Isekai Monster Breeder - Vol. 6 Ch. 79

Dex-chan lover
And I swear, people are going to call axe even on a 500+ chapters work. Give it an "end" tag and someone will say "axed????".

This was actually a good ending for this kind of comic: all mysteries were solved; no cliffhanger to suggest a possible sequel with a bigger bad; those who left have returned.
Sure, someone will always think it's axed, but in this case I think it's legitimate. It feels rushed, at a faster pace than the rest of the series, some things that don't seem to be explained well enough (and I'm usually very lenient on that) and suddenly just appear, an "but now I must leave" ending for the main-ish girl that quickly turns into an "actually not". In short, the ending feels insubstantial compared to what you can expect from the series.

I enjoyed this comic, even if the story is ok at best, the characters are not memorable and the translation was shoddy most of the time.
Yeah, overall it's decent enough to read, with characters who, while not exactly unique, are for the most part likeable.

Dex-chan lover
Not axed, this is pretty much the WN and LN ending, the manga is a complete adaptation, the ending was this fucking bad the WN translator made a fanfic ending (155 in Novelupdates is a fanfic, 154 is the epilogue, LN had nothing else)

Though technically chapter 78 is the actual "ending" here and chapter 79 is an extra chapter for the manga which should be 78.5 instead

Author did pretty much the same with a different work, Humans are the Strongest Race, got to the point where it just rushed a last arc for the sake of ending and be done with it, which got a complete adaptation too, and then there is Skill Taker that have lasted longer despite the WN starting around the same time as the other 2

Will be a miracle if Skill Taker have a good ending, same goes for Magician of the Inferior Eyes
This author has the habit of starting new series when he's not finished with his previous one and ended up with a rushed ending to get over it asap. He have commitment issues it seems.

Dex-chan lover
well finally it ended. was a good concept, but author didn't know how to use it. (or got bored with it)

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap these last 5 chapters are terrible. If it wasn't the end, I would have definitely dropped it a few chapters ago.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this manga wet from interesting to lulling to an utter disappointment.

Dex-chan lover
If it wasn't an axe then he sure wanted to just finish things off real quick. A few characters were barely given a single panel of screentime in the last few chapters and the goddess having to leave only to come back for a single page happy ending. Not the worst ending but certainly feels rushed, especially the random mention of him being the previous demon lord despite not being from that world.

Dex-chan lover
This author has the habit of starting new series when he's not finished with his previous one and ended up with a rushed ending to get over it asap. He have commitment issues it seems.
Yeah, definitely commitment issues, with how many stuff author have going at the same time, and how many had a terrible rushed ending, since this isn't the 1st or 2nd time it happen with the endings, makes you wonder which work is the author current focus, because everything is so spaced out, specially when it get to the point where manga is ahead of the source (like Magician of the Inferior Eyes currently is, with manga since a while already passing the latest LN Volume being 6)

In the end the manga adaptations end up suffering from this, WN/LN ending rushed, and manga having nothing to do, unless they go original to try and fix this (like Isekai Elf no Dorei-chan did, another work from this author, that novel actually didn't finish, got deleted and manga went original route)

Dex-chan lover
VERY rushed ending as it felt like a ton of other stuff was set up, like the other countries, but never happened. It definitely got the axe, but at least we can say that it felt like an ending with conclusion.
This was the ending in the light novel. No axe.
Was there arcs that were skipped over in the manga compared to the LN?

Dex-chan lover
¿wtf kind of bullshit lame ending was this?, all these past chapters have been utter trash everything rushed, ignoring everything they've built for the entire manga

Aggregator gang
Not axed, this is pretty much the WN and LN ending, the manga is a complete adaptation, the ending was this fucking bad the WN translator made a fanfic ending (155 in Novelupdates is a fanfic, 154 is the epilogue, LN had nothing else)

Though technically chapter 78 is the actual "ending" here and chapter 79 is an extra chapter for the manga which should be 78.5 instead

Author did pretty much the same with a different work, Humans are the Strongest Race, got to the point where it just rushed a last arc for the sake of ending and be done with it, which got a complete adaptation too, and then there is Skill Taker that have lasted longer despite the WN starting around the same time as the other 2

Will be a miracle if Skill Taker actually have a "good" ending, same goes for Magician of the Inferior Eyes, or any other of the author current works
author is just throwing shit at the wall and looking for what sticks

Contributor
VERY rushed ending as it felt like a ton of other stuff was set up, like the other countries, but never happened. It definitely got the axe, but at least we can say that it felt like an ending with conclusion.

Was there arcs that were skipped over in the manga compared to the LN?
A few things. The biggest skip I think was MC and Roth traveling to Roth's former boss's lair to tell her that Roth wanted to be under Caroline now and there being a big fight. Besides that a few minor things like a beach episode.

Dex-chan lover
A few things. The biggest skip I think was MC and Roth traveling to Roth's former boss's lair to tell her that Roth wanted to be under Caroline now and there being a big fight. Besides that a few minor things like a beach episode.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply. Like I mentioned in the previous post, it felt like a lot of other stuff was set up that never came into fruition, so I thought that maybe it was addressed in the light novel. I guess that either the light novel was axed or that the author axed it himself and wanted to move on to other projects.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread