like about this manga is that the demon race seems to be powerful enough that they should have just rolled humanity over by now. Anything that could give what amounts to a Nasuverse mage a serious run for their money in a fight should be able to effectively conquer the entire planet of level 3 D&D wizards this setting seems to be comprised of. I assume there's more to it than what we've been shown, and some of the spoilers some novel readers have thrown around do suggest that there is in fact more to it than that.

To me, this is the weakest arc even in the novel. The main opponent in this arc is a joke, yet Sui Mei struggling so much due to his personality. And yes, for someone as powerful as Suimei, he jobbed a lot.

Fed-Kun's army
@Lord-Raine She actually can, this is the purpose behind a Feudal System. Do what I say unless you want to have a debate with a hundred men who will only speak in Swords, Spears, Arrows, Axes, Maces, and generally any form of violence. Now, sure, if you're some isekai protagonist with god blessings out the fucking ass and a writer with no sense of shame or restraint in making you balanced, you might wish to take me up on that argument. But assuming you aren't just a walking edgelord with plot armour, you might start to see things my way. That is what Authority is at the end of the day, not just doing what I want but making you do what I want or at least stopping you from interfering.

Double-page supporter
@Lord-Raine

Literally the only reason the Demons were unable to overrun everything already is because this world's magic system was fine-tuned to be most effective towards Demons, to the point that it drastically reduces efficiency literally everywhere else. They use the elements because going through those extra steps give them the blessing of the goddess, which means that effectively every spell they cast through the elements is 'Holy', which is super effective against Demons.

Dex-chan lover
"Suimei-dono, do you fight to return to your world?"
One of the few cases where the mc actually takes this seriously and not just something that gets mentioned in passing and then forgotten. He actually invents a magic circle to take him back to earth, along with a few of his companions(they come back though...).

Dex-chan lover
@Chizan
I can only think of Arifureta that also followed through with it. Most just end up using it as a springboard to launch the MC into action, then either forget it even exists once the plot can carry itself, or the series goes out with all of the other dads who went to get milk and cigarettes/gets axed.

Users who are viewing this thread