Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu o Mezasou - Ch. 30 - Raison D'être

Dex-chan lover
Lastiara is nothing more than the author's Mary Sue story device.

Godlike knowledge while pretending to be silly.
As someone already mentioned: no filter and therefore resulting in pushing conflict (which most people think is how story progresses), not to mention her status as the ultra princess which again is also a story device.

Her funny antics aside, which I have no problem with since comedy is my favorite genre, all I see in her dialog is: author's will.

Not very subtle and very distracting sadly.
Well, I don't read the novel so I don't know how it will unfold but from what we know it seem MC is pretty much get isekaied because of someone else, and that person want MC to conquer the labyrinth so it's kinda predetermine already. And Lastiara appear kinda sus from the first encounter, it seem like she can read a lot of info from her eye's ability ( maybe even more than MC's eye ).

And her environment suggest that despite she is insanely talented ( not just strength wise, just her disposition is 4, plus her eye's ability then it make her much more superior compare to others ) but have to live a sheltered life. I think it is understandable for her to be arrogant and reckless like that. I mean, if you are that much superior than others, it will be hard to not be arrogant, and growing up sheltered mean that she doesn't have much real life experience, meaning all her battle is more or less instructions or spars, no consequence for the loser ( unlike Kanami who is super careful and paranoia because he know that if he lose then there is a high chance he will just die ). Maybe that is why she didn't take the labyrinth serious yet, or should I say she still didn't learn the meaning of fear ( which Kanami learned from the 1st day ).

I don't like Dia because unlike Maria and Lastiara, she seem like she would not be able to survive without MC's help. Yeah, I can tolerate how she obsessed with sword and neglect her magic talent but after the chapter she just accepted the bet to sell her body if she lose for no reason at all make me just feel disgusted. Girl doesn't use her head at all. She seem almost like she was prepared for MC to help her to assist him, kind of like the member in the party of Kazuma in konosuba, like Megumi or Darkness, Aqua... those who appear to has immense talent but feel like they can't survive without MC's help at all and just exist to assist MC in his quest.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I don't read the novel so I don't know how it will unfold but from what we know it seem MC is pretty much get isekaied because of someone else, and that person want MC to conquer the labyrinth so it's kinda predetermine already. And Lastiara appear kinda sus from the first encounter, it seem like she can read a lot of info from her eye's ability ( maybe even more than MC's eye ).

And her environment suggest that despite she is insanely talented ( not just strength wise, just her disposition is 4, plus her eye's ability then it make her much more superior compare to others ) but have to live a sheltered life. I think it is understandable for her to be arrogant and reckless like that. I mean, if you are that much superior than others, it will be hard to not be arrogant, and growing up sheltered mean that she doesn't have much real life experience, meaning all her battle is more or less instructions or spars, no consequence for the loser ( unlike Kanami who is super careful and paranoia because he know that if he lose then there is a high chance he will just die ). Maybe that is why she didn't take the labyrinth serious yet, or should I say she still didn't learn the meaning of fear ( which Kanami learned from the 1st day ).

I don't like Dia because unlike Maria and Lastiara, she seem like she would not be able to survive without MC's help. Yeah, I can tolerate how she obsessed with sword and neglect her magic talent but after the chapter she just accepted the bet to sell her body if she lose for no reason at all make me just feel disgusted. Girl doesn't use her head at all. She seem almost like she was prepared for MC to help her to assist him, kind of like the member in the party of Kazuma in konosuba, like Megumi or Darkness, Aqua... those who appear to has immense talent but feel like they can't survive without MC's help at all and just exist to assist MC in his quest.
I'm not saying it's impossible to make up reasons for her existence.
(Hell some people write whole theses? On the most dumb characters/-decisions ever to make sense of their behavior, because accepting that the author needed a device is a big no-no for some people apparently)
The author clearly is above average and knows what they're doing. :salute:

I just find her obvious "device being" a little too on the nose. Which is no deal breaker by any means, it's just a little distracting to my immersion.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I look at their disposition, Maria’s is nowhere bad, she is almost comparable to the knight, it’s just MC and Lastiara are monster level.
Right. I mean, if 1.00 is "standard" attribute leveling (there is no indication that it is, just for the sake of argument) then she is just fine... for "normal".
This would be great if the MC's entire purpose was to hang out, level up, and be an adventurer. It isn't. He wants to go home, the sooner he gets to the bottom of the dungeon, the sooner that happens. To level Maria up to be on par with the other two, they would have to focus solely on leveling her up.

For a different manga this would be a great story. It's impractical for this particular one though.

Double-page supporter

As someone already mentioned: no filter and therefore resulting in pushing conflict (which most people think is how story progresses), not to mention her status as the ultra princess which again is also a story device.

