Isekai Ryouridou - Ch. 51 - A Nikujaga in Another World?!

Dex-chan lover
image.png

I could edit it...
I could...
But I think the outside of panel should be left in.
So no editing.

Dex-chan lover
My name Artour Babaev. Sorry bad englandsky. I grow up in small farm to have make potatos. Father say "Arthour, potato harvest is bad. Need you to have play professional DOTO2 in Amerikanski for make money for head-scarf for babushka." I bring honor to komrade and babushka. Plz no copy pasteschniko

Dex-chan lover
I got curious this chapter, and I'm probably stupid for wondering, but still.
The people of the forest (I can't remember if they are literally called/referred to as that or if I'm being simplistic in my description, anyway) are primarily of darker skin tones, certainly darker than the Japanese MC. Are they "tan" because they primarily work outdoors (which I don't believe to be the case/reason) or do they naturally have darker skin tones?
Also, the people of the town/village are primarily of lighter skin tones, clearly not tan (in any way); at least the ones that we have been shown.
The third group of people, who I believe were nomadic(?), were also of darker skin tones...

So, two things that I noticed, the people who are more developed (i.e. a town with more sturdy permanent buildings, yes, the people of the forest have buildings, but from what I can see they appear more simplistic than the village/town) are light skinned, and the people who are (supposedly) less developed (small groupings of buildings, not using "formed" currency - meaning they use the tusks in more of a bartering system that the town's [likely] metallic currency, which they ONLY use with the town, etc) are primarily dark skinned...
Am I completely off base here? Please tell me I'm simply misinterpreting this...

Ah... And writing the above (carefully to try and not hit the more "offensive" wording) has made me completely forget the second point... Meh. I'll add it later if I remember.

Dex-chan lover
Ai Fi seems to be in a depressive funk. It's kinda annoying he hasn't noticed.
He has noticed. But calling it out or trying to take care of her would make it worse. She feels like she isn't competent, calling attention to her mentality being apparent is the last thing you want to do. Treating her normally and showing her that everything is fine helps more in this case.

Dex-chan lover
Ai Fa's reaction here is kinda new tho. in other isekai stories, we usually see the natives get super excited whenever any japanese cuisine got mentioned. Ai Fa's cold reaction so far is actually kinda refreshing
Probably because thanks to the other guy and being served last, she basically got a bowl of somewhat stewed potatoes and that's it. It is refreshing though, especially when most of the time it's something like plain white rice making characters mouthgasm.

Dex-chan lover
Flavour isn't exactly a linear scale.

I think he changed the goal halfway through cooking...

nikujaga and curry, 2 most overused food in jp isekai
Nikujaga isn't that common. Curry is, and that's about as Japanese as pizza is American. Other than that I'd say plain rice, rice balls, or omurice. You also have their "Hamburg steak".

Ai Fa's reaction here is kinda new tho. in other isekai stories, we usually see the natives get super excited whenever any japanese cuisine got mentioned. Ai Fa's cold reaction so far is actually kinda refreshing
They also do things that aren't straight Japanese food. While that is what he knows, he does have to deal with using the ingredients available. The main problem is that it's a bit heavy on native dishes not being tasty (although it does have a pretense of a weird culture standing in the way of that).

Contributor
Ai Fa is a woman after my own heart.

Meat. Meat. Meat. 🍖 🍖🍗🥩😋🤤

Users who are viewing this thread