Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Flora, Oni Maids, and Cows

Dex-chan lover
Come to think of it, these girls must have fairly low fertility to have not all been knocked up by his "healthy" baby batter yet.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus christ he must be able to get a lot of food. Even with a farm that size, he'd need to be able to get a shit ton to feed a hundred peeps

So they're called Inferno Wolves? Wonder what's so special about them besides their intelligence.

Double-page supporter
So the info about the Kuros being "Inferno Wolves" validates a previous theory found on the comment section of a previous chapter, it seems like the animals (besides the cows) are all monsters and the MCs wish for "peace" makes everyone under his command a peaceful being, this also explains how 100+ women are able to live in close proximity without some UFC level fights lmao

Banned
@Glomoro : They're not human. I'd imagine the odds of successfully producing hybrids with other humanoid races are considerably lower than successfully breeding with a human female would be.

Either that or it is just the hentai protagonist's blessing / curse : He can keep going for hours, but most of what he fires are blanks.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto Well, that too but I meant as far as their species go to begin with. You often see that baked into the settings for ones with races like Elves to make things balance out with how long they can live. There's some serious overpopulation concerns if they have human levels of fertility but live for over a thousand years each on average.

Banned
@Glomoro : Yeah, they do like that sort of thing. Kinda shows that most fantasy authors don't really understand genetics nor evolution.

Fun Fact #1 : Generational turnover has a much higher selective priority than long lifespan. Living longer and breeding less is just bottlenecking genetic perpetuation, and only really comes about if the complexity of the lifeform (which requires long gestation periods and thus longer lifespan) provides enough competitive advantage to compensate for the lower spread. Simply put... elves are highly unnatural.

Fun Fact #2 : The only physical limitation on breeding frequency in real-life organisms tends to be resource cost. i.e. How much of the body has to be used up to generate a child and bring it to adulthood. Given elves have almost identical bodies to humans, there is no biological reason why their reproductive rate would be any lower than a human's... well, unless I suppose they had some necessary difference in their diets that gave them super magic powers or whatever at the cost of being exceptionally rare... but I can't imagine that ever being advantageous enough to spread to fixation given the obvious downside.

Sorry about this. I tend to overthink these things a lot.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto It's fine. But I'd say those kinds of settings aren't that way because the authors don't understand genetics and evolution, but rather they're probably willfully ignoring them. They have a pretty perfect opportunity to just go "because the god that made them says so," or "it's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit." Most of these sorts of settings draw a lot of inspiration from at least things that also drew from Lord of the Rings or D&D, which itself drew from LOTR. When you can do something that doesn't make much sense but blame it on a bunch of powerful beings doing whatever they want with their little toybox of a planet, you might as well. It opens a lot of doors for writing fantastical things without having to go too deep into explaining them all logically.

It can also be fun when someone writes a fantasy setting but does go out of their way to explain things logically, it's just harder to do. That's when you'll get all kinds of letters or emails from readers like "That's not how that works," like the sci fi authors probably do. I really don't envy people writing that stuff, the amount of shit they must catch over the science in their stuff. Oof.

Banned
@Glomoro : I can't imagine anyone who actually knows how it works ever pretending not to. I'm still guessing it is in the "don't know, don't care" sort of category for them.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto I dunno, think of it like people declaring something as part of their personal "headcanon." They might know exactly how the series is supposed to go, but they also might think it would have been so much better if it went differently. Or a detail was never explained at all, so a fan theory about it can become headcanon. You're either willfully ignoring what the author wanted to do, or you're supplementing it where they never felt like bothering. I think it'd be similar to that.

Double-page supporter
So many girls! MC's going to need to take a census now to keep track of everyone.

Dex-chan lover
you know a harem should have an upper limit

and why is everyone moving there? sure the elf ladys have a reason but why the other ru and tia? or flora?

Why does everyone faint when they see zabuton, are they afraid of the damn big spider??

Users who are viewing this thread