Isekai Omotenashi Gohan

It srsly makes me so sad that it's done T^T it's such a great find. I love it so much! Even tho there were revisions, the story still made sense.
I really loved how realistic it was when the two of them tried to keep their composure from the sudden change of worlds, maybe for the sake of each other, but still have separate frames when they'd break down from the frustration and everything. Even in the conclusion of the manga! The open ending makes me sad and yet happy because even tho i don't want to be separated from their lives *(i still want to know what happens after ;-;)* the characters now have their own individuality, each pursuing their own happiness.
You have my greatest gratitude for the hard work and translation!

what on earth is this ending, that was pretty disappointing. overall its still a pretty good read.

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping the update was a better ending but it's just nothing 😭😭😭

Looks like the manga series got axed based on this ending or it didnt get picked up for another batch of chapters I guess. At least they crew added some notes to tell us the ultimate conclusion, not that anyone with half a brain didnt see it more or less coming a mile away.

Dex-chan lover
Weapons-grade wholesomeness. Good food, good feels, really nice relationship building. Easily earned a 9/10 from my stingy self and that's even with the rushed/axed ending. Honestly I'm dumbfounded how this got cancelled, it's one of the best seinen/josei isekai I've ever read.

Incredibly wholesome food isekai with really nice art.
I love the relationship between the sisters, and Akane with the others.
it got axed and the ending isn't all there, but it was such a pleasant read, that I'll be sure to come back.

Dex-chan lover
In my honest opinion, this manga is a shitshow. No, not the story itself. The story is perfect, but the manga itself is a shitshow. As I understand, this is a manga adaptation of a web novel, and from what I understand the web novel is actually good, but this """"adaptation"""" is not.
To be frank, I wouldn't even want to call this an adaptation, because it seems more like a fan fiction than anything else. Any important information, story, or context that is pivotal to the entire fucking story is literally never even mentioned here.
I am approaching this manga as-is, without having ever read the WN, and perhaps this is the reason why I fail to understand many important plot points, but a manga should never require you to read its source material in order for you to understand it. Perhaps that's why this manga ended so abruptly, because it was so hard for people who have never seen the story before to pick up the manga, which caused it to fail in the market and to get axed.
It's such a great story and the art is amazing and interesting, but seeing a character make a troubled face and going "oh boy what important information have I missed this time" made the experience so... tiring. For example, in the WN, a wizard comes and explains why their house still has running gas and water, but the manga has fuckall to explain in that department. You only hear a character briefly mention something like "We still have running water but I don't know why" halfway through the manga and it doesn't even elaborate further. In fact, the pacing of the story and how fast things happen and characters are introduced makes it feel like the author of this was trying to rush through everything and just get the end, or something.
I don't know, this manga is weird. If you want something to just mindlessly read through that has some fun characters, go ahead, but just make sure to turn your brain off before you do so.

Dex-chan lover
After reading that last part by the TL crew, I kinda see why I felt like it was missing something. Maybe if it were handled properly not by the artist as the restrictions was not made by him but by the publisher as they pretty much owned the series at the beginning. Maybe it could have been better with the other missing stuff but as usual, you can't easily get 1:1 adaptation nowadays.

A dish sometimes requires something else other than trimming the fat

Users who are viewing this thread