Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 6 Ch. 29

Supporter
Nice effort into the BGM links at the end, but I’d prefer if the name romanisations were consistent between TL groups. Marbel sounds a bit wrong compared to Mabel, if nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
holy shit
ajohJoX.png

Dex-chan lover
Gotta love that they actually have a word for "when harem members are jealous". 😂

@balenol Yeah, the artstyle is sometimes... 😅

Fed-Kun's army
Whats a 'Shuraba'? mentioned on pg 31 regarding the elf

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@gr8g
'scene of carnage' ; in manga, it's often used to describe MC's love interest ready to kill the love rival (or kill MC himself) out of jealousy

Power Uploader
@cgr @gr8g it's the battlefield route in gal games as opposed to the harem route. It's when the protagonist ends up being hated by all of the girls (except one).

Perfect example: Oreshura in anime (where ALL episode titles contain the word "shuraba"). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oreshura

The translator didn't do his homework...

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun
It's when the protagonist ends up being hated by all of the girls (except one).'
....I think you're referencing something something specific, because this isn't really what 'shuraba' means.

Fed-Kun's army
@cgr
@Kirin-kun
Thanks guys for the explanation. Is shuraba different from Yandere? your explanations give me the feel that it's similar

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@gr8g
yandere = psycho person , shuraba = scene of carnage ,

so a shuraba is often caused by a yandere

Power Uploader
@gr8g @cgr shuraba, in the end (or originally), is just a battlefield type in Buddhist mythology, that invokes images of blood and carnage for Japanese readers.

In the context of anime/manga/galgames (usually harem type) it's used to describe the situation where, instead of trying to seduce the MC and wait to be chosen, war is declared. So, "a bloodbath" in the meaning that the characters are actively fighting to "catch" the MC (or disqualify the opponents). The yandere isn't required.

As a translator, I would have translated it as "the battlefield route".

Aggregator gang
this wasn't as good as the other translation https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IY7OmDjWL8JRlweWgdnAcTwnrUPi7NdR?usp=sharing

this even got the names wrong

Double-page supporter
The tone of this manga somehow changed... towards the romantic part

Users who are viewing this thread