Her funny antics aside, which I have no problem with since comedy is my favorite genre, all I see in her dialog is: author's will.

As a novel reader, you are so right on point about that. I want to spoil it so badly why she is like that in the first place, but everything about her will be explained later. Since the beginning her personality is bad, she never looks at someone in person, but from their story. Heck, the reason why she is interested in MC is because she is curious about what kind of life he will have.

Also she is not the one that creates conflict, it's already been there since the begin with. If Lastiara just shuts up and watches the story she loves so much, maybe in the next battle Maria will truly be hurt and Kanami is the one that needs to say it to her. She will enjoy it so much if that happens. But not, instead she is even trying to play the bad guy so Maria and Kanami's relationship does not get worse. Yeah, she is insane and has a bad personality, but still kind. Her limit line is death, as she hates death and thinks it is not a fun story involving death.

As a novel reader, you are so right on point about that. I want to spoil it so badly why she is like that in the first place, but everything about her will be explained later. Since the beginning her personality is bad, she never looks at someone in person, but from their story. Heck, the reason why she is interested in MC is because she is curious about what kind of life he will have.

Also she is not the one that creates conflict, it's already been there since the begin with. If Lastiara just shuts up and watches the story she loves so much, maybe in the next battle Maria will truly be hurt and Kanami is the one that needs to say it to her. She will enjoy it so much if that happens. But not, instead she is even trying to play the bad guy so Maria and Kanami's relationship does not get worse. Yeah, she is insane and has a bad personality, but still kind. Her limit line is death, as she hates death and thinks it is not a fun story involving death.
Give us some spoilers please. Given the wn is kinda long and no translator is ever gonna bother with it.

Dex-chan lover
No, this is an inevitable problem that can’t be ignore. Even if MC take it slow, it would only mean he try to fight low level monster with Maria and when the big one appear he would need to fight while defend her just like in This chapter. Lastiara is right, their disposition are too different, with each level they gain, the difference will just become wider. If she fight with MC in the labyrinth only for him take her to beat low level monster then MC is better go solo because he would be better that way. Someone who can fight together with MC is Lastiara level.

It’s sad but it’s the truth. They can help each other in battle, combine their power to fight stronger enemies and watch each other’s backs. And I think this is a good decision. Better than let maria died in the future.
Theres plenty of roles she can fulfil that arent throwing hands with the monsters wdym

Double-page supporter
Give us some spoilers please. Given the wn is kinda long and no translator is ever gonna bother with it.
I will not spoil the plot, but just their secrets.

Lastiara is only still 3 years old, and she just get outside for a few days (the same day she meets MC is the first time she goes outside). She is a homunculus and was created to be as perfect as possible, kind of like an artificial hero based on Saint Tiara 1000 years ago. You can say since her birth everything about her is artificial or fake, even small things like her love with heroes story.

Maria is the one who caused her village to be destroyed because of her eyes. Precisely, the village is just in a bad spot and her eyes just accelerating its destruction. That's why she has trauma from being left alone. She knows MC lied and hid a lot of things from her, but she just shut up because she doesn't want to be hated. She is also very jealous of Lastiara because of how perfect and artificial she is, she feels that Lastiara will take MC away.

Dia is an apostle reincarnation. There are a lot of stories of someone reincarnated into the future so you probably know the gist of it. But in Dia's case, they end up sharing consciousness. Apostle is a spoilerific thing, so I will not talk about it more.

The MC, Kanami is a kind person, but he needs someone to rely on him. He was a prodigy actor, but her sister was far more talented than him. Causing their parent to favor his sister more, which makes him hate his sister to the point he even thinks about killing her. In middle school, their parents are gone and his sister falls sick. So he changes from the ideal child for his parents to the ideal brother for his sister.

Also, you can read the novel translation in J Novel Club. It's already up to volume 8. I recommend reading it if you are so not patient enough for the manga, as it's still only in the middle of volume two.

I really love the novel cover. It's just like an anime op. A stupid big spoiler, but you don't understand anything so it's fine. Here is the image of cover volume 8:

t_700x780.jpg

Just a normal pair of siblings, gouging and eating each other heart.

Dex-chan lover
Meh, another chapter with the annoying plot device princess OP Mary Sue. Series really went downhill from the moment that beastgirl fangirl knight forced MC into duelling.

