Isekai Metaller

Aggregator gang
I haven't read the manga yet, but I did want to point out that the cover image is clearly inspired by Yngwie Malmsteen's "Fire and Ice" album

61B-df3jSKL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

51c65265-6714-47f9-9ce3-53bc5da53f3b.jpg.512.jpg

Not really surprising since Yngwie is huge in Japan particularly in the 80's and 90's. The only major differences between the images are that the trail surrounding the person on the manga cover is made of lightning and not fire and the manga character seems to be sporting a Flying V guitar and not Yngwie's standard Stratocaster.

Actually, if you want to get into Yngwie's music, Fire and Ice is decent starting point since the album contains both the Neoclassical/Power Metal music Yngwie pioneered.

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Perpetual"

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Final Curtain"

As well as the atmospheric glam metal influences found his last album, Eclipse, which would probably be easier for most to get into before delving into the Bach-worship.

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Cry No More"

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Teaser"

I will also advise to exercise caution when looking into Yngwie's output from 2012 onward as the guitarist (being the ego-driven person that goes through lead singers like someone with a cold goes through tissues) elected to provide lead vocals himself, and let's just say, diplomatically, that the man sounds like an autotuned Left 4 Dead zombie.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Probably enjoyable for the metalheads. Otherwise it's another generic isekai with overpowered MC from chapter 1. Art isn't anything special either.

Another isekai but metal and the MC isn't a wet diaper? Not a fan of him being level 999 right off the bat but okay let him cook

metal and manga was the last thing i expected to see and i love it sooooooooooooo much \m/

Dex-chan lover
Isekai metaller is one of the most retarded titles ive ever heard, change it back

Dex-chan lover
592x592bb.webp

07a56e19-a446-4e3d-b257-67c562ee6377.jpg.512.jpg

I haven't read the manga yet, but I did want to point out that the cover image is clearly inspired by Yngwie Malmsteen's "Fire and Ice" album

61B-df3jSKL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

51c65265-6714-47f9-9ce3-53bc5da53f3b.jpg.512.jpg

Not really surprising since Yngwie is huge in Japan particularly in the 80's and 90's. The only major differences between the images are that the trail surrounding the person on the manga cover is made of lightning and not fire and the manga character seems to be sporting a Flying V guitar and not Yngwie's standard Stratocaster.

Actually, if you want to get into Yngwie's music, Fire and Ice is decent starting point since the album contains both the Neoclassical/Power Metal music Yngwie pioneered.

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Perpetual"

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Final Curtain"

As well as the atmospheric glam metal influences found his last album, Eclipse, which would probably be easier for most to get into before delving into the Bach-worship.

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Cry No More"

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Teaser"

I will also advise to exercise caution when looking into Yngwie's output from 2012 onward as the guitarist (being the ego-driven person that goes through lead singers like someone with a cold goes through tissues) elected to provide lead vocals himself, and let's just say, diplomatically, that the man sounds like an autotuned Left 4 Dead zombie.
We need audiophiles and metalheads to catch as many references as possible. Like (alt/grunge) rock fans with green yuri The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't A Guy At All (plus official and unofficial Spotify and Apple Music playlists). Or translators with the jrock album covers in the two Bocchi the Rock manga. Jojo's probably too, but it's so on the nose already. It's a fun way to get recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread