Isekai Omotenashi Gohan - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Fava Beans and Invitation to Fantasy ①

Okay ... things have definitely escalated here. Was not expecting the story to take a turn like this, but the previous ch was a good foreshadowing hint at it doing so. Color me curious....

Double-page supporter
Smug fairy queen. Wonder how far she'll go before becoming clumsy?

Dex-chan lover
I predict we will see a dragon wanting a brandy from her eventually

Dex-chan lover
No you're not....the fairy queen I know has wolf years and a tail, and likes to pounce on a guy named Earth

Dex-chan lover
She's not going to able to drink alone and savor the moment again is she lol

Dex-chan lover
I really like where this series is going, more than anything I appreciate that she seems to be giving something precious to all these powerful highly magical people. It's lovely.

Seeing a normie or what would be an npc in a game interact with so many important/vastly more powerful people than herself is absolutely fascinating. What brings them joy or that feeling of familiarity and home too is just.... Really soothing.

I hope this series keeps that up. c:

Double-page supporter
Ah, makes sense. Some land god accidentally lets slip there's some new booze and snacks on the scene and *POOF* Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and various buggers show up. I guess she should be happy a random ghost hasn't decided to hang out and skunk her beer.

Dex-chan lover
@riflow thank you for putting into words that feeling, that shows how good was this chapter, that exact feeling I get when seeing the older sis making her social circle bigger ^^

>premium beer that has no particular taste
what an absolute pleb. shame that a cooking manga doesn't do justice for drinks

Dex-chan lover
Does she have infinite beer cans ? At this rate even warehouse would be empty by now.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, fairy queen has thighs befitting of royalty.

@kinosseur
Except for the part where it said peculiar, not particular.

Dex-chan lover
@Haruka no. she's actually quite worried about her stock of otherworldly food. but the house has a food storage, so there's still a stock of Isekai Beer (the actual brand of her beer).

Fed-Kun's army
What I liked the most about the chapter was the absolute non-sexualising of her breasts, when she describes the warming effect of her drink. Also how they showed that her new guest is a fairy just by giving her insect wings is way beyond anything how regular fantasy manga do their usual stuff and going the 'show, don't tell' way of story telling is a pleasant surprise in its own. And way better than pages of info dump or whole chapters of exposition on how the leveling or magic system works (I'm looking at you Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita).

Users who are viewing this thread