Dex-chan lover
But not, instead she is even trying to play the bad guy so Maria and Kanami's relationship does not get worse. Yeah, she is insane and has a bad personality, but still kind. Her limit line is death, as she hates death and thinks it is not a fun story involving death.
These last few sentences are the exact thought process of the author. :dogkek:

Oh god.. what if Lastiara isn't just the author's will... But their thoughts personified?! An absolutely scary word just rushed past my mind... Self-insert! :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Theres plenty of roles she can fulfil that arent throwing hands with the monsters wdym
baggage carrier? because thats what she seems to have the talent for and no healer needed really, we have a saint level healer resting and just waiting to come back afterall

Dex-chan lover

Lastiara is only still 3 years old, and she just get outside for a few days (the same day she meets MC is the first time she goes outside). She is a homunculus and was created to be as perfect as possible, kind of like an artificial hero based on Saint Tiara 1000 years ago. You can say since her birth everything about her is artificial or fake, even small things like her love with heroes story.

Maria is the one who caused her village to be destroyed because of her eyes. Precisely, the village is just in a bad spot and her eyes just accelerating its destruction. That's why she has trauma from being left alone. She knows MC lied and hid a lot of things from her, but she just shut up because she doesn't want to be hated. She is also very jealous of Lastiara because of how perfect and artificial she is, she feels that Lastiara will take MC away.

Dia is an apostle reincarnation. There are a lot of stories of someone reincarnated into the future so you probably know the gist of it. But in Dia's case, they end up sharing consciousness. Apostle is a spoilerific thing, so I will not talk about it more.

The MC, Kanami is a kind person, but he needs someone to rely on him. He was a prodigy actor, but her sister was far more talented than him. Causing their parent to favor his sister more, which makes him hate his sister to the point he even thinks about killing her. In middle school, their parents are gone and his sister falls sick. So he changes from the ideal child for his parents to the ideal brother for his sister.

Also, you can read the novel translation in J Novel Club. It's already up to volume 8. I recommend reading it if you are so not patient enough for the manga, as it's still only in the middle of volume two.

I really love the novel cover. It's just like an anime op. A stupid big spoiler, but you don't understand anything so it's fine. Here is the image of cover volume 8:

t_700x780.jpg

Kek, maybe his sister is the one behind it all to get him support her. I would not be surprised with how fuxk up in the head of the characters. Even MC seem like he has mental illness

Dex-chan lover
Right. I mean, if 1.00 is "standard" attribute leveling (there is no indication that it is, just for the sake of argument) then she is just fine... for "normal".
This would be great if the MC's entire purpose was to hang out, level up, and be an adventurer. It isn't. He wants to go home, the sooner he gets to the bottom of the dungeon, the sooner that happens. To level Maria up to be on par with the other two, they would have to focus solely on leveling her up.

For a different manga this would be a great story. It's impractical for this particular one though.
the problem is he can't go faster at the moment, remember the fire lady that is asking him to teach her love, he also got the big ass fight before, so he knows the level of the dungeon bosses and he is nowhere near that at the moment, so grinding is his best choice atm.

t_700x780.jpg

holy shit that's a lot to unfold, but thanks a bunch, and helps to understand more why Lastaria is like it is. (specially to the one commenting she is a mary sue...super on point)

Dex-chan lover
the problem is he can't go faster at the moment, remember the fire lady that is asking him to teach her love, he also got the big ass fight before, so he knows the level of the dungeon bosses and he is nowhere near that at the moment, so grinding is his best choice atm.
I mean... True, but if it's similar to video game logic: grinding low-level things will help far less than grinding similar-level stuff. To help Maria out he would have to grind things at a far lower level than if he wasn't helping her.
While I'm sure it isn't equivalent, think about MMO games like WoW. In that, someone of a significant skill "level" difference gains nothing while helping someone at a much lower level. Regardless of whether he gains 'nothing' or just 'very little' if the point is grinding so that he can advance, helping her is a hindrance to him.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that he shouldn't help her. What I am saying is that to satisfy his purpose helping her is a detrement.

Dex-chan lover
There's nothing wrong. Lastiara is just telling the truth. The way the MC are doing things is also just sugar coating, even he knows that slow and steady will be futile and it'll get worse if Maria realized it too late and will hurt her more. Idk how they will proceed but I don't like Lastiara either as a character. I don't see her as the female lead at all but rather an annoyance who always tries to wriggle her way in on the MC's pov for attention.

Currently, I dislike her. I hope there was a catch to her personality tho.

By nature, her character is literally the opposite of a Mary Sue. All the flaws you mentioned completely contradict that, plus she's only been really involved in the story for a couple of chapters and she's only been fighting for like, 2 chapters, so you can't say that for sure yet. Not to mention she is literally the hero so it makes sense she's as strong as she is.

Dex-chan lover
By nature, her character is literally the opposite of a Mary Sue. All the flaws you mentioned completely contradict that, plus she's only been really involved in the story for a couple of chapters and she's only been fighting for like, 2 chapters, so you can't say that for sure yet. Not to mention she is literally the hero so it makes sense she's as strong as she is.
Weird how the novel readers agreed with me... ¯\(ツ)

Users who are viewing this thread