Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
mrt7r76w45tfg

page 15 , panel 3 : you can see the mind-control magic circle which is over her head .
and all priests are perverts , lol : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

i guess the lines at the end are :
- girl : oji-san , do something . the nephew is turning into a dinosaur .
- oji-san : well , i cant cure this curse , so i will transform myself into a dinosaur too , so my nephew wont be alone .
- nephew : sob , sob , oji-san . you are the most greatest uncle in the world .

next chapter will probably have a henta* 's title : "dino d!cks are breaking my pu$$y" , lol .

dfgs5w5rh

Group Leader
Good effort here @GigaKONTOL. One improvement I could suggest is that for the Kamegashira line, you should partially hide it just like in the original. Typeset the line as though the bubble is not obscured, then copy and paste the overlapping bubble over the typesetting to create the hiding effect.

Some feedback: imo it would be better if the honorifics where translated into a pattern of speak in english, took me more than a second to catch that changing from Mabel to Mabel-San is speaking more respectfully

blocked the user instead of the group before oops, would rather not see sniped releases

Tanks for the chapter. I do not see the problem with sniping. A lot of texts have different translations. It is even better for the reader which can read the version he prefer.

Aggregator gang
@ladycherry Same, "-san" does not communicate respect the way that "Ms. Mabel" would.

@TMoane it's not sniping when other group abandons the series. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
@Porg
Same, "-san" does not communicate respect the way that "Ms. Mabel" would.
What are you talking about? Why would a vague, not-really-the-same approximation convey the change better than the change itself?

Aggregator gang
@anon763 when scanlating, leaving the job half-finished causes misunderstandings, as shown above

localization > translation

Dex-chan lover
@Porg
It doesn't cause confusion if you know what it means. Sometimes untranslatable terms should just be used as-is. "Tanuki" is preferable to "raccoon-dog", "takoyaki" is preferable to "fried octopus batter balls", "kami" is (in some circumstances) preferable to "god", and honorifics are preferable to English titles that don't convey the same meaning.

There are some basics that don't need to be "localized" because people ought to know them. Typical honorifics, as well as a couple others like onee/ii-san and different first-person pronouns, are basics things that you'll quickly pick up from reading manga.

Aggregator gang
Honorifics are not untranslatable, professionals do it all the time. Step away from the amateurs for a moment; buy a few manga and have a look.

Info page: Alien Soldier, not "Alien Shooter". Considering that this is one of the most central aspects of the story, you should strive to get it right every time.

Users who are viewing this thread