Isekai ni Tobasareta Ossan wa Doko e Iku? - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Ossan Motorbiking In The Other World

@Aretheus it's funny how you mention loan sharks, because those are illegal. So if a loan shark was doing this IRL and you straight up murdered him then you'd be fine. As others have noted as well, this is in a world where there's kings and nobles, aka people "chosen by god" to rule. The only reason the king stays in power is because of the army, the only reason that a merchant is able to enslave a bunch of children is because he's bribed the right people.

In other isekais this would have ended with them sneaking into their house in the middle of the night and threatening his life to back the fuck off. Not saying every isekai should be the same, but the MC seems braindead when they try and solve the conflict by giving in to unreasonable demands. Like this case with the boa scales, how does the MC know they'll actually be reasonable and say "oh wow, I've got my money now guess I won't get the only hot spring/bath in the area and the child slaves." I'm sure if wise-evil-old-merchant-man didn't show up then within the next month the merchant would've sent some people to rough up the MC to guarantee he won't get any more money to save the orphanage.

If a single scale from that basilisk is enough to pay off a long delayed high interest loan on a land deed, doesn't the entire snake, much less two of them, essentially mean he can afford to buy this entire area from the king or something? It's been established that the last lord is dead right?

Seriously, even if Slaver McEvilface is doing things totally legally, how can he possibly outbid MC in any actual vetted transaction?

On the one hand, he is dumb as fuck, as much if not more so than most teenager MC's

On the other, you have plenty of people in these comments totally okay with the merchant who openly wants to enslave orphaned children so I say kill'em all, tear down the nobility, it always happens sooner or later anyways

Fed-Kun's army
That four-eyes needs to have his family fed to him through a straw.

Beardy merchant dude is very wise in the ways of business and capitalization.

The MC is an idiot better suited to being an adverturer than a merchant.

@Capitaininvictus You and I are of the same mind on the subject of nobility.

@duodecimus The local landholder is still alive and kicking. He was under house arrest by his son who pretty much ruined the house finances and did a serious number on the local economy.

This fucking dumbfuck, he couldn't even use the most basic ability any isekai mofo has on his own shit

Hmmmm, they know they have limited time, and they spending time chatting on campfire...
I don't know how far they are from the village, but they hunt at noon, say that they depart at morning, should they able to return to the village by midnight at least??
They didn't even sleep right? So why chatting?? Dumbasses

The Mc is kinda dumb, he has infinite magical power yet he doesn't even take advantage of it or utilize properly.

Users who are viewing this thread