Isekai Monster Breeder - Vol. 6 Ch. 79

Dex-chan lover
Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply. Like I mentioned in the previous post, it felt like a lot of other stuff was set up that never came into fruition, so I thought that maybe it was addressed in the light novel. I guess that either the light novel was axed or that the author axed it himself and wanted to move on to other projects.
like some already said, its author self"axe" and not axed by other be it publisher or mangaka, this author already had this issue with his other work so when you try reading the series from this author expect this kind of ending no matter how promising the starting premise

Dex-chan lover
Besides that a few minor things like a beach episode.
Skipping a beach episode? Is that legal? No matter how pointless or useless they are, they're always crammed into the story because they just have to be there.

Dex-chan lover
tfw I'm reading other works by this author and those already reach a stall point and took a nosedive drip in quality.

Dex-chan lover
vt80sby4v7h81.jpg

Damn. It wasn't the most original of stories but it had the potential to be really good. If only it established rules for his power, developed the various relationships or in general took its time with the story....

Still, it was enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
Woah, this was rushed as hell, with lots of plot holes and asspulls by the end.

Now, to the next isekai I go!

Dex-chan lover
damn. what a rushed, forced ending. no explanation no flashback nothing on how he was somehow the demon king before and we just have to believe that? the book probably had a lot more in depth but i suspect the manga got the axe for not being as popular

Dex-chan lover
According to the translation of the novel you can find on NovelUpdates, this was neither axed as a comic, nor axed as a novel.
This chapter is exactly the epilogue of the novel, no more no less.

And I swear, people are going to call axe even on a 500+ chapters work. Give it an "end" tag and someone will say "axed????".

This was actually a good ending for this kind of comic: all mysteries were solved; no cliffhanger to suggest a possible sequel with a bigger bad; those who left have returned.
I enjoyed this comic, even if the story is ok at best, the characters are not memorable and the translation was shoddy most of the time.
When an ending is that obviously rushed, people are gonna think axed, because that's what has happened in 99% of axed novels. Think for a moment, will ya?

Group Leader
When an ending is that obviously rushed, people are gonna think axed, because that's what has happened in 99% of axed novels. Think for a moment, will ya?
Maybe not everything with a rushed ending is an axe. Maybe it's the author that can't write an ending, which according to other users it's exactly what happened here. Maybe an ending after 75 chapters published across several years is not an axe despite the awful ending. Think for a moment, will ya?

Dex-chan lover
If people don't like the ending, or whatever it happen toward the end of it, rushed or not, people gonna think is axed, even if that ending was planned or not

Beside, people really like to give some arbitrary ass number and call "axe", on novels that someone wrote on their free time, then the published version (Light Novel) was just a copy paste from start to finish, with the same shit ending that no one tried to fix, thats just the author being bored of its story and moving out of it, which is what happen in the majority of the "axed" novels that are WN first before LN, which is the case from this author

Dex-chan lover
According to the translation of the novel you can find on NovelUpdates, this was neither axed as a comic, nor axed as a novel.
This chapter is exactly the epilogue of the novel, no more no less.

And I swear, people are going to call axe even on a 500+ chapters work. Give it an "end" tag and someone will say "axed????".

This was actually a good ending for this kind of comic: all mysteries were solved; no cliffhanger to suggest a possible sequel with a bigger bad; those who left have returned.
I enjoyed this comic, even if the story is ok at best, the characters are not memorable and the translation was shoddy most of the time.

so it didn't get axed but it did feel rushed, she calls him maou once, 70 chapters later he is maou, from random dude having some random isekai adventure to he is the soul of the demonlord reincarnated somehow now jsut flies a castle high enough to be in heaven so the goddess just one shots him. it's fine if its the end its just not narratively satisfying!

Dex-chan lover
Okay ... this is done?

