Isekai ni Tobasareta Ossan wa Doko e Iku? - Ch. 27 - Ossan Fishing in the Ocean

Dex-chan lover
@Kisato
Yep, this guy is still in denial that he craves battles.

Also, this MC does not know what merchant means.

- "I need money because I am in debt, so lets get the crystals i burried."
- Crystals were taken already.
- Finds out they were sold illegally*
- "They were sold for defense strengthening?"
- "Keep my money, I dont need it".

Its your own money that they practically stole from you. They owe you that money. Go be a fucking merchant and collect your money.

But no, this guy gives it all to them, just because they gave a vague excuse. MC should go turn in his license.

If he was not interested in the money, why make it such a big deal? Why inconvenience yourself even more, going so far as having to break one of your own rules even, just because.... I don't even know.

If you wanted to garner favor with the city government, collect your income, pay off your debt, then give the rest to them. They already owe you anyways. They would already be considered lucky to be able to keep anything in the first place.

Ok the MC is just Stupid and a motherf*cker
This time we pass the bullsh*t border
Now we have good Isekai and SoujoIsekai ( The Lady's Spaceship is nice) that is no more the norm to "be nice"

Dex-chan lover
Does nobody ask about why he's talking to himself since they can't see the floating ball?

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck.He nearly died fighting those hobgoblins. Those guy, who took the crystals needed those crystals, but they do have money! Even if they can't pay him out right now, he should have made them at least shoulder his debts. It moved way past the point, where I can empathize with MC. This guy is destroying his own life. And not even for a good reason or the bigger good. Strengthening the city, okay. Doing it for free, when they could effort to compensate him without any drawbacks for him. No.

Everyone complaining about MC not getting his crystals and whatnot, I think it was more of a power move than being spineless. The nuance is important in this situation.
1) He talked directly to the guy in charge. This is important.
2) Guy in charge clearly knows he wronged Takuma, Takuma knows that he knows that he owes Takuma. Now Takuma has more power in this relationship.
3) Takuma broke his own rule. Could this be bad? Yes. Has he made other mistakes? Yes. A rookie merchant can make a good move here and there, but he's still a rookie. I think he's slowly improving though.

MC in this isn't some perfect godlike being, just a really powerful human. And humans make decisions that aren't always good for them. They have flaws.

Dex-chan lover
@Fro5tburn
You're thinking too deeply about this. Takuma doesn't think ahead. He's just a genuine nice guy who doesn't want to cause conflicts. It's just his personality, you know this from the previous chapters. He does something nice and then regrets it. That's just what he does.

Group Leader
I know that hypocrisy is something that comes with adulthood (I'm one, everyone is too, whoever denies it is a hypocrit too), but man, this MC is taking it to the next level, he can just do whatever he wants and rationalize it afterwards instead of going against his own desires under some principles that he's changing anyway, even the yellow ball is calling him out on his bullshit.

i won't fight, but if my blabla is hurt, it's different matter, man this guy can just make up any excuse so he can start fighting anyway, so why botheR?

Pretty sure the author just wants this to be a battle manga and uses "merchant" as a thinly veiled excuse to have it stand out. I like this series so far and all, but Takuma really doesn't do anything merchant-like. He's just too wishy-washy with everything at the moment, and constantly flip-flopping. Really, he's more of a wandering adventurer who dabbles in the idea of being a merchant than anything else; at least at the present time. Even the idea of accessing items from our world seems to only serve the purpose of a deus ex machina -- or to show how "advanced" we are. I guess it's possible that it's a medium for the author to show off his hobbies, too? I've read others mention that, but I'm not sure I'd agree.

Double-page supporter
this story was lame from the start, and just has gotten steadily worse

Dex-chan lover
sometimes i wonder what's going on in MC's head...

from what ch is Meyers from again?

Dex-chan lover
@wolvenworks i think he was the mage that was working with the town lord's son to kidnap people. mc fought him in the basement, chopped of his hand, and the hand ran away. unless i'm confusing it with another series.

also i'm still not clear what was the point of spreading rumors that mc is a bad guy. it don't remember it doing anything useful.

Fed-Kun's army
The mc confuses me. At some points he gives fuck all about the people against him and at some points he’s too passive. WHAT IS THIS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT????

"Since you've taken the liberty of stealing my magic stones, I will not save this city from the ogre invasion, good bye." - If the MC was petty, which I would have liked to see tbh.

If they took his magic stones to bolster the defences he should just treat it as his contribution to the fight against the ogre squad and leave it at that.

I still don't understand why he needed people to spread bad stories about him. Can someone explain to me why?

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch yeah i never really get why'd mc ask to have infamy instead.and right now he's looking like a guy that just made a terrible life decision. like, i would know that; i make terrible life decisions ALL the time. kinda getting a heart-to-heart feel here

Thank you translator for exposing what tableware is, without I was clueless at to what these strange pointed sticks were.

Users who are viewing this thread