Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu o Mezasou

Dex-chan lover
Funny that manga's story better that in LN.
I started to read 2nd Volume and so far in manga fights and abilities were better made compare to LN descriptions. Fight with octopus much better made with usage ice magic that in LN he is just using sword without any flashy magic.
There are some another moment like when he used Dimension ability to pick up falling dishes, there are no such moment in LN.

And a lot more moments where manga made better story-telling rather LN that supposed to be original source.

That's really rare case I'd say.

Double-page supporter
So I read on NovelUpdates that from Vol. 3 onwards, it turns really dark and edgy. Is this true, if so, would someone not mind spoiling the general details of it so I can decide if it's really worth the read?

@SirTropical

It's sort of edgy, I guess. Actually, it's more like the author tries to be edgy but is afraid to go all the way. For example, every character ends up losing body parts permanently like their last name is Skywalker but then they just instantly get bionic replacements that, despite being stated to be inferior, never seem to affect their actions at all.

But the main problem in my opinion is that the writing just goes to shit. It seems to me that the author never really bothered planning the story out even when it came to the light novel and by Vol 3 the plot twists just reached a sort of critical point of ridiculousness that I lost all interest in the story. Also, every time a new haremette gets introduced the oldest one gets shelved, which probably says something about the author's ability to write interpersonal relations. Dia more or less disappears from the story after Vol 1.

I know I'm late for three years, but I will reply anyway. It's true that volume 3 has the worst cliffhanger ending. But I recommend reading up to volume 6. This novel is slow burn masterpiece.

I dropped the novel after volume 3 and picked it up again after a while. Volume 4 is disgusting to read. But volume 5 is where the MC's situation gets better. And volume 6 is really wholesome, the MC literally being in the same problem when he was in volume 3, but clearly makes better decisions. Maybe because it's adapted from a web novel, so you need to read it fully in one arc.

I know it's high investment, but I can assure you it's a really good read. For me, volume 6 erases all the bad things in volume 3 and makes it beautiful. It's like everything that happens, whether it's good or bad, leads to a nice conclusion. Well, you can also say the author planning too much in the future chapters without thinking how horrible it is if you read it in the middle.

Also if you are reading more, I feel like that's how the author's writing style. I mean volume 3 is basically the prologue, it only covers the true trial of the 10th floor. I dropped this novel a lot, but when I picked it up again it always became so wholesome. The final arc of this series feels more depressing than Oyasumi Punpun or Houseki no Kuni, but turns out the be the most wholesome ending I ever read in fiction.

The themes of this story are
"Trial is a blessing" (given to make you stronger). Which is actually kind of bullshit, even the story itself or most of the characters say 'It's true but only applies to people with strong hearts'.Trial is the core of this story, all floor guardians have their own trial. Basically, you suffer right now, but hey, you will get stronger by it.
"Don't run away from reality." (despite how messed up is) Kind of classic. But it's more like "Don't erase your own mistakes or don't choose the easy path." There is even a question like "if you can go to isekai, reincarnated, or regression to the past. Will you abandon your life right now?" Basically, life is hard, but hey, don't commit suicide.
"For you who is unrewarded." The best theme of this story. Most characters are people who try their best but still get nothing in their lives. But if you try hard enough, you will get it.

It's not that deep. it's basically like Saturday Morning Cartoon where the message is, "Don't give up and keep living. Surely you will be stronger and get what you wish for." It's just a wholesome story with an optimistic view. But the author really knows how to write a disgusting, depressive, and hopelessly dark scenario. I don't know if he is aware of it or not. He even comments the reason he wrote this novel is to give the power to survive for the people like him who want to die. Which is how it feels like in the end. But man, do you really read your own novel in the middle part?

Also about the heroine changes in the story. It's not like they are forgotten, but some arcs are just in different settings. I know that feeling tough. My favorite arc is when Kanami is with Liner (the boy from that wacky party he saves). It's because Kanami can be more blunt and honest with Liner. They basically argue about which one should sacrifice themselves, the younger brother or the elder brother. It's sad to see he has less screen time after that. But in the final arc, everyone has their own portion.

Also I love the mysteries. The foreshadowing and plot seem so random and don't make any sense at first. But it's really good when you read it to the end. To motivate you to read it, here are some vague spoilers:
The story is actually more focused on what happened 1000 years ago than the present, Kanami's wish has nothing to do with his sister, and the miracle on the deepest floor is a scam.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
this manga is good as hell when the main character struggle to stand and survive. later on he take it easy, boring

This series is fantastic, I've only read up to Volume 8 of the LN since that's the most that's been officially translated, but I love it. Really hope the manga starts coming out more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread