Isekai Samurai - Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
I want Circe dead, I don't find her funny, I find her terrifying and disgusting.

I don't think she has a "tragic backstory where she was shunned and rejected by the people", I think she is just a crazy bitch that for the unluck of the world was born with a very dangerous ability and the craziness to use it, and no matter the "sob story" they have... I don't think mass murderers have the right to forgiveness.

The demons' interactions... sure, they are funny... but they still are beings hellbent on killing people for no other reason than just being what they are.

Soldier girl is a tough cookie, sad for her loss :meguuusad:.

My boy is rocking that starting Knight Set, peak fashion souls

NkeQ5nG.png
Of course he is. He's maidenless

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @Hamaguy
  • p18 When your feel your head spin -> When you feel your head spin
  • p18 whimsy fairy -> whimsical fairy
  • p19 Thank you so~ much for saving me guys! -> Thank you so~ much for saving me, guys! // Thank you so~ much for saving me, you guys!
  • p20 su-prising -> sur-prising
  • p22 She's a pervert in another world! -> She's a pervert from another world!
  • p22 fundal-mentally -> funda-mentally
  • p22 "human"... -> "humans"...
  • p22 And the mutant race born from human... -> And the mutant race born from humans...
  • p23 and posesses -> and possess
  • p23 enclopydia -> encyclopedia

Dex-chan lover
Idk how to feel about this manga, it's such a whiplash. It tries to be funny but excessively cruel at the same time. Make the antagonist seems friendly but outside they're heinous as fuck

Kill them

Dex-chan lover
Did witch and shadows not mention to the others how Ginko literally leaped off a cliff just to make sure she killed witch with extreme prejudice even going so far as to rip open the shadow gate to continue the hunt when shadow grabbed witch?
How much more info on how dangerous someone is do you need?
Ginkos fucking crazy! And that's why we love her. Well that and she's an adorable little murder muffin.

Dex-chan lover
Ofc the person suspected to be over 200 years old becomes a loli

Dex-chan lover
I want Circe dead, I don't find her funny, I find her terrifying and disgusting.

I don't think she has a "tragic backstory where she was shunned and rejected by the people", I think she is just a crazy bitch that for the unluck of the world was born with a very dangerous ability and the craziness to use it, and no matter the "sob story" they have... I don't think mass murderers have the right to forgiveness.

The demons' interactions... sure, they are funny... but they still are beings hellbent on killing people for no other reason than just being what they are.

Soldier girl is a tough cookie, sad for her loss :meguuusad:.
I don't think that a villain's tragic backstory is meant for us to read it and go "Oh I guess the mass genocide they did was excusable and they can be redeemed"
It is usually for contextualization of the villain's goals. Because power, money or genocide are not goals, they are means to a goal and if you don't give your villain a goal you have no story.
Anyway even if they do try to redeem themselves they should face the consequences of their actions.
Don't mind me I just like to ramble

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that a villain's tragic backstory is meant for us to read it and go "Oh I guess the mass genocide they did was excusable and they can be redeemed"
It is usually for contextualization of the villain's goals. Because power, money or genocide are not goals, they are means to a goal and if you don't give your villain a goal you have no story.
Anyway even if they do try to redeem themselves they should face the consequences of their actions.
Don't mind me I just like to ramble
Oh no friend, I mind... because you are completely right and I agree with you 1000%, but there is one problem... many authors forget exactly what you wrote.

When I was a kid I could accept when halfway through a story the villain/rival got a change of heart and the hero being the kindhearted person they are, forgave them of all their crimes with no more than a slap on the wrist and the power of friendship... now I see it for what it is... a cop out method used by authors that don't have the ability to write a "redemption arc".

And worse yet... is that "redemption arcs" are not an absolute thing, especially when an author makes their villain/rival do... HORRENDOUS things out of their free will.

I admit... my comment was fuelled by that mindset which is hard to grasp when I put just a few salty words, but fortunately, I don't think the author of this series will do that, they made pretty clear that Circe is a bitch that deserves death, and there has been a tendency in recent years of abandoning such writing pitfall unless the author has a clear and well-planned course for such things.

Thanks for the thoughtful comment.

Dex-chan lover
please put me into a medical coma so I can wake up years later and read this all in one go

Dex-chan lover
Knight dude rocking the Frog Mouth helmet. Hope he doesn't die, drip like that is a rare sight in isekai

Users who are viewing this thread