Isekai Teni Shite Kyoushi ni Natta ga, Majo to Osorerareteiru Ken ~Aoi-sensei no Gakuen Funtou Nisshi~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Wow, another isekai with Mc having cheat abilities that makes everyone go soyjack_wide_month_open.png

megumin.gif

Group Leader
Page 27, 'Dwarf tribe' and 'human tribe' are better translated to 'race' rather than 'tribe'. And it might read better to use the adjective form 'Dwarven' in this case. 'Human' stays as is since its adjective form stays the same.
Alright, i see, will fix it later, im on break rn.
Story definitely seems interesting, but please get someone to go over your translations and make sure they're fucking coherent
I mean i keep saying every chapter end note about "we need translator" so far noone apply, we also open proofreader spot but translator spot is priority for now.
I like this manga, but the lack of any editing after MTL makes it somewhat hard to read. Thanks for the chapter, but still please do better.
Thanks for visit, i see your work also mtl, any tips to git gud at this? beside get people to proofreader

Dex-chan lover
Page 27, 'Dwarf tribe' and 'human tribe' are better translated to 'race' rather than 'tribe'. And it might read better to use the adjective form 'Dwarven' in this case. 'Human' stays as is since its adjective form stays the same.
I actually came to the comments specifically to see if anyone else was bothered by this. I have seen "race" or "species" translated as tribe a few too many times and it's annoying. "Tribe" implies something completely different. While different races would be able to have children different species either strictly would not or their children would be infertile. So what, exactly elves, dwarves, etc would be considered in this universe would depend on if their "half" children could have children. Since the principal is half we know they can at least interbreed, presumably with humans at least...
Tribe... FFS, tribe. I honestly have to wonder if that is a literal translation of the Japanese word being used; presumably they have a word for race and species. Why tribe?

Post script: I am not trying to criticize the one editing the MTL. If anything I'm criticizing the Mangaka/original author's choice of word. (Assuming it isn't just the machine choosing the word from possible interpretations)

Group Leader
I actually came to the comments specifically to see if anyone else was bothered by this. I have seen "race" or "species" translated as tribe a few too many times and it's annoying. "Tribe" implies something completely different. While different races would be able to have children different species either strictly would not or their children would be infertile. So what, exactly elves, dwarves, etc would be considered in this universe would depend on if their "half" children could have children. Since the principal is half we know they can at least interbreed, presumably with humans at least...
Tribe... FFS, tribe. I honestly have to wonder if that is a literal translation of the Japanese word being used; presumably they have a word for race and species. Why tribe?

Post script: I am not trying to criticize the one editing the MTL. If anything I'm criticizing the Mangaka/original author's choice of word. (Assuming it isn't just the machine choosing the word from possible interpretations)
No worry mate, I know mtl is sh*t but again i have no choice, i pick up this manga because i want to read also (and no one translate it for 6 months i think), i can't stand Google Lens translation, so i decide to do my fantranslate instead. Thats right what u said at the end, i literally confuse what author choice of the word, which basically not making sense.
-
If you want original script where i said "Im going out of script"?, "Look what we found here" dialog is not like that when i follow script, the real translation is "Is it a reward from God for hardworking folks like us?" i mean what!?
-
Example again for "If they know something like flying magic, It won’t troublesome like this" real translation is "Learning flying magic would be bad, you'll just leave immediately"
-
I know mtl is sh*t but again, its not unedited mtl, i do so much editting till i lose my count. Again no blame toward author/mangaka. Also i dont claim this is my translation, i always put warning sign "This is mtl, read at your own risk"
-
Sound like rant, but no offense, no hate, i just let u guys know what i went through when i mtl this

Group Leader
Thanks for visit, i see your work also mtl, any tips to git gud at this? beside get people to proofreader
Unfortunately there's not really another way around it other than "proofread the shit out of it". Some tips would be:
  1. At the very least, make sure the "he/she/it" and "this/that" referrels are correct.
  2. Punctuation. Put a fullstop after each line, commas were suitable.
  3. Make it sound like actual dialogue. As examples:
    1. P.2 "Why does it keep happening" should sound more like "Why does this keep happening".
    2. P.8 "You're the sender of the letter, aren't you? A lovely young lady" VS "You sent the letter, didn't you, Dear Miss?"
  4. I suggest reading Anon's Guide to Typesetting. It is hardly the best practice (which comes from CL/RD/TS for massive groups, where they likely have much better teachers than self-learning), but some good practice from the guide are:
    1. Break words by syllables, instead of randomly (i.e., Backgrou-nds vs Back- ground, interest-ing vs Inter-esting). You can use this site to check.
    2. The centre of the text bubble should be fatter than the top or bottom, other wise blocky is fine. (P.8, "I have yet to encounter such a talented individual", P. 23 "Magic like high-pressure water blade")
    3. Don't really put punctuation on a new line (i.e., P. 8), I mainly only do it if there's really no space
  5. Use multiple translators. DeepL is better usually, but Google TL has sometimes simpler phrasing, which is better as a base for editing into manga dialogue. Asking ChatGPT to TL an entire page is usually also very good. You can also write Japanese in Google TL, if OCR can't recognize it.
    1. FYI, my solo process is: Use Google Lens to scrape text/type to train my Japanese reading > Translate with GTL, DeepL (ChatGPT if necessary) > Redraw and Typeset > Release
    2. My group process is: Transcribe manually > Group TL/PR with GTL, DeepL and ChatGPT > Redraw and Typeset > Final proofread > Release
If you have any questions, or want more good practice/advice, I suggest asking in the #scanlation channel on the MD Discord. My Scanlation group's discord is here, and you can ask for my advice more directly here.