So final stats:
  • Number of Chapters: 79
  • Harem members: 4 ... or was it 5
  • Number of Tamed Monsters: ... a lot
  • Number of times smashed (total): ... Yuri counts so .... a lot
  • Number of Times Smashed as a Guy: 0 ... so virginity intact? Even with a succubus on the team ... SMH.
  • Level of enjoyment: ... middling

Dex-chan lover
Maybe not everything with a rushed ending is an axe. Maybe it's the author that can't write an ending, which according to other users it's exactly what happened here. Maybe an ending after 75 chapters published across several years is not an axe despite the awful ending. Think for a moment, will ya?
I'll shoot that right back at you- THINK for a moment about how inoften a rushed ending is NOT the result of a story being axed and instead simply being poorly written. Usually those shitty stories end up getting axed (oh gee!) before they even reach the ending, or the author, now better than they were when they wrote the original WN, can fix the ending pacing for the adaptation, which also happens a lot of the time! It's only a vanishingly few that make it all the way to the actual ending, rush the ending, and don't rush it because it's axed, but because of bad writing.

Group Leader
I'll shoot that right back at you- THINK for a moment about how inoften a rushed ending is NOT the result of a story being axed and instead simply being poorly written. Usually those shitty stories end up getting axed (oh gee!) before they even reach the ending, or the author, now better than they were when they wrote the original WN, can fix the ending pacing for the adaptation, which also happens a lot of the time! It's only a vanishingly few that make it all the way to the actual ending, rush the ending, and don't rush it because it's axed, but because of bad writing.
I agree with you, but that does not excuse people to call "axe" on everything with an ending they don't feel satisfied with.
If I have to think about terrible tales getting canceled earlier and authors having to rush an ending, then so people must think about whether or not a 75 chapters long work is really an axe, before spewing nonsense.

I'm tired of reading the comment section and seeing "axed?????????????" whenever a "strange" chapter drops. Nothing is an axe until it is confirmed by the publisher; everything else is speculation and makes you look dumb.
Is the ending rushed? Is it a terrible ending? Regardless of these factors, we as readers should stop assuming "axes" unless the publishers officially slaps a "cancelled" status on the work.
Works can be made to end earlier because of low sales, that is true today more than ever with how the market is so saturated with new authors, but to assume everything ending before an arbitrary large number of chapters and/or has a wonky end is an axe, is absolutely wrong and only shows shallowness in your thoughts... or some kind of PTSD from reading too many low-sales works, but that is on you to overcome your trauma, leave us alone to enjoy our endings, however terrible they are.

Dex-chan lover
Interest concept, sort of a tamer and bioengineering, mind control and body swap with controlled creatures or beings and a lot of yuri segs. Although didn't like forced feminisation, I'll give it a somewhat positive score.

As for it being "axed", the worldbuilding just doesn't seem to have space for the story to continue further and looks like it's complete as it is...

Group Leader
The true treasure was not the journey but the mentally enslaved friends we sent to their death along the way.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, if the OG Author didn't bother fixing the ending when the WN got published as a LN, do you really think it would actually bother with fixing it years later after this was adapted to manga until it ended?, it didn't bother with previous adaptations, it wasn't going to bother with this one, probably won't bother with the next one to end either, whoever the endings are, it was the ending for the Author and it didn't look back, specially not when it finished like 3-4 years before it got adapted, once it become a LN and then adapted, looking stuff like this is more on the Editors to not let this kind of thing pass and giving the ok, this is just purely bad writing and not fully committing to your work

Beside, how often are OG Authors actually involved in manga adaptations, probably not as often or as much as you think they are, specially not this one when is writing that many other works at once to bother with an adaptation of an old finished work between many of their other works that are being adapted, adaptations purely coming from WN, probably authors are more involved and can change more stuff since a WN is still more of a "draft"

This is a thing too, with many adaptations and people calling "axe" on them, but they tend to forget that many of those ones, start and are used purely because of promo motives for their respective LN, bound to end early from the start after adapting their given milestone, or there is the rare case where the manga end up being more important than the source, obviously there is those that actually do get the axe for various motives

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this. I enjoyed this early on there was some real potential with his powers in the setting

It may have ended up basically just rushed smut but that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread