Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

@Valathos I don't get it, why? They asked a legit question that seems fine to me. A little snark, but nothing really inflammatory there.

Fed-Kun's army
The user seems to be criticizing coffee flannels rather than the scanlation work. Not like I care about who you block tho, kinda weird ngl.

Fed-Kun's army
It's really weird when scanlators block users and then try to show it off. Like, what are you trying to prove? If someone is annoying you block them, but showing that you blocked them to everyone reading the manga to show how right you are and how wrong they are is just gross.

Especially when all they did wrong was just not know what something is. All you had to do is respond with "yeah it's a coffee flannel, not a funnel, this is what they look like."

All the more so when you're actually technically wrong, because nobody calls them "coffee flannels" in English, it's called a coffee sleeve or a coffee cozy, and if it happens to be made out of flannel it's a flannel coffee cozy but "coffee flannel" still doesn't make sense.

thanks for the translation!
hehe! learning of ojisans' isekai origins is likely foreshadowing for their own eventual teleportation into japan via magic
regarding the blocked user: hey man people make mistakes, no need to hold on to resentment. we can resolve things cordially and more productively. follow the ideal, and do the right and better thing, love and peace, yeah. regardless of initial tensions, at the end of the day - we react. what matters is if what we do in reaction made things better or was a waste of an opportunity to do so. perpetuate the good stuff, not conflict ❤🤗✌☮

edit:
oh wait whwat? it was a joke? ahah sorry. now, my mistake. I mean it was still a little hard to be certain with that block😅
and can't easily detect seriousness or sarcasm through internet.
😋revision: regarding the blocked user -> regarding conflicts in general

Double-page supporter
Bro, I use a coffee flannel all the time, and yes it is actually cut from a flannel shirt.

The weave of flannel cloth is particularly suited for drip coffee. A lot of boomers still use those disposable paper filters that are full of chemical bleach, but anyone who's spent even a few minutes on Google knows that flannel cloth works just as well if not better, and it doesn't hurt the environment (it's washable and reusable). I've been using mine for about 2 years and it's only just starting to show wear.

Now, a lot of people will tell you the pattern doesn't matter. This is false. I find that Royal Stewart and Clan Wallace make for the most homogenous blends. Anything with a tight pattern will spread the grounds out better. Stay away from Buffalo, it leads to an uneven drip. Black Watch is obviously bad, unless you want a bunch of green in your coffee.

I'm glad you were eventually vindicated, and I hope more people are turned on to using a coffee flannel instead of single-use paper filters that just wind up in the ocean. Save the trees!

Dex-chan lover
why the hell would you block someone for not being into coffee culture? Or textile/fashion culture. I am unsure which this counts at at this point.

Fed-Kun's army
@tanukihat
Holy shit that's wild, turns out they were actually just talking about second image on the credit page and not just coffee cozies as it seemed to imply.
Makes a lot more fuckin' sense, since they're talking about taking it out of the fridge, which is apparently how you're supposed to store them after cleaning?

Should still be called "flannel coffee filters" or "flannel filters" and not just "coffee flannels." I'm sure in Japanese they just say coffee flannel but in English that doesn't really make sense and is the source of all this confusion in the first place. As far as I can tell with a two second google search everyone specifies the word "filter" and isn't just saying "coffee flannel" because, you know, of course you do. Obviously a two second google search makes me an expert.
But whatever, it's the smallest nitpick in the world and apparently the blocked user was just a prank bro.

That's really cool though, and I'm kinda bummed that it isn't more common knowledge. I've been making my coffee with a single-cup maker that has one of those reusable nylon meshes so it's not really a personal concern, but you'd think by now that people would've stopped buying so much disposable shit when there are easy alternatives. Like, there's the whole metal straw thing going on because people saw one video on facebook about a sea turtle with a plastic straw shoved up its nose, which is cool, but people seem to be hopping on it more like a fad than anything and they never think about the other disposable shit they use that they really don't need.

What I'm getting at is that, in these dire times, you totally don't need toilet paper, wipe with your hand and wash it off in the sink.

NIB

Dex-chan lover
This is what I like most about this manga, it shows everything that the authors does wrong in the isekai genre, it is a harsh criticism and crude with ojisan, but accurate. Good chapter as always.

Aggregator gang
I expected somebody else to pick it up before you'd return to it.

Dex-chan lover
to clarify things :
page 6 , ice girl : a traveller transported from japa-bahamal ...
page 7 , normal girl : she (the ice girl) is asking about japan or something .

"10% brain" , "cloud memory" ... i guess the mangaka just tried to explain this plot-hole with some a$$-pullings , lol .

page 18 : these 2 girls love the same man , so now they are (pole) sisters , lol .

you can check out page 8 of chapter 2 again : https://mangadex.org/chapter/477963/1 .

page 24 of chapter 14 : the 3 adventurers thought the paper money was a cursed paper talisman ofuda : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofuda .

Fed-Kun's army
Tfw I could just skip them translating the Chinese God because I already knew Chinese

Users who are viewing this thread