Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
@greyhud90
That's the 80s

"The 1990s (pronounced "nineteen-nineties"; shortened to "the '90s") was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on 1 January 1990, and ended on 31 December 1999."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990s

Dex-chan lover
@AnimuVsMango not just escapism, throwing shade on the modern ethics trope in the best possible way as well.

It's hilariously true that a regular person wouldn't be able to argue eloquently at the spur of the moment, and that without the assumptions and sensibilities of modern society, the argument does indeed boil down to slapping them until they obey.

Dex-chan lover
you know... those kind of overly strict teachers was still present on early 2000s

and I'm kinda glad I was in those back then 'cause majority of these overly strict teachers are also good at teaching. there's just really stupid kids who basically want attention and clearly need some straightening... I grew up in police/military focused family so being strict was just part of my life.

nowadays, we have these reporting system about abusive teachers and that's good. not gonna lie I had a ptsd inducing experience back in 4th grade it almost scaled up to a judicial dispute in a local hall but principal had it settled before it escalated further. downside to this is just... kids... no matter how good your teaching practice is, there'll be stupid kids that warrant the lynching within your head... like jesus... stress inducing brats... not that they can't be handled, it's just that being a teacher is fully flooded work inside and outside.

parents are to be blamed too if they can't at least teach their children on how to act. giving a degree of freedom to them is good so that they can learn how to be independent but unsupervised children just... ugh... BE EFFIN RESPONSIBLE IN HANDLING 'EM DAMNIT!

all of the strict teachers I had were serious in teaching and not because of just them being an arsehole (my PE teacher in High School was a strict, ego-centric, prideful dick though and I hated that guy).

Hem

Double-page supporter
American schools didn't have the SJW wars going on in the 90s but teachers outside of Catholic schools and maybe other type of private schools weren't allowed to hit or beat children at all, perhaps if you were in public school in the ghetto there is a chance that no one cared if the parents weren't able to sue for money.
Of course a teacher in the Ghetto would likely fear for their own safety before hitting a student with nothing to lose.

Dex-chan lover
Never had that kind of strict teacher myself, but my parents did. They were forced write with their right hand even though they were left-handed.

Group Leader
Holy shiet! What a group name.
wqieLpV.gif

Ah! Should have known that, stupid me.
x24.png

Aw, Uncle.
x34.png
Now I'm pretty sure the author drew doujins too.

Dex-chan lover
@blurgh123 My mom had a teacher who went too far and the student choked her out. A little woman who thought she could treat teens anyway she liked without them doing anything back. The guy who strangled her took her shit day after day my mom said. I did have a couple of those teachers when I was young,l but they were out the door basically. There was a teacher who dragged bad kids by the ear to the office if they wouldn't listen or go willingly. I had a few teachers who acted more like bullys than teachers or adults. Makes me wonder if the kids made them that way or if that is how they always were

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Hasina
seem so, why are you surprised?; takafumi even mentions the family splitting up in chapter 1.

Contributor
You know shit just got motherfucking realer than real when Higurashi hands appear.

@Liquidxlax I kinda understand that the kids played some part in it but I'm just absolutely hated it when my teachers are just being assholes in general. I have no problem with strict but fair teachers; in fact, I have a history of getting along well with them and achieve good results under their tutelage. What I hate however are teachers who overdo their intimidation tactics and have unpredictable tempers(Don't know when they will explode in your face). Seriously, I know some of us needs a straightening but I didn't sign up for a class to have myself worried about unknowingly stepping on a landmine at all times. The feeling of being constantly on edge is not pleasant, to say the least, and the fact their definition of a "reward" for a good job is not getting a subtraction to your grade is just the icing on the cake.

Aggregator gang
@jazz9 wait...
His uncle was like in his 30 or 40-ish so I was sure he was describing 1981-1990
got to reread again, how old was he and how many years he was gone

Dex-chan lover
The true ship was uncle x Sega Saturn this entire time. He already saw it naked too.

Mr. Tabuchi is more terrifying to face than any sort of dragon out there.

Users who are viewing this thread