Isekai Samurai - Ch. 22

Ginko’s swords being susceptible to spells like shrink is potentially a weakness for her. I mean she will still probably be able to do something unarmed (grappling, biting even). However, she is a samurai by trade (and series title) so she needs her weapons.

So perhaps this is a sign that she will get weapons (or upgrades) that makes her equipment stay resilient against the magics of this new world….

Or of equal possibility is that this is a flag for her “combo” clincher attack (with Miko) where she hid her sword with shrink, only to return to its original size at the right moment for the decisive blow.
Bold of you to assume she won't just put her small swords between her fingers and continue to cut her opponents XD

Dex-chan lover
I really fucking wish the witch will fuck around again and turning the samurai to a full fledge oni to find out the hard way
I hope she does just for it to turn out that Ginko is right and she can just use willpower to keep in control even as a demon since she's just built better

Dex-chan lover
Poor Ginko's swords. They got turned smol lol. I kinda want to see her fight with those. Thanks for the chapter. This is one of my favorite isekais right now. I wonder if she'll ever get some magic or magic resistant swords.

Dex-chan lover
Here’s hoping the horny girl and the dragon girl both join the MC cause she’s a ton of fun to fight

Minor stuff that I noticed,
The "Shrink" spell is called Minimani(ミニマニ) in the original JP,
written as 縮小(syukusyou aka reduction/shrinkage) and read as Minimani(ミニマニ)

Pg 11, Heal spell explanation also appears really simplified, in the original it's something like:
"Heal is basically a spell that accelerates human body's natural regeneration."

Dex-chan lover
I thought the residual mana was wearing off
Depends whether it's cooler for her to (temporarily) go full oni and still retain control because she's already terminally unhinged "samurai willpower" or to just facetank Circe's entire spell unharmed and cut her in half on the flipside.

Double-page supporter
Ginko’s swords being susceptible to spells like shrink is potentially a weakness for her. I mean she will still probably be able to do something unarmed (grappling, biting even). However, she is a samurai by trade (and series title) so she needs her weapons.

So perhaps this is a sign that she will get weapons (or upgrades) that makes her equipment stay resilient against the magics of this new world….

Or of equal possibility is that this is a flag for her “combo” clincher attack (with Miko) where she hid her sword with shrink, only to return to its original size at the right moment for the decisive blow.
A true samurai is versatile in various weapons and isn't limited to Katanas.
on another hand, Katanas and Wakizashis were the last resort weapons for a samurai so they aren't necessarily out of the game.

Dex-chan lover

When I saw the spell my mind went to something like Tràkata with Lightsabers

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @Hamaguy
  • p6 putting stuff in shrinks them -> putting things in shrinks them
  • p6 and taking them out turns it back -> and taking them out reverts them back to their normal shape // and taking them out makes them large again
  • p9 in a bad shape -> in bad shape
  • p15 pain relieving substances -> pain-relieving substances
  • p18 if she does more trial and errors -> if she did more trial & error experiments

Users who are viewing this thread