Isekai Metaller - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
This metal vs. rock discussion is quite silly: as the guitarist of Love Händel said "it's all blues anyway"

I had to double check Wikipedia to see if that is true & funnily enough, he’s right. Now I don’t want to start a debate about Mötley Crüe but personally they lean more towards hard rock with glam. Disagree with me if you want but it’s good music that we can all enjoy (as do I). Thanks for the translations.
motley crue has been toeing the line on genres for a while, but they are still a very unmistakably Rock band, although a few of their songs fall more into metal...
also these guys really need a drummer and bassist then, they'll make a proper band, because no matter how good of guitars you have you need a balance or else it will be lacking.

This metal vs. rock discussion is quite silly: as the guitarist of Love Händel said "it's all blues anyway"
lol, they need a bassist and a drummer to make a proper band, so if they are all from different genres you could have a jazz bassist and a blues drummer that would be cool i think

NIB

Dex-chan lover
“Just like what you like bro.”
My man Alex can understand music, he's a total composer.

And jazz, but you're right. Motorhead played loud blues, Meshuggah and Tool play loud Jazz and Motley Crue plays pop songs with distorted guitars.

Dex-chan lover
Going off of the disagreement from the two, I've never understood music genres. In fact I've never understood any media genres. They're all so vague and arbitrarily defined. I know from English literature history there is so SO much history of gatekeeping and elitism and what is "real literature" and constantly changing the names and lines of genres to sound more official and be taken more seriously (specifically with speculative fiction), but I've always just been like... yeah I'm gonna enjoy what I enjoy. Just give me a synposis or let me listen to the first minute. Not like the genre alone gives me a good idea if I'll like or dislike again (at least for me).

I at least could never imagine so vehemently writing off X genre or people that enjoy it. Certainly not to the level of an "all fans of X music are Y personality". And I don't really care to argue over what genre a certain band or music is in.

Users who are viewing this thread