they are both girls
Oh hell nah
they are both girls
"Sapient martial arts chikens" im going to read this mangaIt's happened in many manga and web novels over the years. The last one I can easily remember is the Kokkos in Arafoo Kenja no Isekai Seikatsu Nikki, which are basicly sapient martial arts chickens.
Chickens will devour their own broken eggs gleefully if you accidentally drop them on the floor. They wouldn't care.This is genuinely fucking with my head. I get that the eggs are unfertilized, but that both hens can actually speak and are willingly handing over eggs for the humans to eat is just too fucking bizarre for me. The only reason I can rationalize it with chickens is because they are animals and chickens specifically pump out eggs when overfed. But for the egg layer to be sapient and give the unfertilized eggs to another sapient creature to consume is just beyond the pale for me.
The difference being real chickens are very much simple animals. Those creatures in the manga are much smarter than that. That's why I made my entire point. They aren't dumb animals.Chickens will devour their own broken eggs gleefully if you accidentally drop them on the floor. They wouldn't care.
I guess they grow at the same rate as chickens not the expected slower monster rateThey are grown already? They still aren't nearly the size of the bird in CH1.
Not just that but if a chicken happens to die for any reason inside a coop every other one will immediately jump on that opportunity and eat it up. Chickens have absolutely nothing against cannibalism. And even if the egg doesn't get damaged if you feed them poorly for a decent chunk of time they will get into the habit of breaking open and eating every egg they have access to whether it's damaged or not and correcting their diet is unlikely to correct their egg eating tendencies. Honestly because I'm used to chickens the idea they'd be against their eggs being eaten feels as foreign to me as I'm sure the idea they'd willingly hand over their eggs does to the person you were replying to.It's not surprising at all, really. I raised chickens for years, and they'll happily eat their own eggs shell and all if they get damaged.
I could definitely see a sentient chicken having a similar laissez-faire attitude to their everyday unfertilized eggs.