Dex-chan lover
No worry mate, I know mtl is sh*t but again i have no choice, i pick up this manga because i want to read also (and no one translate it for 6 months i think), i can't stand Google Lens translation, so i decide to do my fantranslate instead. Thats right what u said at the end, i literally confuse what author choice of the word, which basically not making sense.
-
If you want original script where i said "Im going out of script"?, "Look what we found here" dialog is not like that when i follow script, the real translation is "Is it a reward from God for hardworking folks like us?" i mean what!?
-
Example again for "If they know something like flying magic, It won’t troublesome like this" real translation is "Learning flying magic would be bad, you'll just leave immediately"
-
I know mtl is sh*t but again, its not unedited mtl, i do so much editting till i lose my count. Again no blame toward author/mangaka. Also i dont claim this is my translation, i always put warning sign "This is mtl, read at your own risk"
-
Sound like rant, but no offense, no hate, i just let u guys know what i went through when i mtl this
I'm sorry. As I said (edited) at the end of my comment, I in no way blame you, the one editing the MTL. I honestly don't know what word(s) the machine translation provided for the "tribe" word. Nor do I know what various meanings the original Japanese word could have. On those two points I am completely ignorant.
But you aren't the only one to use the word "tribe" for what would otherwise be species or race. I do not blame you, because in the (at least two other) translated manga I have seen it in, they were said to be human translated. This means that it is more likely to be a Japanese language thing than a translator thing.

Honestly, I think you are doing a good job. I find no issue with reading your work, and believe me I have subjected myself to edited MTL that I DID have difficulty reading.
Could you do better? We all can do better in what we do. Do you NEED to do better? I will let you decide that, because I already enjoy reading what you have uploaded.

Dex-chan lover
Dang, should be fix now, i deleted wrong chapter.
You can send me the raw and the MTLed script, I'll see if there's something I can do. (I don't intend to become translator or proofreader, just offering some help because I'm bored)

Group Leader
You can send me the raw and the MTLed script, I'll see if there's something I can do. (I don't intend to become translator or proofreader, just offering some help because I'm bored)
You can join our discord server and ping me there, any help is welcome

Dex-chan lover
Again translation for the name could be wrong, especially blue hair guy, Speycide, i have no idea, is it correct or not? i dont know
We totally need translator fr fr
Anyway, gonna speedrun the test boi, water bullet
Yeah you really need to put some punctuation in there

Group Leader
Yeah you really need to put some punctuation in there
yea we (and some volunteer) currently in construction for chap 1 and chap 2 (and other work), no new chapter this week, i take a break for 1 week then next chapter will come probably after that.
Thanks for reading

Group Leader
Alright I bring good news, hear me out, new chapter 2 improved legendary special edition finally released. So check it out. Now we're working on chapter 3

Dex-chan lover
Well... This was a letdown. She's supposed to be strong but needs to be saved. What a joke.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for chap
Her age will soon become a landmine
What's with that, anyway? I'm confused because the story implies that she's been learning from the elf for 30 years, and so she should be 50 or so, right?

Double-page supporter
Alright, i see, will fix it later, im on break rn.

I mean i keep saying every chapter end note about "we need translator" so far noone apply, we also open proofreader spot but translator spot is priority for now.

You youngsters are so spoiled!

The idea of a computer translating from Japanese to English is straight out of Star Trek to me. I am in awe that such things exist at all!

Dex-chan lover
What's with that, anyway? I'm confused because the story implies that she's been learning from the elf for 30 years, and so she should be 50 or so, right?
Asian ppl are usually shorter than westerners and more childlike features.
So if a westerner has never seen a south east asian before they're more likely to judge them to be younger than they actually are, more so for women.
So despite being 25+ she looks like a teen to them. Yeah she's supposed to be 50 mentally but the author will probably have her behave like 8 yr old anyway.

Dex-chan lover
That's gotta be the most undwarfy dwarf that I have ever seen in my life, and that's including the Hobbit films, asian-origin videogames and all the isekai that plague this site.

Users who are viewing this thread