Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Group Leader
@Psicot

problem is readers will only care about fast releases and don't care about quality at all reason why the staff quit was basically people will suck a dick for faster translations than quality works that take a while to properly redraw typeset and quality check

x4.png

this page alone took HOURS to redraw and write the text BY HAND

@IamSnail I would'n say that. People read what they can read. If a scanlator stop translating, but people still desires to know what is happening in the manga, they will read whatever appears to know and then they read a better translation if that appears.

Please, if anyone has any critique of the chapter I would really like to hear it out so next time I could try to up the quality. Also, I will try to typeset both chapters 28 and 29 although I don't know when they will be done as this truly take a lot of my time and I'm pretty short on it.

@IamSnail
After doing this terrible job of mine I've to say that I started sympathising more with all scanlators. It may be because I'm inexperienced as fuck but this whole chapter took hours to clean/typeset and I still got some very bad words-placements, got a typo on page 12 (I'll have to ask on how to upload a correction), etc. This stuff takes a lot of time and that's without any kind of redrawing, swapping fonts, etc.

I do believe that there's still a lot of people that care about a good job tho, for example in Kaguya's case every monday we all have some really quicks translations threads on 4chan but , the "good translation" thread on thursday still gets the most attention.

But yeah, I do feel why you guys could suffer of burn-out.

Dex-chan lover
@IamSnail "People" are not a singular entity - some care about cleaning/typesetting others don't, and there's nothing wrong with that. I personally care only about the readability, and @Psicot 's version makes a lot more sense.

Group Leader
@Psicot
Apart from typesetting, which I have no experience in so I won't comment on that, you're going to need a proofreader, because there were several words that are misspelt, like "strenght" and "activy", and it should be "spirits' magic" since it's magic from multiple spirits.
But otherwise, thank you very much for the effort.

Dex-chan lover
the problem with mangadex isn't sniping/rushed translations, it's the lack of ways to filter groups or uploads.
The current method is just to block a group entirely. Following a group does nothing as far as I can tell.
It'd be great if there were options to only display liked/followed groups for in the followed page to avoid multiple uploads and snipe attempts.

Dex-chan lover
@IamSnail
You need to find a balance between quality and speed

If it takes you longer to translate a chapter then it takes for the next to come out you will never catch up to the raws, people want to read what happens next and if the choice is to wait for a year or read a slightly worse version a lot of them will pick the latter

Tho at the same time if the quality is too bad no matter how fast you translate or how far ahead you are from the other scalation group

I mean this happened with D-frag a little where the main group didn't translate for a while (I think they only do it when the volume releases) so someone else did a bad MTL with not cleaning or anything and was shit talked for how bad it was with no1 wanting to read his anymore, Then someone else did a MTL that was at least properly edited and readable and people were reading it were reading it cuz it was good enough, later the main group translated it but even tho it was way batter translated then the ones before people already read it 2 times at that point so yeah...
here are the chapters i was talking about(https://mangadex.org/chapter/1059843/https://mangadex.org/chapter/1046076/https://mangadex.org/chapter/1047498)

Another thing is that unless its poorly edited and has a lot of grammatical errors people would not even realize something is badly translated or mistranslated, Cuz they can't read the raw. So they don't even notice if something is bad quality sometimes

This is all just an opinion from me a simple reader ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also ty for the chapter psicot

@Maiorem
I'll will need one, or at least pay much more attention on it as even if some typos may be from the original translation, stuff like "activy" surely aren't. In the "edit" control panel there seems to be an option to upload corrected versions so I'll try to get one out today, if you see more stuff like that I'll gladly try to correct it.

So is this using the translations from the googledoc that just had the text in red bubbles in the margins? Either way, thanks TL. This is appreciated.

Thank you for this properly translated and typeset version of the chapter. It made no sense to me why you would mtl, when people already properly translated the chapters a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread