Isekai Ojisan

Chapter 24 translated on 4chan (not sure, it might be from chinese this time, but the TL looks decent, probably better than what mangadex has for chapter 22).
Lots of fun in this one.

https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/207513425/#207551071

Dex-chan lover
I was fine for a while, but the mindset of the uncle made me so f*cking angry. I had to drop it for my sanity.

I really like this, def can't read it all at once.

Art is amazing. Breaks my heart to see a girl like that keep failing time after time. I need him to draw a pretty girl getting what she wants in a future work. Some kind of catharsis, please lol

Dex-chan lover
Woah, I have not touched this for a while and now there is an ecchi tag?

Edit: Scrolling through the comments, It's funny how people write the word Gigakontol like it's nothing

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but could someone guide me to where I can read up on how these "snipe mechanics" work to begin with? I'm asking this here only because there seems to be just so much snipe drama going on for this manga's releases in particular, and I'd like to understand the source of the conflict. Feel free to delete this post after, thanks and sorry again

@ScarletLouse Sniping is really just when one group is working on a manga, and another group decides to work on it as well. There can bad reasons such as trying to rush out a TL and redirect people to a website or something for ads/etc, or good reasons such as just trying to work on a popular manga and get experience and see how it compares to the regular group. People get pretty angry over it for many reasons though. I (going against my own words now, talking from my current viewpoint) personally feel it's a little over the top for people to hate on a group for just doing a chapter or something, doesn't really change much for the group that was already tling it.

This manga is good but dropped it long time ago, it just hurts how i kind of relate to the uncle and lost the oppurtunities

Dex-chan lover
@Grenzoocoon tbh I don’t understand the “practice” part can’t they just translate a chapter that’s already done if they want feed back then go for dropped series that’s like 1-2 years since the last TL.

Of they can visit the dropped series request in the forum.

@ScarletLouse sniping is not rare, if someone didn't like how a group translate something, some people will snipe it. However in this manga, the sniper dropped it after two chapter and it's after he gloat that he is better than the previous translator
Hxnj5Xr
and he said "you" deserve better (i don't know who is "you" in this context) before changing it to something else
C0S3q3r
i mean what's the point of sniping if you just do it for two chapter? this, i don't get it at all.

edit: changing from imgurl to imgbb since the image is broken

Dex-chan lover
I just thought of a story line on how the author could "address" the fates of the characters in the isekai.
Ojisan already lived a long fulfilling life and died because of old age in the isekai. He was reincarnated in modern Tokyo because the spirits recalled Ojisan couldn't stop talking about games and in a whim, wanted to see modern Tokyo.

The story will end with Takafumi being closer to Fujimiya and Ojisan dies, consciousness fading away while surrounded by his isekai friends. He dies because he's already dead when he's 17. Takafumi will realize this is Ojisan's fate since there's an ending to Ojisan's isekai adventures in the notebook and correctly guessed why the spirits revived Ojisan.

Then in the omake, the story will be narrated by Takafumi, trying to decide if Ojisan did revive in modern Tokyo instead of the entire story being his own fantasy since chapter 1. In the end, Takafumi decided that it doesn't matter. But the truth is Ojisan used his memory wipe spell to erase his revival in modern Tokyo from everyone else except Takafumi. We see Takafumi living among the modern Tokyo cast with corrupted personalities because of the memory corruption wipe spell

@Grenzoocoon @rex09 Thanks for the clarifications, I was under the mistaken impression that sniping involved removal of one tl's work due to some technicality, that another tl/group may have been exploiting in bad faith. Given that mangadex accommodates multiple tl's of any given chapter (and just how pissed off any previous tl group seemed to get), that seemed to make more circumstantial sense.

What was the point of saying the latest chapter was part of the main story. Clearly the page with the elf coming out the hotsprings in a yukata is integral to the plot.

Dex-chan lover
All the bits in the fantasy world are alright and actually kinda interesting, but I just can't stand all the real world bits.
I just can't relate to any of the main characters, especially the Oji-san is just too out of this world weird to me. I guess the characters are like that for comedy reasons, but that kinda humor just doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread