Isekai Ojisan

I don't think genderswap should be in the theme (bc... its not the theme at all). Nor loli.... where did that one even come from? Every character is 17+ except for 1 boy.
I can accept Harem, though I believe it is incredibly misleading for this title. Are we just trying to confuse users who are debating picking this series up?

I starting to read this manga because of the tag genderswap but it is true that it is not featured a lot. I wonder if there are people who do not read manga with specific tag like gender swap.

@portable there was a time I had that blocked, but then a ply convinced me to give it a fair shot.
I'm surprised this didn't get more misleading 1 time tags like yaoi. Technically incorrect, but if you look at this 1 page in this 1 chapter....
While we are at it, I found out where the lolis are. It is a flashback, in 1 page, in 1 chapter. Its from her perspective, so we actually do not get to see the loli at all, except for her hands and a measly stick.
Oh wait, if you include earth, I guess there is also childhood friend flashbacks. Kind of forgot she was a girl

Dex-chan lover
@Duainfey No, Tsunderes aren't vicious. Because almost all the sh*t they do is comic slapstick. Meaning, their sh*t doesn't count.

When it actually counts, they are no longer tsundere.

Naruto is the best example of that. Compare Sakura's hits, which sent Naruto flying, but did no real damage, vs Karui's hits which didn't send him flying but did actual damage.

One was a played out joke, the other was actual damage.

Like those tropes where an arrow comes and hits the character when an insult is on points and it "damages" them.

If you believe a tsundere is vicious, then that means that you just don't understand them.

Double-page supporter
@deathmailrock I'm not sure what comment of mine you're responding to (nor even when it may have been made) but I've a firm grasp of the tsundere archetype trope. As well as knowing it is way older than when it was more formally defined. I personally find little to no redemption in such a character. Fully understanding that it has evolved over time but at the core it is usually an abusive female lead who somehow has a hidden charm point played for laughs. Citing Viz's Ranma 1/2 translation from three decades ago(and know that even before this example the character type is used elsewhere in older works) "She's really a very sweet girl. She's just a violent maniac." Rarely does such a character do anything beyond that description.

Like the 'emotional conversation arrows', 'girl can only cook censored image' and 'barely in control horny rapist gay/lesbian' among countless other tropes I do see how they are used for cultural comedic purposes but again I find little of interest in such because I can recognize the inherent toxicity of them. They are well worn traditional shortcuts to get a quick laugh and entirely unfunny to experience in life outside of a manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Duainfey But it's a beloved trope. And in the end, it's done in a way using comic slapstick that isn't meant to be taken seriously. In universe, they aren't bad.

Even if you don't like the trope itself, inside the actual manga, their actions aren't harmful. Respective of if you like or dislike the trope, or think it has negative implications for real life, in the universe of the series itself, it does no real damage nor is it actually harmful or bad.

Some people think it's a bad stereotype and some think it's an unfunny joke. I believe that is fine, since that is just their own opinion.

But to view the character as actually bad or actually violent or actually cruel means you are taking the character out of context.

Fed-Kun's army
This has an addictive trainwreck quality. Uncomfortable to look at... but I can't look away or stop!

It's a fucking master piece for me. I just came here thinking, "oh great another generic isekai manga, let's just give it a go since I don't have anything else to do".
But then Damn, I was caught unexpectedly, as the author really did something unique to revitalize the isekai trope by changing the narrative to something which we don't see in a manga.
This manga to me felt more like a great movie than a comic book story.

Double-page supporter
Remember when this was being scanlated by a proper group, with proofreaders and cleaners, and you all spit on them for letting low-quality snipers release low-quality scans?

I remember.

Fed-Kun's army
can someone explain to me how the romance-harem works in this?

does MC have eyes for one? or its just a freebie for any girl

@calmbreez
Ha, you want romance and harem? Read something else. This is a hardcore tragedy, just like watching a trainwreck. It's just if the people were actually dying like flies or being tortured, it would probably make this novel more lighthearted. The tags aren't wrong, but if you start reading, you would understand that this is nothing like the usual harem rom-com.

For those interested in how the characters (uncle and the 3 girls) might sound like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zL7iUFwOH8

Aggregator gang
Could there be a normal update for this manga already? It’s getting annoying how it jumps back and forth.

Users who are viewing this thread